Affinity, Weapon Level, and Mounted Icon Palettes

Attila

After realizing I may make an FE7 hack, I thought it may be a cool idea to change the Affinity and Weapon Level Icons. One problem, when I go to GBAGE, and go to the offset they're at, type in the pallete, and put said sheet into the game, the image is fucked up. What is the offset for the correct palette for the Weapon level Icons?

When you said you inserted the sheet into the game, did you make edits for the affinity and weapon level icons on said sheet with the right palette colours? And what do you mean that the image is messed up? Do you mean that it looks glitchy in the game, or is the palette all wrong? You need to be specific to make it easier to help you out. List out all the steps that you did as well, that's also helpful.

I believe the palette for the weapon level icons are the same as the weapon icons. It should be in the ultimate tutorial somewhere. Most likely in the section where it teaches you how to edit weapon icons.

I recently had to do this, so it's fresh in my mind.

Wlvl/affinity icons do use the same palette as weapon icons, but a different index. When you open it in GBAGE, look at the "palette index" field in the palette control window and switch it to 1. This will display the weapon level/affinity icons correctly (but not the weapon icons). However, you should dump the image with the index still on 0, open it in Usenti and hit the button that says "16" on it, and click in the second row of colors (which corresponds to index 1) on the palette so the red dot is there and the image uses those 16 colors. Edit the icons how you want, switch back to the first row of colors, and save and insert.

This is the same reason why if you insert map/battle sprites, you insert them with the player/blue palette showing by default: the other palettes are indexes.

Edited by Alusq