So microsoft made a robot/site that tries to guess ages...

Dragoncat

http://how-old.net/

It thinks I'm 36. -_- And apparently also, a guy. Yeah, it tries to guess gender too. Guess it could be worse though, judging from one of the instances of the howoldrobot hashtag on facebook a 20 something guy looks like a 3 year old girl.

What does it think you are?

Edited by Dragoncat

They think I'm 29, my cousin is 21, and my brother is 20... HOW.

EDIT: In another pic, they think I'm 21, and my friend Nicole is 17. CLOSER, but still, HOW. Luckily in both pictures, they know that I'm a girl. But my brother... not so lucky. They thought he was a girl too XD.

Edited by Carter

http://how-old.net/

It thinks I'm 36. -_- And apparently also, a guy. Yeah, it tries to guess gender too. Guess it could be worse though, judging from one of the instances of the howoldrobot hashtag on facebook a 20 something guy looks like a 3 year old girl.

What does it think you are?

Pff, it said I'm 44. Got the gender right though.

I've been mistaken for a guy lots of times, btw...my face is kinda fat so I guess that threw it off.

Tried a different photo and:

Me: female, 71

My brother: female, 23

Wat.

Edited by Dragoncat

Well, this thing is severely inaccurate about my age. I get that I don't look like I'm turning 24 next Tuesday, but I'm typically mistaken for a high school student, not someone in their forties. xP

Yeah, this thing really cannot process ages correctly. But that's acceptable considering it's still in testing, right?

I guess it also depends on the picture you use. Also maybe on angles, the way you smile, IF you smile, etc.

I was labeled 29 when I was looking straight into the camera, with a pretty weird smile. But when I'm with my friends, the angle is different and my smile is wider. That caused the robot to bump my age down by 8 years, to 21. That's still 7 years of my actual age but... whatever. It's a machine anyways, many adults I've met thought I was even younger because of my height.

Well, this thing is severely inaccurate about my age. I get that I don't look like I'm turning 24 next Tuesday, but I'm typically mistaken for a high school student, not someone in their forties. xP

Yeah. The technology needs a buttload of work.

Draco: You click "use my own picture" and upload a picture of yourself...

[spoiler=you're about 10 years off on that, buddy]4301f57eef75fef36afc6ab93695f760.png

you're 37? :o i don't believe my eyes

[spoiler=2 years over]28load_zpsmzazjj4f.png

[spoiler=2 years under]26load_zpsm1fcwy45.png

it's been a few years since those pics were actually taken from the current age i am..so overall i think the system still needs improving. at least it didn't mistake me for a female :|

Tried with one photo and got 27. Then tried another and got 32. Finally tried the last one and got 9. Yeah, NINE years old.

I'm 21

You look younger than my 7 year old cousin did

She got 10.

LOL I never thought of using it on fictional characters Vilk. Wrys looks accurate enough...is the first one Marth? He got screwed over.

LOL I never thought of using it on fictional characters Vilk. Wrys looks accurate enough...is the first one Marth? He got screwed over.

It's the Marth Senri Kita drew for FE13 DLC, yes.

i got 26 years old male.

it's inaccurate with my age by quite a few years...

Edited by Peppy