4. 4. Favorite gym leader battle theme?

• Kanto 1(RBY FrLg)
    • Kanto 2(GSC HgSs)
    • Johto
    • Hoenn
    • Sinnoh
    • Unova
    • Kalos

You mean the ash field route theme or the one on the way to Meteor Falls?

And Hoenn doesn't have a route 10, that's in Kanto, but yeah. It's hard to remember big numbers...which is why they shouldve done the thing that they did with X and Y and given the routes non number names also.

I meant route 110, sorry. lol

And I said "past" Fallarbor Town, so the route on the way to Meteor Falls. :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, let's see...

Trainer/wild: I'll be honest I never paid a whole lot of attention to general themes, haha. Johto, I guess.

Gym Leader: JOHTO /BIASBIASBIAS

Evil Team: Either BW!Plasma or Galactic. Speaking of, could you separate BW!Plasma from BW2!Plasma in the poll?

Evil Team Leader: DENNIS Either NFinal or Cyrus

Champion: Cynthia. Just epic. All are cool but Alder's though. Sorry Alder, but your theme is... underwhelming

Rival: Silver, no contest. Like Barry's too though.

Legendary: Don't get me started. Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde, Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf, Giratina, and Suicune I GUESS.

Other: PWT Finals is great.

Rival: The best rival theme isn't even an option! In all seriousness, Hugh's is a gem, considering the rest of his game. and somehow i forgot that silver had his own battle theme

Villain Teams: Magma/Aqua, determined entirely by the leader's music. Weren't they the first villains to actually have unique music?

Gym Leaders: Gen2/4 Kanto, which is kind of a waste because they come so late and you're probably going to be at the point where you can steamroll everything.

Champion: BLUE. Even if his theme is in a weird place where the best version doesn't actually show up ingame.

Legendary:

I know. And personally, I felt that a lot of Hoenn's music was bland. The only theme I really like is Route 10 (also shows up on that route just past Fallarbor Town).

Okay, that's... fine? I don't really care if you don't like Hoenn's music ~o3o~

Probably Hoenn, I just feel that it was the most thematic. As much as I like the nostalgia of gens 1 and 2, the beepity boop isn't quite the same. Although I did enjoy B/W2's soundtrack, outside of battle at least.

I liked Hoenn and Sinnoh the best overall. Cyrus's battle theme is one of my favorites in the series. Also, I clicked Brendan and May for rival battle just before I remembered how incredible Silver's theme was.

And I said "past" Fallarbor Town, so the route on the way to Meteor Falls. :P

Depending on which direction you come from, either way can be past...that's why I got confused.

Speaking of, could you separate BW!Plasma from BW2!Plasma in the poll?

I wasn't aware that song changed that much in BW2.

Edited by Dragoncat

Trainer Battle Theme: Voted Hoenn, but they're all kind of equal for me except Sinnoh's, which I found annoyingly repetitive.

Evil Team: Plasma (BW, not BW2) is my favorite, though I also like Galactic, Magma/Aqua, and Flare.

Rival Battle: Silver, no contest.

Gym Battle: Kanto 2, though most of these are pretty good.

Champion: Cynthia, though I like all of them except for Alder and Iris.

In other news, Ana loves Sinnoh and hates Hoenn for the 2,539 time. What a surprise.

the hoenn ost doesn't mean much to me, bar the trainer theme and R/S/E's boss theme against archie/max. sinnoh and johto are my favorites in general; i like about all the songs for those regions. kanto is okay. i want the osts of unova (actually the legendary battle is okay but that's it) and kalos to burn for eternity.

the battle revolution music is amazing as well.

Rival: The best rival theme isn't even an option! In all seriousness, Hugh's is a gem, considering the rest of his game. and somehow i forgot that silver had his own battle theme

I totally forgot about Hugh's! It's easily second best to me, although Silver's is pretty hard to top.

B2/W2 should probably have their own entries across the poll though, the tracks are different enough to warrant it.

Try the music arrangements of the video game soundtrack heard in the anime adaptation of Pokemon. The Pokemon anime may not be the best in terms of writing, but the music is really good!

[spoiler=Some anime music]

One arrangement of the Kanto Trainer Battle theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZrdWpWqVpQ

Arrangement of the Johto Rival Encounter theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtfMvxn7q7k

Arrangement of the Hoenn Elite Four Battle theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMzo2yENYaQ

Arrangement of the Sinnoh Gym Leader Battle theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8sND7tAyoU

Edited by Roflolxp54

Trainer: Kalos

Team: Plasma

Rival: Silver

Gym: Kanto/Kalos

My choices were pretty clear cut, with the exception of the gym music. For trainer battle music, I briefly considered both Kanto and Unova, but the Kalos battle music manages to both evoke past games while simultaneously creating a fairly unique guitar/orchestra sound. I love it. The vastly improved synths help a lot too. Not much to say on Team Plasma music other than that I love it. It also helps that the original Team Plasma is by and away my favorite evil team. Silver's theme is pretty universally lauded as the most intense rival music, so it's an easy pick. That said, as far as the more peppy rival themes go, Kalos all the way. I just happen to prefer the more serious rivals. With gym music, though, I really could decide. Both Kanto and Kalos have extremely distinctive and completely epic gym leader music. Picking is impossible for me. I put Kanto in the poll, but given all the love Kanto is getting, I'm tempted to switch my vote to Kalos.

However I would also like to give commendation to one song not on the poll:

Edited by Ragnell

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always felt that Kalos's music in general really went way back to the roots with Kanto's music.

Overall:

Johto=Sinnoh>everything else equal

Sinnoh would've been on top if the battles didn't take so long to finish. Moves and status animations take a while to resolve, but the HP depletion animation takes forever. (The same could be said for HGSS, but at least selecting an action feels faster.)

• 4 weeks later...

BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS:

Trainer: Kalos

Gym leader: Kalos

E4: Kalos

Evil team: PLASMAAAAAA

Rival: Cheren/Bianca

Champion: Alder

BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS

Edited by Lord_Seliph

• 1 month later...

Trainer: Unova.( JUST GETS ME SO PUMMMMMMMMMPPPPEDD!!)

Gym Leader: Unova.( PUMPED UP!!!! Kalos is a close secodn though)

Evil team: Magma/Aqua. Plasma is pretty good though.

Rival: Silver. Cheren and Bianca is pretty good too.

Champion: Steven Stone. Diantha is a close second though.

Edited by The_Vernster

Trainer:Hoenn

Gym Leader:Sinnoh

Rival:Silver

E4:Hoenn

Champion:Steven/Wallace's or Cynthia's

Route Ten in Unova has the best route music imo.I was happy to find out you could play it in the house with the former Aqua and Magma grunts in B2W2.Also,the Smash remix makes it even better.

Trainer: Johto

Team: Plasma

Rival: Silver

Gym Leader: Johto

The poll should include more memorable songs, specifically the Champions' themes and Elite Four's. It was pretty difficult to remember some of the ones on the poll.

Champion: Lance / Red

Elite Four: Kalos

Hoenn is my favorite region, but it doesn't have any of my favorite music...