Binding Blade Localization

The main difference between FE6 and Mother 1 is that Nintendo already had a Mother 1 script written, but the game wasn't localized. The eShop version uses that script. For FE6 they will have to localize an entire script.

Even if they have to spend some money localizing a script, localizing FE6 (or in Japan's case, releasing it on VC) could be a way to test the waters for a full-blown FE6 remake. If only because of the ad campaign that is Smash.

Even if they have to spend some money localizing a script, localizing FE6 (or in Japan's case, releasing it on VC) could be a way to test the waters for a full-blown FE6 remake. If only because of the ad campaign that is Smash.

If you ask me, it'd be far more likely that they'd remake it and localize the remake than localize it on VC.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd like a remake instead of a localization, personally. But this is Nintendo; they'd squeeze money from a rock. There was the Nintendo DSi, and the New 3DS; they could do something similar by localizing FE6, give it some time, and then make more money from localizing a full-blown remake of FE6.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd like a remake instead of a localization, personally. But this is Nintendo; they'd squeeze money from a rock. There was the Nintendo DSi, and the New 3DS; they could do something similar by localizing FE6, give it some time, and then make more money from localizing a full-blown remake of FE6.

I suppose you have a point. Though this assumes that they actually localize FE6, which I'm not exactly holding my breath on.

• 2 weeks later...

The main difference between FE6 and Mother 1 is that Nintendo already had a Mother 1 script written, but the game wasn't localized. The eShop version uses that script. For FE6 they will have to localize an entire script.

Ah. That, I did not know. My original reasoning was that both games have huge amounts of text, but that seems irrelevant now to the amount of work put into the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a possibility. But the chance right now is 50-50.

So far, all of the Fire Emblem titles, except for Binding Blade have been released on the Wii U Virtual Console.

But Binding Blade has not been released on the VC in Japan. Yet FE7 and FE Sacred Stones have been released there so far.

But then again that information came from a Fire Emblem Wikia. So take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Mace

I do believe that Binding Blade is translated on copies going under the name of 'Sword of Seals' and 'Sword of Souls'. They aren't perfect translations, but they appear to be mostly translated.