Do you have problems getting your mom presents?

EricaofRenais

So in the US this Sunday is Mother's day and my mom is the hardest person to shop for, she hate it when people give her cloths, she is allergic to flowers and she already buys herself really good chocolate and she hates make up and perfume. My dad and I finally decided to order her a mystery box with stuff for her hobby, but it won't come until the 15th and now I feel bad because all I have to give her Sunday is a card and an IOU. Do you have a hard time getting your mom stuff?

make her a card instead. for most mothers, getting a gift is super easy because the gift is usually just something you make.

my mother would assume I forgot to buy her something if I just made her a card

Usually, yes.

But this year my dad just came home one day with a huge box and said, "Here, this is for your mother from the three of you (myself and my siblings)." For the record, there's something in the box, but I don't actually remember what it is.

She also sent out a text saying she wanted Wii Fit, so for the first time probably in my entire life, I have more possibilities than I need.

But really my entire family is old enough these days that no one is easy to buy for.

Not just my mother, but my grandparents and nearly everyone else. Brother, not so hard since he's only 6 (nearer to 7) years younger than me.

Fucking hell he'll be 20 by the end of the year.

My mom isn't as hard as my dad to buy for. Mom drops mad hints on stuff she wants and is generally patient enough to wait for mother's day/her birthday/Christmas to get it. Dad on the other hand just buys what he wants online as soon as he decides he needs it. Then says "I don't know" whenever you ask him what he wants. I've ended up getting him a a gag gift and a Home Depot gift card for like the past 3 years.

Yes. My mom's favorite stoneware olive oil dispenser got a crack in it, and I spent four hours searching online for the exact same one and couldn't find it. I had to settle for getting her a similar one from Williams and Sonoma.

My mom is the easiest person because she always knows what she'd like to have and it's often very cheap. Some call it boring and not really a gift: but I just go up to her and ask her what she'd like. She gives me a few options and I'm off getting her something nice.

Last year she wanted a huge branch for her to hang decorations in. Yes, a branch as a gift. I can't complain though, she loved it and had so much fun deciding which decorations to put on it.