2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

You're still missing the point that he's the shortest Steeler and he's often (attempted to be) covered and tackled by guys taller than him. I highly doubt that the ad was comparing him to other WRs. Also, it's a FREAKING AD. I don't see why you're making a huge deal out of it.

You're the one being inspired by it.

lol you're the one saying people here hate me and shit.

This is putting words into my mouth. I said people hate seeing you post here. Not that people hate you.

And like I said, I TOLD you I didn't want to argue any further because I didn't see any more point in it. And I still don't because we won't agree. You say continuing to argue is less rude than trying to ignore someone who's arguing with you? I'm often told ignoring is the better way to go, so that's what I do. I'm trying to improve myself all the time, so what else would I do than do my best to listen to advice that's given to me?

Here's how you ignore people without pissing them off and making them want to argue more. You don't try to slyly get in the last word, then ignore everything thereafter. You instead insisted you were correct, you insisted your viewpoint was the right one, and then kept on insisting it, then you said "oh but I don't wanna argue more." No, if you didn't want to argue more, then you wouldn't say anything else. That is bad tact. If you're trying to improve yourself, you're still not doing a good job.

In fact, you say you're trying to improve yourself, but instead of responding to my points you said you're twisting my words into something I didn't say. When I showed that I had a very clear idea of what you said including quotes, you still ignored me. Simply, do not bring up a point at all in the first place that you're not willing to actually receive criticism for instead of getting pissed when people do provide criticism.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the Cardinals hire a female coach already? I thought they were the first to do this. o.O

You don't try to slyly get in the last word,

...What? What are you talking about? My intentions are nothing more than to stop/end an argument before things really get out of hand.

Edited by Anacybele

Didn't the Cardinals hire a female coach already? I thought they were the first to do this. o.O

She was part time and they let her go or something to that extent.

...What? What are you talking about? My intentions are nothing more than to stop/end an argument before things really get out of hand.

I don't think you quite understand what you're doing wrong.

You make a claim.

Someone argues against it.

You tell them to stop twisting their words.

Someone points out clearly how words aren't being twisted.

You tell them to stop arguing, and you still say shit to further the argument, and you still make the same accusations. Instead of saying "Okay I see what you're saying" you are still insistent that you are correct.

...Then no, I guess I never did understand. I hate when I do that... This is the kind of crap I've been trying to stay away from. But now I wonder, how can I when I don't know when I do it in the first place? Also, I can't say "I see what you're saying" if I don't actually see what you're saying...

Well, that's another topic. As for the Cardinals coach, I see now.

...Then no, I guess I never did understand. I hate when I do that... This is the kind of crap I've been trying to stay away from. But now I wonder, how can I when I don't know when I do it in the first place? Also, I can't say "I see what you're saying" if I don't actually see what you're saying...

Well, that's another topic. As for the Cardinals coach, I see now.

You do it almost every time you post so a general assumption of doing it all the time is quite fair. It wouldn't be difficult to point out many different examples from this thread alone.

I know that I'm probably the most vicious poster here but thing about it like this. If you believe that what you're going to post is something acceptable to say to a random person face to face, go ahead and post it. If you believe that and we feel otherwise, it means that you don't know how to communicate with human beings in general. If not, then you're learning.

As for the Kathryn Smith hire, it's been on my newsfeed for days. I'm pleased about her and Ed Reed. I'm not pleased about Rob Ryan but what can you do?

Wooow, a kicker that was perfect all season misses right here in the AFC game. LOL Glad it was the Pats kicker and not the Broncos kicker.

EDIT: Brady throws a pick, Pey-Pey throws a TD! Broncos 13-6. GO HOME, PATRIOTS!

EDIT2: Wow, and a bunch of people thought Pey-Pey would be the one throwing picks! I kinda thought he would too. But Brady's thrown another one. Hahaha.

Edited by Anacybele

Wooow, a kicker that was perfect all season misses right here in the AFC game. LOL Glad it was the Pats kicker and not the Broncos kicker.

EDIT: Brady throws a pick, Pey-Pey throws a TD! Broncos 13-6. GO HOME, PATRIOTS!

EDIT2: Wow, and a bunch of people thought Pey-Pey would be the one throwing picks! I kinda thought he would too. But Brady's thrown another one. Hahaha.

Don't get excited yet. It's the Patriots. Brady can throw INTs all game and as long as he's within 14 points by the 4th quarter, he can still win the game easily. 8 points at halftime is nothing.

EDIT: Went back to the start of the topic and found this gem.

If you have game rewind, watch 2012 season Week 17 Ravens @ Bengals. We had already clinched the 4 seed so we rested our starters after the first quarter and Tyrod Taylor played the rest of the way. Can't read a defense, very athletic, has learned to put touch on his passes but it's still lacking, his arm isn't that strong for longer throws, his short range accuracy isn't great either, and he has issues with fumbles.

Poor man's 34-year-old Michael Vick.

8-6 as a starting QB with a beautiful long ball. Sure, Tyrod wasn't asked to be Brady or Palmer but he went 20/6 for over 3000 yards in his first starting season. Toss in over 550 rushing yards and 4 TDs with only 1 fumble lost and I'm pleased as punch.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

Broncos still hanging on to their 5 point lead though, so Brady is still having problems. :P He just got his butt sacked again.

Broncos need to get a little something going on offense tho. Even a FG at this point would be nice to see, because as you said, Brady is capable of turning things around.

Broncos still hanging on to their 5 point lead though, so Brady is still having problems. :P He just got his butt sacked again.

Broncos need to get a little something going on offense tho. Even a FG at this point would be nice to see, because as you said, Brady is capable of turning things around.

8 points with 9 minutes to go. Still a lot of time left on the clock.

This ain't Detroit, man, this is the Super Bowl!

Seriously. How do you not kick the field goal to put yourself in a position to win rather than force OT? Even if you convert 4th and get a TD, the 2 point conversion isn't guaranteed.

Broncos went 1-2-3-out so it's Brady's turn again.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Edited by Jim Moriarty

goddamn can the patriots just lose already

No. Unfortunately.

I TAKE THAT BACK. THEY LOSE. THANK THE HEAVENS.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

I was kinda hoping we had kicked the FG too. It's honestly a miracle that we had a chance to tie it; calling the O-line a turnstile is giving it too much credit because a turnstile at least SLOWS YOU THE FUCK DOWN.

Ughhhhhhhh dammit

Phoenix: Dude. :(

But let's see a Broncos/Panthers SB! LET'S GO PANTHERS!! I really want Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly to come away with sparkly rings! Greg Olsen deserves one too!

Edited by Anacybele

I know, I'm just messing with you. :P It does kind of sadden me how many people here don't like the Steelers, tho.

Panthers on the board first with a FG! It's a start, so let's keep it going!

8-6 as a starting QB with a beautiful long ball. Sure, Tyrod wasn't asked to be Brady or Palmer but he went 20/6 for over 3000 yards in his first starting season. Toss in over 550 rushing yards and 4 TDs with only 1 fumble lost and I'm pleased as punch.

To be fair, I could only judge what I saw. Glad I'm wrong.

Fucking amazing AFC Championship game.

Edited by Lord Raven