2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Oh, turns out I was mistaken on one thing about Antonio Brown. He actually broke two franchise records, not one. :D Best Steeler receiver in history!

On another topic, Cam Newton. He ripped down a Packers sign? And he calls using the sign disrespect? He must've hit his head in the car accident he was in last year. He was the one being disrespectful. You didn't see Ben rip down the Raiders sign some fans had in Heinz Field. I hope Ron Rivera got on Cam's case about it and Cam apologizes. Otherwise, he just lost a bit of respect from me.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone else feel that the rules for overtime during the season are bs?

Nope. In fact, I actually like them much better than the "winner of coin flip almost always wins automatically". It gives both the defense and offense a chance. If they can't stop the TD, they don't deserve to win.

I like them too for the same reason.

Man, we have three RBs out for the season now. Jamaal Charles, Le'Veon Bell, and Dion Lewis. o.o

And speaking of RBs, look who's the number 1 Fantasy performer of Week 9! DeAngelo Williams. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Nope. In fact, I actually like them much better than the "winner of coin flip almost always wins automatically". It gives both the defense and offense a chance. If they can't stop the TD, they don't deserve to win.

the old rules were shit, don't get me wrong.

also, i misunderstood the new rules. it's more fair than i previously thought. still, i'd rather the entire ot be played...

The Bills Offensive coaching staff is far from stable and definitely less stable than the Ravens. Greg Roman has been here for half a year and we've completely retooled the personnel in the coaching department (as we do every year). Kromer missed 6 games of the season and hasn't been able to work on the OL up until now. David Lee has been bouncing around the AFC East and is in his second stint as the Bills QB coach. Rex might love Sanjay Lal but the man hasn't seen a decent set of WRs actually play well while he was coaching them (another coach pulled from NYJ but was in Oakland a couple years back).

Point was that he's not leaving for a head coaching job anytime soon and he's not gonna put him in four straight years of different pure pocket passing systems. I wasn't trying to complain so much as saying that Tyrod really looked terrible when he was with us except like during preseason, because of being put into three straight systems (well two straight but with three OCs/QB Coaches) which he just didn't fit in.

Another reason I'm glad he's doing well is the comp pick.

Also, fuck, Rex hired Sanjay Lal? Jesus Christ will he ever learn? Just make Greg Roman do all the offensive hiring. God he's an awful WRs coach.

also, i misunderstood the new rules. it's more fair than i previously thought. still, i'd rather the entire ot be played...

You definitely don't want them to be playing an entire OT period. Players get banged up enough in four quarters. Edited by Lord Raven

On one hand, it's obvious that we're REALLY missing Jordy Nelson more than we thought we would, and that our defense has....uh....not been good.

On the other hand, this may be another R-E-L-A-X situation. Considering Green Bay's next game against the Lions at Lambeau (The Lions being an absolute train wreck combined with their futility at Lambeau over the past 24ish years), it could do the trick for getting the Pack back on track.

I mean, I'm pretty sure the Packers are still making the playoffs and all but if they end up the #3 seed or something and have to go to Arizona/Carolina I don't love their odds of going to the Super Bowl. I suppose there's also a non-negligible chance they could lose the division, though I think the Vikings aren't as good as their record.

Point was that he's not leaving for a head coaching job anytime soon and he's not gonna put him in four straight years of different pure pocket passing systems. I wasn't trying to complain so much as saying that Tyrod really looked terrible when he was with us except like during preseason, because of being put into three straight systems (well two straight but with three OCs/QB Coaches) which he just didn't fit in.

Another reason I'm glad he's doing well is the comp pick.

Also, fuck, Rex hired Sanjay Lal? Jesus Christ will he ever learn? Just make Greg Roman do all the offensive hiring. God he's an awful WRs coach.

My issue is more the rehiring of David Lee. If Ryan Tannenhill is the best QB you've worked with before Tyrod and you've already failed the beginning of the Fitzpatrick years, why are you back?

Thank god for Doug Whaley. He's been a fantastic GM and has made a lot of great personnel changes since he was hired (great drafting with the jury still out on Sammy, ballsy trades and just commitment to building the team properly).

The list is as follows:

Sammy draft - This one remains to be seen but the returns look positive (when Sammy's healthy) and there's really nobody he needed to draft at 23 this season.

Shady trade - Win for Buffalo since Kiko's done with his second ACL tear. Shady might also be banged up but he's producing for sure.

Incognito signing - He's going to the Pro Bowl for sure, he's cleaned up his act and is straight up positive for the team. His kick- out blocks ended up giving Shady a TD on Sunday. He's playing at such a high level and has been a great positive. And everyone thought that he had leprosy.

This year's draft - Excellent. John Miller has been fantastic considering he's a rookie on a relatively young and not so great OL (minus Incognito). Karlos Williams was a 5th round pick and compliments Shady in a way that Fred Jackson could never do). And Ronald Darby is probably going to be the Defensive Rookie of the Year at 50th overall. Talk about a steal.

Rex Ryan hiring - Say what you will, Bills fans haven't had anything to cheer for and be proud of since the Flutie Years. This is the first time that we can say that we are Bills fans and not be ridiculed for it. We're not losing in blow-outs, we're blowing out others. It feels good to finally feel that we deserve respect because we haven't been respected as a unit for 15 years. We weren't supposed to go 9-7 last year. We were supposed to be the usual 6-10 or 5-11 team that can sometimes win but is mostly fodder for the better teams. Rex has instilled this team and its fanbase with pride. Even if it's false, it doesn't matter. Browns fans will know what I mean because they deserve to feel it too.

Huge game for the Bills on Thursday- if they lose they'll fall two games behind the Jets(and lose the tiebreaker). Winning at New England in Week 11 is extremely unlikely and 4-6 would be a huge hole to dig out of.

This season is depressing....tank for Top 10 pick!

Get a stud D-linemen!

or an heir to Weddle or Rivers.

Possibly the best run-stuffing defensive players and improvements to the offensive line.

EDIT: Literally all Chargers players right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weZosGF-xvM

Edited by ~Summer~

All right, picks time:

Bills at Jets- Tough one to pick, I think the Jets are a bit of a downswing on both sides of the ball and the Bills looked good last week...then again the Bills haven't managed consecutive wins this year.

Lions at Packers- Lions haven't won in Lambeau since 1990 or something absurd like that- they're also probably the worst team in the NFL.

Jaguars at Ravens- Bortles should have a big day against the Ravens secondary(who doesn't these days?), but at home after a bye I think the Ravens pull it out.

Bears at Rams- Consecutive road games for the Bears on a short week, their run D isn't that good and the Rams should be able to dominate them up front.

Browns at Steelers- Looks like no Big Ben...I don't trust Landry Jones(and Vick even less) but the Browns have a lot of issues of their own.

Panthers at Titans- Mariota looked great against the Saints defense, but the Saints have the worst defense in the NFL. Panthers are on the other end of the spectrum and should take care of business here.

Saints at Redskins- Saints are giving up like 40 points a game and they're on the road. I feel uneasy picking the Redskins though since they're not very good.

Cowboys at Bucs- So either I have to pick the Romo-less Cowboys to finally win...or I pick the Bucs. Cowboys keep getting close I think they can pull it off.

Dolphins at Eagles- Dolphins look to have reverted to full on dumpster fire mode.

Vikings at Raiders- Bridgewater will either not play (and it's aging perennial backup Shaun Hill behind him) or he's banged up. The Raiders D was awful in Pittsburgh, but Minnesota is pretty lacking in the passing game in any case.

Chiefs at Broncos- Broncos D at home should be able to take care of a still limited Chiefs offense.

Patriots at Giants- The Giants have had their way with the Patriots over the year, but they're currently very lacking in pass rush and overall pass defense. That is not a good thing against the Patriots.

Cardinals at Seahawks- Cardinals are better offensively, but Seahawks at home in primetime is tough to pick against. They've matched up well against the Cardinals offense in past meetings.

Texans at Bengals- Yeah, yeah primetime Dalton but he was fine against the Browns and is at home. The Bengals are the much better team on both sides of the ball.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'd rather the Seahawks, NE or Packers didn't win, but the SB is between these three, sadly.

If the Broncos could get home field advantage, I could see them taking it. Kinda hard to imagine the Bengals or Panthers as Super Bowl winners but they are undefeated...smart money is on the Patriots right now though I think.

Edited by -Cynthia-

If the Broncos could get home field advantage, I could see them taking it. Kinda hard to imagine the Bengals or Panthers as Super Bowl winners but they are undefeated...smart money is on the Patriots right now though I think.

Actually, I can see the Bengals finally doing it this year. They just need to hope that NE falls by surprise in the Divisional Round because if they play in the AFC final, they'll probably lose. And that would be... deflating.

I see what you did there. lol

Browns at Steelers- Looks like no Big Ben...I don't trust Landry Jones(and Vick even less) but the Browns have a lot of issues of their own.

I dunno, I actually think this is a gutsy call given the Steelers' track record vs below .500 teams. >.> The Steelers got blown out by the Browns last year too. But I'm inclined to pick the Steelers here anyway because of the one-man wrecking crew that is Antonio Brown and that Michael Vick won't be his QB anymore. And SOMEDAY, they have to stop that losing to bad teams nonsense.

Edited by Anacybele

They were only a few yards away from blowing that 19 point lead, but good on the Bills for holding on.

I'm so used to watching the Bills blow leads that I was expecting it.

Man, I didn't get to pick for this game because I was the last person to post (no double posting allowed. xP). I would've picked wrong though (the Jets). But anyway, I can still pick for the rest of the games! Kudos to the Bills, btw, I prefer them over the Jets.

Jaguars vs Ravens: Of course, I'd rather the Jaguars win here, but they're not quite good enough, I think. Ravens are at home too. Then again, I thought the Ravens would beat the Raiders and some other teams they lost to, so, who knows... :P

Lions vs Packers: Packers aren't as hot as they used to be for some reason, but they're still better than the Lions. And they're at home.

Dolphins vs Eagles: Eagles at home, Dolphins still have a few kinks to get out, I think.

Browns vs Steelers: Ben's probably not playing, but the Browns are kind of bad, and this is in Heinz Field, so hopefully even Landry Jones can have a good game against them. Still leaning more towards the defense here though, the Steelers D is legit now. Not amazing (yet), but no longer sucky at all.

Bears vs Rams: Nice one by the Bears last week, but the Rams have too good a D for them, I think, and they're at home.

Cowboys vs Buccaneers: Cowboys are just better. xP

Panthers vs Titans: LOL Titans against this team.

Saints vs Redskins: Saints look better.

Vikings vs Raiders: Those Raiders put up a good game, they're legit now. And at home here.

Chiefs vs Broncos: Bad matchup here for the Chiefs, that Broncos D, man. And the Broncos are at home.

Patriots vs Giants: lol, Pats fans probably hate these guys. Pats are still better, though.

Cardinals vs Seahawks: Seahawks aren't looking as good as before. The Cardinals, though...

Texans vs Bengals: LOL Texans. Though I'd still love for the Bengals to lose.

And now for the next edition of Three-Things-to-Know, this time for the Browns!

Three Things to Know vs the Browns

1. They're bad and have a bad record, but treat them like they're the Patriots or something, PLEASE. We can't have anymore losses to below .500 teams.

2. Landry Jones can't make the same mistakes he did vs the Chiefs. Like said above, the Browns aren't that great, and especially aren't great against the run, so using DeAngelo Williams here is key. AB should tear them up too though, because he's AB.

3. Secondary needs to do better against TEs. Like seriously. The Browns TE...Gary Barnidge, right? Isn't all that bad either, I think.

EDIT: Oh wait, Big Ben is expected to play Sunday! That's awesome if he's not in much pain, but just in case, he better not try anything stupid.

Edited by Anacybele

Manziel? I'd rather have Josh McCown play than him. Manziel is a sneaky running QB, and our defense sucks at stopping them.

And I just saw a video that says Ben is expected to play. Literally. xP

Edited by Anacybele