FE8 Route split & class changes

Attila

Okay, so what I've been thinking about for the past week is:in FE8, after the route splits, would it be possible to have certain characters (eg. Gerik as a Merc on Ephraim's path and a Myrm on Eirika's path) or would it fuck something up?

No, I am pretty sure it would not mess anything up, except the palettes (unless the merc and myrm have the same palette order/count).

To be honest, I'm making a private hack, in which all players normally dont play with battle sprites on anyways, so it shouldn't be that much of a bother

Plus, i seem to remember reading that fe8 has a safegaurd wherein a character who is in a class for which they have no defined pallet will just use that classe's default.

It doesn't mess anything up. All you have to do is change them when they first appear on the map, and they'll be that class for the rest of the game. The game really doesn't care, and palettes are not a problem. It'll just load a generic blue palette.