2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

No, a WR is probably the least important position on offense. A single WR doesn't generally make or break a team.

Neither does a single 3-4 DE, if the 2013 Texans are of any indication, but Megatron got like 1100 yards on a 0-16 team so...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So? Still doesn't mean one can't play extremely well. Also, I'd say WRs are more important than you think. The Chiefs didn't ever get into the endzone vs the Steelers because their WRs were shit. Our front seven pretty much shut down Jamaal Charles, so their run game wasn't working well either.

Edited by Anacybele

So? Still doesn't mean one can't play extremely well. Also, I'd say WRs are more important than you think. The Chiefs didn't ever get into the endzone vs the Steelers because their WRs were shit. Our front seven pretty much shut down Jamaal Charles, so their run game wasn't working well either.

The Chiefs should've got a WR touchdown against us but they fumbled at the endzone and had it get recovered by their Fullback lmao. Still though the Chiefs have incredible Tight Ends. Tight Ends are usually better red zone threats than Wide Receivers.

Edited by ~Summer~

As I said, one single WR isn't particularly game changing. A corps of good WRs are. Chiefs had basically negative WR talent.

Calvin Johnson broke the yardage record when the Lions went 4-12, because their #2 was Titus Young (who I believe has admitted to running a different route than the playcall prescribed) or Kris Durham (who is practice squad talent). They are perhaps the least important position. If Dwayne Bowe were back to like 2009 levels of production then the Chiefs still wouldn't be much better than a 9-7 team.

Edited by Lord Raven

Aaaand...

JJ Watt is number 1! With Aaron Rodgers at #2! I predicted the top two correctly, oh wow. :o

And AB clocked in at no. 8 and the highest ranked receiver this year! WOO WOO, GO AB! :D (8 is my lucky number too!)

EDIT: Ack, I didn't notice Calvin Johnson was ahead of him by two spots, I thought that was someone else at first. Oh well. :P

Edited by Anacybele

JPP amputated his index finger.

I don't give a shit about Ronnie Lott, JPP is done for his career. So long, have a nice rest of your life.

Ronnie Lott amputated like a tip of his finger or something. He didn't amputate the whole thing.

EDIT: RIP Ken Stabler. Please make it to the hall.

Edited by Lord Raven

And even if he had amputated the whole finger, couldn't he have still played? I mean, he's not a QB, so it's not like he has to throw any balls...

And yeah, RIP Stabler. I hadn't heard of him until his death, but I figure that as a Steelers fan, I should pay my respects since he's the QB that was playing for the Raiders when the Immaculate Reception happened.

For a defensive end the finger importance is as follows:

1) thumb
2) ring
3) pinkie (4th & 5th most important for power grip)
4) middle
5) index
(Source: @ProFootballDoc on Twitter, a former San Diego Chargers medical staff member)
So he could pretty much play at a high level still.
Edited by ~Summer~

NFL.com's Pain Rankings:

7: KC

6: Bengals

5: Vikings

4: Lions

My guesses are Bills, Jags and Browns to round out that list. Can't think of three worse franchises than those.

EDIT: I want NFL.com to interview John Murphy about the Bills. He's the perfect person to talk about how much it sucks to be a Bills fan.

Edited by Oogie Fletzet

Ha, I'm surprised to see the Bengals there, but at the same time, I'm not. I'm surprised because I think they're a pretty decent team overall, but I'm not surprised because they keep flunking in the playoffs, Andy Dalton is still average, and AJ Green can't seem to go one game without getting hurt lately. :P

NFL.com's Pain Rankings:

7: KC

6: Bengals

5: Vikings

4: Lions

My guesses are Bills, Jags and Browns to round out that list. Can't think of three worse franchises than those.

EDIT: I want NFL.com to interview John Murphy about the Bills. He's the perfect person to talk about how much it sucks to be a Bills fan.

I doubt the Jaguars would be on there given their relatively short history- they've won as many Super Bowls as teams who have been around for many more years. This list is about franchises not current play, obviously the Bengals and Chiefs are better than the Bucs or whatever currently.

I'd probably vote for Falcons, Cardinals, Browns. Although I never would have put the Vikings on there, so maybe not the same criteria.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I doubt the Jaguars would be on there given their relatively short history- they've won as many Super Bowls as teams who have been around for many more years. This list is about franchises not current play, obviously the Bengals and Chiefs are better than the Bucs or whatever currently.

I'd probably vote for Falcons, Cardinals, Browns. Although I never would have put the Vikings on there, so maybe not the same criteria.

How do the Bills not make it?

- 4 Superbowls lost in a row with one of them having the league's best kicker (and one of the best of all time) blowing a 37 yarder.

- Last playoff appearance being over 15 years ago and lost the game on the final kickoff on one of the most controversial calls of all time.

- More years of mediocrity than can ever be described including not having a winning season in 10 years.

- After first +.500 season in ten years, coach quits and QB retires.

The Bills are the epitome of pain.

Vikings are on the list because of a lot of reasons. '98 NFC Championship, '09 NFC Championship (Favre tossed that INT at the end), Herschel Walker trade... do I need to go on?

The Browns should definitely be there too... lol I don't think they've had a winning season in a couple decades and they've never been to a Super Bowl.

The Browns should definitely be there too... lol I don't think they've had a winning season in a couple decades and they've never been to a Super Bowl.

Browns went 10-6 in 2007.

Browns also made playoffs in 2002 (9-7) and went 11-5 in 1994.

Last time each team had a winning record;

2014 - Patriots, Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Colts, Texans, Seahawks, Cardinals, Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Lions

2013 - Panthers, Saints, 49ers

2012 - Falcons, Vikings, Bears, Giants, Washington Professional Football Team

2011 - Titans

2010 - Jets, Buccaneers

2008 - Dolphins

2007 - Browns, Jaguars

2003 - Rams

2002 - Raiders

Playoff droughts

2014 - Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks, Panthers, Lions, Cardinals

2013 - Chargers, Chiefs, 49ers, Saints, Eagles

2012 - Texans, Falcons, Washington Professional Football Team, Vikings

2011 - Giants

2010 - Bears, Jets

2008 - Dolphins, Titans

2007 - Buccaneers, Jaguars

2004 - Rams

2002 - Browns, Raiders

1999 - Bills

Edited by Lord Raven

I'm not scared, I just treat the word like the n word - unnecessary and a reminder of a time that should not have been. This isn't the thread for a political debate though.

Obligatory "fuck Dan Snyder."

Edited by Lord Raven

Huh, how did I miss that stuff? I should've seen if the Browns had any winning records, they're in the same division as the Steelers... xP

I think the whole debate over the Redskins' name is ridiculous. It's just a football team using a name they thought was good. They're not trying to kill anybody with it.

The Bills have had it pretty rough in recent history, but that list isn't all about recency, the Bengals have pretty solid for like a decade or so now for instance.

I dunno why Washington fans would be optimistic- they might be the worst team in the NFC.

I think the whole debate over the Redskins' name is ridiculous. It's just a football team using a name they thought was good. They're not trying to kill anybody with it.

Because you are a white girl that doesn't understand how racism actually works in this country and the following things;

a) how scathing the mainstream media is towards minorities

b) how much the mainstream media attempts to trample any sort of plight of minorities.

The name of Washington's professional football team is a slur, out and out. I'd ask how you feel if you saw a team named the Washington Sand N Words, but you probably wouldn't understand because it's not a word that represents the plight of your race and you don't know what it's like to be treated as just another god damn minority/mexican/etc and constantly shat on by the media. Don't bother arguing with me about this unless you can genuinely understand racism.

And before you keep going; yes, racism towards whites is racism, but cases of that are incredibly rare and on top of that racism against whites isn't perpetuated by the majority because the majority of this country are whites.

Now, let's actually get into the first owner of the team, who used to have his team in Boston known as the Boston Braves then moved them to Washington to rename them that monstrosity of a name. The original owner of the team was a god damned racist and one of the worst human beings to own a team - which says a lot considering who has owned NFL teams in history. For instance, he did not allow integration between whites and blacks on his team until fucking Washington DC said "you will either allow African Americans on the team that represents us or you will go fuck yourself and move elsewhere." He was the last owner to allow integration and was a fervent supporter of segregation. He clearly and blatantly chose the name due to its racial connotations and his own white supremacist motivations. The only reason they are not changing their name is money, pure and simple, and it now sickens me to see people saying the word and waving flags saying that word in public.

Also Washington fans are always optimistic. I never understand it.

Edited by Lord Raven

You mean what if the Redskins were called the Niggers? I know full well that that word is awful. I've known for YEARS that that word is an insult. But I've never heard the word "redskin" used as an insult, only the name of a football team.

And what does my own race have to do with anything? Being white doesn't mean I don't know anything about racism. Hell, you're talking to someone that was once somewhat racist herself after growing up being picked on by black kids all the fucking time. But since that's off topic, I won't go into detail on how horrible that was. Thankfully, I had the smarts to later change my ways and think that I was just unlucky enough to meet a lot of black kids that were bullies.

And you think I don't know about things like segregation and whatnot? You DO remember that we have history classes in school, right?