Lunchwere's Art Dump

Lunchwere

Heyo! I decided I might as well share some art of mine here. By the way, I spent much of my childhood and life in general drawing feral animals/beasts, so I'm fairly new to humanoid characters. I would especially appreciate critique on my humans, and how to improve them. Thanks in advance for checking out my art! :D (And apologies for those massive sizes, I tend to work on huuuge canvases! Do say if I should shrink 'em a bit.)

[spoiler=some MU art]vtBMlNg.jpg?1

Old (2 or so months old?) Oh boy that hair shading lol

[spoiler=some newer art of hinoka]cdx2Vij.jpg?1

Actually only a few weeks old or something? I know there are a lot of armor details missing, I did get lazy haha. I'm pretty happy with it overall, though!

[spoiler=nowi and yarne]megDOdZ.jpg?1

My first drawing of 2015! I fell in love with the Manaketes in FEA, especially since I'm more comfortable drawing animal characters! I can spot some anatomy issues in here, but that's what comes with old art. ^^' I still like the colors and brightness, though!

DdbWZtQ.jpg?1

Did this sometime in December 2014 I think... There's a lot to be improved on, but Taguels are just fun anyways :'D

[spoiler=lucario in robin's clothing]C4GMUlx.jpg?1

Something for someone on deviantArt. I really liked how this one came out, but Robin's outfit can be such a pain. qAq

[spoiler=chrom B)]ZmOZgb5.jpg?1

Definitely could be improved on anatomy-wise, but this is just for fun~ Something I did for a friend in deviantArt; he asked for Chrom with some Nopons from Xenoblade. I didn't feel like drawing armor, so I went with the Summer Scramble "outfit". lmao

I'm looking to practice some more head shapes and characters, so if anyone has an MU or character they'd like sketched, I might take your request up! ^^ Thanks for looking.

My goodness, your style is adorable! I really like the way your coloring looks too, it's a very aesthetically pleasing style. Honestly, your art brings a huge smile to my face, it's all so warm and welcoming.

As for some critique, I must say that your humanoid poses do seem a bit too static and rigid, but that's not really as much of an issue so much as it is a skill that is acquired with practice. Chrom's arm and hand are a prime example of the rigidity, so perhaps utilizing references for the way the pose works would help! I'm no expert on maintaining fluidity of poses myself, but that's often one way of remedying the issue! I also noticed that Chrom and Hinoka's noses seem to be in more of a profile view than the rest of their features. This may or may not be a stylistic choice of yours, and it's not really all that glaring of an issue, it just sticks out to me for some reason.

Aside from those two things, which again are relatively minor things, your humanoids are pretty damn good!

I can't wait to see more of your works~ ouo

Don't feel bad, I'm much better at animals too!

But you seem to be mastering digital coloring. That's something I struggle with...heck, I still struggle with a lot of things artwise, actually.

My goodness, your style is adorable! I really like the way your coloring looks too, it's a very aesthetically pleasing style. Honestly, your art brings a huge smile to my face, it's all so warm and welcoming.

As for some critique, I must say that your humanoid poses do seem a bit too static and rigid, but that's not really as much of an issue so much as it is a skill that is acquired with practice. Chrom's arm and hand are a prime example of the rigidity, so perhaps utilizing references for the way the pose works would help! I'm no expert on maintaining fluidity of poses myself, but that's often one way of remedying the issue! I also noticed that Chrom and Hinoka's noses seem to be in more of a profile view than the rest of their features. This may or may not be a stylistic choice of yours, and it's not really all that glaring of an issue, it just sticks out to me for some reason.

Aside from those two things, which again are relatively minor things, your humanoids are pretty damn good!

I can't wait to see more of your works~ ouo

Thank you so much! And yep, I get what you mean with the poses and such! Thank you for the pointers, I'll keep them in mind next time. :)

Don't feel bad, I'm much better at animals too!

But you seem to be mastering digital coloring. That's something I struggle with...heck, I still struggle with a lot of things artwise, actually.

aa Thank youu!! Honestly I can't work with traditional at all due to drawing digitally so long lol. Everyone struggles with something :'0