2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

...Damn. What the hell man, this was awful for Pouncey to go through. :(

I know about staph infections, as I know an elderly guy at work who had one, and he was in the hospital for literally months. I'm glad Pouncey was able to get through all of that BS. It's even more BS that whoever did his surgeries couldn't do it right even after several attempts. That's some messed up shit there.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be late but I can't help but feel impressed by Doug Whaley's drafting skills. Lawson at 19? Ragland in the 2nd?

Whaley actually said that he was considering taking Ragland in the 1st round if Shaq wasn't there.

Joe Haden thinks his Browns can follow up on what the Cavaliers did via motivation from it. Heh, that's cute.

(no offense to ClevelandSteve, though congrats! It must feel good to finally have a championship there again! Seriously!)

It's cool that he has such passion for his team, but the guy needs to look at the facts. His team still doesn't have a franchise QB let alone a SB caliber team. :P

And by his logic, the Steelers should be doing similar because the Penguins just won the Stanley Cup! (still a big FUCK YEAH!! And my championship t-shirt should be here today. :awesome:) If it all actually holds up, we'd better get ready for an unusual AFC North showdown in the playoffs!

Edited by Anacybele

Joe Haden thinks his Browns can follow up on what the Cavaliers did via motivation from it. Heh, that's cute.

(no offense to ClevelandSteve, though congrats! It must feel good to finally have a championship there again! Seriously!)

If any other Cleveland team follows the Cavs' lead, it will be the Indians. They're actually leading the AL Central right now. Though I personally think it might take a few years for them. Lots of other good teams in baseball right now.

The Browns still need to rebuild, just like I still need to adjust to my hometown no longer being the official butt monkey of all professional sports.

Ah, I see. Butt monkey lol. But yeah, no longer being that after so long probably will take some getting used to, huh? :P

On another note, good bye Shaun Suisham. :( Steelers had to cut him because he had a setback with his knee (remember, he tore his ACL last year, which set off the Steelers' string of kicker problems). He was a great kicker while he was with us though! I do wish him the best of luck.

It's a good thing we found Chris Boswell, though. This guy was incredible and made kicking in Heinz Field look easy!

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 weeks later...

*pokes thread*

We're nearing the start of training camp yassssssssss.

Tom Brady is suspended nooooooooo.

In all honesty, I'm personally VERY pleased that his case isn't being heard by the Supreme Court. And hey, I wouldn't mind Tom being 4 games fresher come playoff time.

Preseason is close too. :D

And yeah, I'm glad Brady's case isn't being heard anymore either. Can't everyone just give it a rest already?

On another note, I made this comic the other week due to AB's placing in the top 100 (which I'm aware is more of a popularity contest than anything, but I do think it's accurate to a degree), and it was coincidentally right in time for his birthday. ^^ Also, the comic is meant to be more of a joke and not to be taken seriously, just to point out. It's supposed to be funny!

ABcomic_zpsnmuqmrfp.png

(Note: I'm also aware that TY Hilton didn't actually make the top 100, he's there because of what he said in the AB video. lol)

Edited by Anacybele

I mean I understand why people don't want to "give it a rest" when the NFL is suspending your team's top player over some make-believe horse manure. However, I've gotten to the point where I realized that Roger was going to get his way eventually due to how the CBA is set up. There was no real chance at a victory here for the side of logic.

Meanwhile, some player on the Jets gets caught driving 130+ mph, WITH weed in the car, WITH a loaded gun, and WITH a 12 year old child in the back seat. 1 game suspension. Plenty of integrity there.

It seems that a lot of people DON'T think it's "make-believe horse manure" though, and this has been going on for some time now. I'm frankly tired of hearing about it.

And while I do think that this Jets player you bring up should be suspended a little longer than just one game, that doesn't mean Brady getting punishment for what happened isn't justified. The NFL needs to be more consistent with punishment though, seriously. I mean, there's the aforementioned Jets player, and then Vontaze Burfict only gets THREE games for repeated offenses of intentionally trying to physically injure other players. I'd say that's worse than cheating. Oh yeah, and Martavis Bryant got a whole season suspension just for taking the wrong drug. Even if he did do this more than once, Burfict is also a repeat offender, like I said.

Edited by Anacybele

The thing is, "what happened" involving Tom Brady is absolutely nothing.

The NFL took PSI ratings for EVERY ball, from EVERY game this past season. Don't you think if they actually found something conclusive (unless you think that Ted Wells' findings were actually conclusive, in which case logic is not a part of your repertoire) the NFL would've come out and said "Hey guys! Look, we found out the Patriots cheated based on all of this data we collected!"

What did they actually do with all of that data? Threw it away because it wasn't relevant. Or, reading between the lines, because they found out that Deflategate amounted to a ridiculously drawn-out witch hunt centered on weakening the most successful team of the past 15 years.

Yes, people think Brady cheated. These people just happen to gloss over everything I just mentioned because they want to see the man go down. I kinda understand it too, if I wasn't a Patriots fan I would always root against Tom Brady due to his success.

EDIT: Also, I agree that the NFL needs to change their policy on Mary Jane. I know a few Cowboys fans who agree with that as well LOL

Edited by chococoke

I don't know a whole lot about the situation, so I'm not going to comment either way. I just want to stop hearing about it.

What do you mean by "Mary Jane"?

It seems that a lot of people DON'T think it's "make-believe horse manure" though, and this has been going on for some time now. I'm frankly tired of hearing about it.

a lot of people think global warming is horse shit

that doesnt mean we should stop all efforts to appease those idiots

i welcome our tom brady suspension with open arms yet at the same time i cannot say that with a good conscience. either way, if someone else wants to argue to deflategate then by all means; otherwise ana, please don't press the issue, because you really fucking suck at listening to other people

mary jane is marijuana, up ur street lingo dawg

because you really fucking suck at listening to other people

Was this insult really necessary? And how does simply replying to someone's post mean I'm not listening?

Edited by Anacybele

you still don't get it so I wont even try :')

Then fucking explain it to me! Just because I don't understand doesn't mean I don't want to listen. But maybe you just suck as much at explaining as I apparently do at listening.

Sometimes I might think I understand when I actually don't, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to either.

Also, insulting someone is never necessary.

Edited by Anacybele

Meanwhile, some player on the Jets gets caught driving 130+ mph, WITH weed in the car, WITH a loaded gun, and WITH a 12 year old child in the back seat. 1 game suspension. Plenty of integrity there.

What the fuck?!

Recklessness, negligence, drugs and huge safety concerns for both the driver and the passenger only warrants a 1 game suspension.

The system is fucking wack yo, fuck the NFL. Brady gets suspended for 4 games for just deflating a fucking football. While a man who broke like 5 fucking laws at one time gets suspended for 1 game.

NFL = Never Failing Logic

Then fucking explain it to me! Just because I don't understand doesn't mean I don't want to listen.

Sometimes I might think I understand when I actually don't, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to either.

Also, insulting someone is never necessary.

Ana, I legitimately just laid out my entire point on why it's horseshit and you attempted to dismiss it by saying "plenty of people think he did it" and "I don't really understand the situation."

Which doesn't exactly suggest that you're trying to understand the situation. I mean, I agree that I'm tired of all of this, but if it were Big Ben going down for this you wouldn't appreciate me trying to dismiss your point while pretending I'm trying to understand

I always thought that the whole situation was fishy from the Patriots' side (because it felt like they were trying to hide evidence) but whatever. Can't say I'm upset about Brady's suspension because now he'll only beat me once this season rather than twice.

EDIT: HEY GUYS, IS THIS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE A QB FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW THAT DESERVES TO START ON A TEAM BETTER THAN DIVISION III HIGH SCHOOL SQUADS?

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

Ana, I legitimately just laid out my entire point on why it's horseshit and you attempted to dismiss it by saying "plenty of people think he did it" and "I don't really understand the situation."

Which doesn't exactly suggest that you're trying to understand the situation. I mean, I agree that I'm tired of all of this, but if it were Big Ben going down for this you wouldn't appreciate me trying to dismiss your point while pretending I'm trying to understand

I know you did, and I said I wouldn't comment because I didn't know enough about the situation to do so. -_- But I still read through it. And duh, I said I didn't want to hear about Brady anymore! Of course I didn't want to understand it that time. What I was saying to Lord Raven wasn't specifically for this situation, it was for future ones.

And yes, I would be upset if it were Ben, but if there was enough evidence saying that he had done something wrong, I would accept that he ought to be suspended. And I would be upset that he would do that to his team who needs him because he's the franchise QB and a top QB.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm definitely interested to see what Tyrod can do playing for a big-time contract. I almost want him to play well and price himself out of the Bills' range.

Shut up.

EDIT: HEY GUYS, IS THIS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE A QB FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW THAT DESERVES TO START ON A TEAM BETTER THAN DIVISION III HIGH SCHOOL SQUADS?

- raven circa 2009

- raven circa 2009

Haven't felt this way about a QB since the Flutie days and while RIP Ralph Wilson, fuck you Ralph Wilson.

I was 8 years old. I'm now nearly 25. That is some serious pain locked away.

So you're implying that you believe there's enough evidence that Brady should be suspended while also saying you don't understand or even want to understand what's going on. Never change Ana

Uh, no. I never said I believed either way. Awhile back, I did think that there was some cheating going on and I still think there was. But whether Brady had anything to do with it, I really don't know and really don't care.

Edited by Anacybele