supports

• 2 months later...

Ik this is an old topic, but I'll just answer real quick. Due to the fact that PoR does supports by chapter completion, there really is no effective method. RD only tracks supports by a transferred file, so you need to beat the game AT LEAST 7 times (Ike has that many supports) and transfer them to RD im afraid. Hope i helped!

A long time ago I took detailed notes on whom to deploy in which chapters to get the most A supports, and completed the game often enough to unlock them all, but unfortunately I think I misplaced those notes.

I do know that with regard to the variations of the same support level (e.g. the two possible versions of Jill-Mist A), if you unlock one, you unlock them all.

I could do some research and redo my notes, although it will take time. Zog58 is right about it requiring at least 7 playthroughs, though.

Note that both characters involved in a support must be present and under your direct control from the very beginning of the chapter for their supports to increase. Titania, for example, does not count as being present for chapter 2 because of her late arrival, and thus her supports with Ike, Boyd, and Rhys do not improve in chapter 2. The same goes for enemy or neutral characters recruited in a chapter (such as Mia and Ilyana in chapter 7 and 8), allied characters (such as Lethe and Mordecai in chapter 9), and the reinforcements you can summon in chapter 17.

Also, Ike is the only character who has 7 possible supports; everyone else has fewer. The characters who have the most possible supports besides Ike are Rhys, Ilyana, Mist, Rolf, and Moredecai (5 each).

Edited by Paper Jam

A long time ago I took detailed notes on whom to deploy in which chapters to get the most A supports, and completed the game often enough to unlock them all, but unfortunately I think I misplaced those notes.

I do know that with regard to the variations of the same support level (e.g. the two possible versions of Jill-Mist A), if you unlock one, you unlock them all.

I could do some research and redo my notes, although it will take time. Zog58 is right about it requiring at least 7 playthroughs, though.

I'd be really interested in seeing these.

I'm pretty sure that this doesn't accurately reflect what I actually did, but after careful consideration, I have concluded that this is a possible way to start unlocking those supports. These notes are only for three playthroughs and assume that the player is starting from scratch. I will complete the notes for the remaining four, but I can't give you a hard deadline for it.

I remember it getting easier the more playthroughs I did, since I had fewer supports left to unlock. You could probably omit one Support from each of those playthroughs (as long as it's not one of Ike's) and still unlock them all in 7 playthroughs. If my calculations are correct, there are 68 supports total, and these first three playthroughs will unlock a total of 33 of them, i.e. nearly half.

FE9 Support plans.doc

Edited by Paper Jam