2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Join the club, folks. The Steelers still don't have Pouncey back. It's a good thing Cody Wallace doesn't suck. He's no Pouncey though, since Pouncey is awesome.

Anyway, my picks! There won't be a 3-things-to-know segment this time though, since the Steelers are on a bye this week.

Titans vs Jaguars: Yeah, gotta pick the Jags at home here. I think Mariota still has growing pains.

Colts vs Falcons: Colts are just unlucky right now. See what I did there? The Falcons haven't lost their QB, nor Julio Jones. And they're at home.

Rams vs Ravens: If the Steelers couldn't do much against the Rams D, no way will the flimsy Ravens offense accomplish much. They are kind of up and down though, so for all I know, the Rams could blow it too. But I still think they're the safer pick here.

Redskins vs Panthers: Mah cats at home, baby! Cam Newton still needs to get ahold of himself with those celebrations though. Jesus Christ, he's going to get flagged next time if he doesn't, I'm sure of it.

Broncos vs Bears: Bears are actually looking fairly decent lately and are at home. But the Broncos still have a good defense. It might be close. I think the Broncos are a bit of a safer bet with no more Peyton to blow it.

Raiders vs Lions: The Lions just KO'd the Packers in Lambeau, dude. And they're at home now. The Raiders could make this a good game though, I think.

Jets vs Texans: Texans really surprised by beating the Bengals, even though lol prime time Andy Dalton, but I don't think they can pick apart that Jets D. I've been wrong about teams not being able to do that though, so who knows...?

Cowboys vs Dolphins: Romo's back, yo. Though, I'd prefer a Dolphins win here.

Buccaneers vs Eagles: Bucs still suck. lol

Chiefs vs Chargers: Chargers just have too many issues right now, it looks like.

Packers vs Vikings: Rodgers has been mad at himself lately, so I see him really working to bounce back.

49ers vs Seahawks: Niners still suck too. :P

Bengals vs Cardinals: Cardinals need to win here, I must pick them. Plus...it's another prime time game. And a short week for Average Andy. lol I'm on your side this week, Jedi!

Bills vs Patriots: I'd LOVE for the Bills to win here, but the Patriots at home again, blah blah blah.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually liked Cam Newton's celebration. I especially liked the fact that he started celebrating harder when the Titans' players came over to complain. And I full-on endorsed his moves when that "concerned mother" wrote her absurd open letter to Newton about how inappropriate his actions were or whatever bullshit she came up with.

I liked it too, but at the same time, I didn't like it. I liked it because it was cool and funny. I didn't like it because it was also rather dickish of Cam. He was most certainly taunting the Titans and should've been flagged. And these kinds of flags are just inexcusable. Does Cam really want to risk putting his team in a bad spot because of a taunting flag?

Eh, if you say so.

Heh heh, there's a whole article on DeAngelo Williams now, because of how surprisingly good he's been (the Cleveland game aside, dunno what the heck happened there. This was supposed to be the worst run defense in the league and D-Man could only get 54 yards. It's more than what any Cleveland back got though. lol).

You don't usually see a backup RB getting FedEx Ground Player of the Week, which D-Man got a week or so ago. ^^

I think there are two main reasons for Williams's improvement though. 1, he's running behind a better o-line than last year, and 2, he's probably learning from Bell. Bell may be younger, but the patience thing is definitely rubbing off on D-Man. He didn't look like that before.

Speaking of weekly awards, Big Ben got AFC Offensive Player of the Week again! I had a feeling he would, he ripped apart a team while enduring a high ankle sprain. Even if the Browns were bad, it's still impressive. Big Ben is amazing. :D

Edited by Anacybele

If the Steelers couldn't do much against the Rams D, no way will the flimsy Ravens offense accomplish much.

girl we put up like 14 more points against the Bengals than you guys did

there's no transitive property

Way to ignore the second part of my comment there dude. I ALSO said that the Rams have been up and down, so they could also blow it.

Also, Ben was coming off that MCL sprain in that game. It ended up hindering him quite a bit. He'd been known to come back from ankle problems easily, but this was different.

Edited by Anacybele

hey cynthia we just lost our starting C

you wanna flip that prediction? i'm pretty sure you're like 3-6 with predicting the ravens, although I personally am enjoying this trainwreck of a season as long as Flacco doesn't tear an ACL.

Picking Case Keenum? Yeah, I'm good with the Ravens thanks.

I'm 4-5 picking the Ravens this year, not my hottest team.

Winning in yards, but redzone offense being crap is killing us.

Bortles just dehydrated not injured, but he did follow up a big throw with an interception. That's so Jaguars.

Bailed out by special teams and finally not red zone fail- just have to hold on now...

Titans fumble yesss.

And it's over- Jaguars now winners of 3 of their last 4 believe it or not.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah, well, our starting center missed half of the season and then came back as our right tackle. Excuse me wut

That's your problem?

We went through 5 Centers.........

Our starting Center, Nick Hardwick last year, he was lost for the season due to a neck injury that had some sort of permanent effect on him. Placed on the IR Week 1.

Our back-up Center Rich Ohrnberger played through a back injury but was eventually placed on the IR since his back pain was truly that bad.

Our 3rd string Center Doug Legursky didn't last long as he hurt his leg or something playing in one game before eventually being placed in the IR.

Our current Center who was originally a back-up Guard drafted in the 3rd round became our Center for the future. His ankles got fucked up pretty bad that he couldn't make it to the end of the season.

Our current back-up Center, Trevor Robinson was a pretty stable back-up but he missed a couple plays during the final game at Kansas City.

Jeremiah Sirles, who we traded to the Vikings. He's a Linebacker who I believe played Guard in College. He had to fill-in at both Guard and Center.

I believe our Long Snapper saw time at Center too.

We got down to our 7th string Center, hell, a Linebacker playing Center. I'm surprised that Rivers signed an extension when he could've went to the Bills, the Jets, the Browns, or the Redskins to easily win a ring next year.

This year our Center for the future, Chris Watt, went on the IR like around Week 6 or 7. He played Guard on Week 1.

Trevor Robinson isn't as durable as he was last year but he hasn't missed a play. He's been noticably hurt a couple times though.

I really don't mind the shifting of our linemen since we have Joe D'alessandris from Buffalo. One of the better O-line developing coaches who really emphasizes versatility in the position so we can move around our linemen.

But if your biggest problem is your starting Center playing Right Tackle after missing half a season....ohhh man.

I'm really salty...

Lord Raven should make a rule against saltiness.

Edited by ~Summer~

Rivers would never sign with the Bills. We're a crap franchise, remember?

I want to apologize to Lord Raven. Forsett broke his arm. Jeez, that's an injured team.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

Damn, that's a tough loss for the Ravens there, losing Forsett. And to a broken arm. That's going to keep him out for awhile. Ike Taylor was out for most of a season when that happened to him once.

Panthers, seriously. You're TIED with the Redskins? Don't make your first loss to these chumps. :(

We also lost our center, first round pick, and left guard going into this game.

Gonna enjoy the draft!

EDIT: Buck Allen ain't doing bad.

Edited by Lord Raven

So I want either the Colts or Texans to lose, both preferably. And a Miami loss would be great as well... Yeah, not sure I'll get any of those. Oh and a Raiders loss.

EDIT: Hasselpick threw an INT in the endzone as I posted so that's pretty good. And Dez just caught a TD for Dallas so the football gods don't hate me.

And there's the Detroit TD. Let's put all the relevant teams in the Wild Card back a few games. Ana, you also want these results.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

Unfortunately for those of us in the AFC, the Colts appear to have won.

It doesn't bother me that much. A Jets loss helps me (since my Bills currently own the Wild Card) so I'm OK with both the Colts and Texans winning. I just wanted one to win and one to lose to put some distance between me and those chasing the Wild Card.