2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Hmm I think the best way of determining whether a QB is overrated or underrated is to determine 1. What their rating actually is overall and 2. What are the parameters? A list comparing the best QBs in the NFL as they are playing right now would not be identical to best QBs over the course of their career(like only the most die hard Peyton fans can claim he's the best QB right now, but he's done more career wise than almost anyone else).

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Steelers fans agree with the followinga) that was one of the few good moments from him that seasonb) Aaron Rodgers in 2008 was nothing like Aaron Rodgers from then on. They went 6-10 that year and it was his first year starting after riding the bench, after the team somewhat fell apart after the previous year's NFCCG + it was the first year without Favre since like my birth year. You are super fucking biased. Don't even deny this. Holy shit.

Nope, not that biased. Just unknowingly not informed enough sometimes.

Honestly, Ana, I find it HILARIOUS you don't find yourself to be biased when half of your posts are you celebrating random af awards or records set by some Steelers offensive player. Like, I'm glad you're happy for your gr8 offense, but they fell apart when one player was injured. Who really cares when they didn't make it past the first round of the playoffs?

You don't see me constantly posting about the offensive records that Gronk has thrashed or is on pace to set. I imagine that would get slightly annoying after a while, ya?

Honestly, Ana, I find it HILARIOUS you don't find yourself to be biased when half of your posts are you celebrating random af awards or records set by some Steelers offensive player. Like, I'm glad you're happy for your gr8 offense, but they fell apart when one player was injured. Who really cares when they didn't make it past the first round of the playoffs?

You don't see me constantly posting about the offensive records that Gronk has thrashed or is on pace to set. I imagine that would get slightly annoying after a while, ya?

As a non-Patriots fan, I can see that they're very different with and without Gronk- just compare Brady in the first four games to the rest of the season.

I said "not that biased" not "not biased at all." :P

I admit I'm a bit biased sometimes. Aren't we all? And I was told that there's nothing wrong with having a little bias.

I'm aware that our offense fell apart when Bell went down. It sucked, you know? This team really needs to learn to not play like trash if even ONE star gets hurt.

And I'm not sure how you can say I'm incredibly biased. Look, I'll give you proof right now.

Elliot Harrison made an article where he ranked all 32 head coaches. He put Mike Tomlin at #6. I think that's rather generous and that Tomlin shouldn't really be that high. Yes, he's been to two Super Bowls in his career and he's the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl. But he won that with Bill Cowher's players and coaches. And lately the team's been inconsistent and he has a poor record vs bad teams. He needs to fix those things and get to a couple Super Bowls with his own team before I rate him this high. I'm not even sure if he's a top 10 coach. He's a cool dude though!

This is my honest opinion. Where do you see extreme bias here?

Edited by Anacybele

And I'm not sure how you can say I'm incredibly biased. Look, I'll give you proof right now.

Elliot Harrison made an article where he ranked all 32 head coaches. He put Mike Tomlin at #6. I think that's rather generous and that Tomlin shouldn't really be that high. Yes, he's been to two Super Bowls in his career and he's the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl. But he won that with Bill Cowher's players and coaches. And lately the team's been inconsistent and he has a poor record vs bad teams. He needs to fix those things and get to a couple Super Bowls with his own team before I rate him this high. I'm not even sure if he's a top 10 coach. He's a cool dude though!

This is my honest opinion. Where do you see extreme bias here?

The bias is that you can probably only name one head coach (five if we're being generous) in the entire NFL but you probably know the names of all the coaching staff on the Steelers.

Here's a test. Without looking it up, who is the current HC of the NY Jets? The QB of the Minnesota Vikings? The best WR of all time in 49er history? The greatest Special Teams player to ever exist?

Hint on the last one: Anyone who can actually answer that question gets a cookie from me.

Bias doesn't mean that you think that your team is the greatest no matter what (you do but that's a different matter). Bias is being favourable towards one team without awarding same merit to every other team in the league. For example, I'm biased towards the Bills. Chococoke to the Cheatriots. Lord Raven to the Ravens.

The only difference is that while we all immerse ourselves in the going-ons of the rest of the league, you intentionally ignore anything that does not have to do with the Steelers but can pull obscure facts about Pittsburgh off the top of your head.

It's nice to be a superfan but here, we don't want to hear about the Steelers every second of the day. Raven doesn't always talk about the Ravens or Chococoke about the Cheatriots. In fact, I don't even talk about the Bills that often. But the only thing you can post about are the Steelers when you blatantly ignore the other 31 teams in the league.

And THAT is extreme bias.

On another note, why have people started talking about the Bills all of a sudden? Are we actually playoff bound for the first time since Flutie Flakes existed?

Edited by Oogie Fletzet

Ah, the guy that likes to treat me like I'm completely stupid when it comes to the NFL.

I can name plenty of head coaches, smartass. In addition to Tomlin:

- Ron Rivera (Panthers)

- Joe Philbin (Dolphins)

- Marvin Lewis (Bengals)

- Mike Pettine (Browns)

- John Harbaugh (Ravens)

- Andy Reid (Chiefs, I think)

- Rex Ryan (Bills)

- Bill Belichick (Patriots)

- Bruce Arians (Cardinals)

And the Vikings QB? Teddy Bridgewater. I even said this one earlier in the thread.

Why should I care about the rest?

And I don't completely ignore every other team, you're just ignorant of my posts. I'm a Panthers fan too, for one thing, and for another, I've mentioned other teams too. Besides, I fail to see how I absolutely HAVE to be super knowledgeable about and talk about every team all the fucking time.

Edited by Anacybele

That's not really our point... your bias towards those guys is oozing. Remember that whole write-up you supposedly did about how Ben and Newton were Top 5 quarterbacks? Also, do you know/can you name any of the offensive systems that some teams run? Not all of them (I don't think I could do that either, but I know some really obscure ones like the Vikings somehow run an Air Coryell despite Bridgewater not having that great of an arm).

He's also using exaggeration to make a point fyi...

For example, I'm biased towards the Bills. Chococoke to the Cheatriots. Lord Raven to the Ravens.

Is it really bias when I know the Ravens will win the next 5 Super Bowls and Flacco will become the undisputed GOAT? Edited by Lord Raven

And my point is why do I have to know any of that stuff to be considered not really biased?

That thing with Ben and Newton was a long time ago, I've learned a lot more since then.

Also, I remembered another HC: Jack Del Rio, Raiders coach.

And my point is why do I have to know any of that stuff to be considered not really biased?

That thing with Ben and Newton was a long time ago, I've learned a lot more since then.

Also, I remembered another HC: Jack Del Rio, Raiders coach.

Hyperbole. That is all.

The WR is Jerry Rice and ST player is Steve Tasker. Coach is Todd Bowles.

Edited by Oogie Fletzet

On another note, why have people started talking about the Bills all of a sudden? Are we actually playoff bound for the first time since Flutie Flakes existed?

It's trendy to pick against the Super Bowl champions and for another team to win the AFC East and the Bills were the #2 team in the division last year. I think their chances are fair, but based off of last year there are a lot of potential wild card teams (Bills, Dolphins, Texans, Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers etc.) I'm still not sold on the Bills offensively.

It's trendy to pick against the Super Bowl champions and for another team to win the AFC East and the Bills were the #2 team in the division last year. I think their chances are fair, but based off of last year there are a lot of potential wild card teams (Bills, Dolphins, Texans, Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers etc.) I'm still not sold on the Bills offensively.

I think the Dolphins are closer to winning the AFC East than the Bills at this point. They need to upgrade their guards and receivers and they could be a scary team. But I still believe the Patriots will win the division because they have Bill Belichick.

The Dolphins have always looked nicer than their actual result. Tanenhill has problems when he starts getting continuously hit and hurries. Get to him early and he's broken for the rest of the game.

Bills O-Line still looks weak (would have dropped Percy Harvin and Shady like calculus just to sign Iaputi) but it's not easy to build one in a season. And QB race is engaging but I'm not ready to back any given horse.

Chargers' valuable TE Antonio Gates got himself suspended for a few games. That's gotta hurt. xP

Not really going to hurt imo.

In retrospect, it COULD hurt going against the Lions and the Vikings. Because the Vikings has Harrison Smith and without Antonio Gates, Harrison Smith doesn't need to commit to the Tight End as much. But Green could go under the radar. The Lions has a good defense so it might hurt us to not have the secondary need to commit to the Tight End again. But this could also make Green go under the radar.

The first 4 game stretches determines any of the 3 things: Green is overrated, Gates is really one of a kind, or Green is as good or better than Antonio Gates.

Our back-up Ladarius Green is his heir. So this is his chance for him to show he is worthy to be the heir of Antonio Gates. Green has all the good measurables but he needed to develop his route running and his ability to get open to be a real impact. He was incredibly raw and one of A.J Smith's steals.

It does hurt though in Antonio Gates becoming a first ballot hall of famer and him breaking Tony Gonzales' record. But the Chargers as a team, it doesn't hurt because Green is expected to be his heir plus needs more experience/playing time.

We really should use Green more. Everybody says we lack a deep threat. Ladarius Green is our true deep threat and secret weapon.

Edited by ~Summer~

Well, I just recalled Gates being labeled as a good TE and saw his suspension and yeah. Makes sense that the Chargers would groom another one behind him.

Well, I just recalled Gates being labeled as a good TE and saw his suspension and yeah. Makes sense that the Chargers would groom another one behind him.

Yah the only difference between Gates and Green. Is that Green can actually block. Albeit he'll rarely be asked to pass block because of our system, but I definitely think he'll be an asset in the run game. Because Gates tries to box DBs out rather than knock them over. Green prefers just to push them outta the way.

If only Reich could use double TE sets more. He promised to use them a lot but only used it during the Patriots game. Gdi Reich.

Edited by ~Summer~

Gates isn't just good.

He's incredible. The best receiving Tight End of the past decade, barring Gronk.

I would actually say that he's far and away better than Gronk.

Gronk's been a factor in the past few years but Gates has been around and making differences in the past decade. Gronk needs his production to last at least another 5 years to be considered on Gates' level.

Just because he's been around and producing for longer hardly makes Gates "far and away better" than Gronk.

In roughly 1/3 the total games (65 to 179,) Gronk has 55 total TDs to AG's 99. With another 5 years of healthy production, Gronk should exceed AG's statistics. Hell, Gronk has already had a season that exceeds AG's best year in terms of receiving yards/receiving TDs.

Antonio Gates is an obvious Hall of Fame-r, as obvious as it gets. But Gronk has proved capable of dominating almost any game he's healthy for, and is better than AG was in his prime

EDIT: I know I caught some flak for slightly calling out Russell Wilson's faith a little while back, but can you all please just read his comments about God and dating Ciara? The dude is a LITTLE off and he's about to be paid a lot of money

Edited by chococoke

So guys, who do you think will be no. 1 in this year's top 100? Obviously, I'd love to say Antonio Brown because I love our man AB, but if it isn't JJ Watt, I'll be shocked. Because JJ Watt.

A wide receiver should never make it into the #1 of the Top 100.

lol, this is basically saying that a WR can't ever play extremely well. And that's definitely not true. I highly disagree with you.

Also, this isn't even relevant to my question.

Edited by Anacybele