Transfer Choices

Tessei

Hello. I'm finally on the last chapter of my transfer replay. I now have a few choices regarding who transfers over with capped HP/higher WExp, and wanted some other opinions on who I should choose.

The following have/will have lvl20 by the end of Endgame: Ike, Boyd, Mist, Soren, Ilyana, Mia, Nephenee, Jill, Gatrie, Shinon, Haar. Nasir is a possibility depending on how much extra Exp is available, but there is only 1 each of STR, MAG, SKL, and SPD (from Bryce?) that would be available to him for capping stats, so I might just use the enemies for WExp instead.

The following characters have 53-59 HP, and can thus reach the HP cap of 60:

(This was a Normal Mode playthrough to maximize exp, and thus I only have 2 Seraph Robes)

Mist -- First choice; since she will have lower stats than everyone else, I thought it would be most useful on her. I don't know much about the playthough of RD though, so not sure if this would be viable.

Jill -- 2nd choice; in an attempt to help Dawn Brigade, and I'm told she starts at a low lvl in RD? Not sure how close her HP is to cap in RD when you get her.

Nephenee -- 3rd choice; would help part 2, not sure how much she needs it over the others though. Am not aware what level you would get her at.

Haar -- 4th choice; I actually had enough BExp left over on the last chapter to take either Haar, Bastian, Lucia or Geoffrey from base > cap. I chose Haar because he has the best chance of being used in RD of those 4. As such, I'm told he starts pretty strong in RD, so I think he'd benefit the least from +5 hp?

The following have non-capped Weapons that could benefit from a weapon scroll (according to the post in the RD section, secondary weapons like Soren/Ilyana's staff or Boyd's Bow have 0 effect on RD at any point in the game/promotions, so I am leaving them out):

I have 2 scrolls, I'm not aware of any other scrolls in the game. Unless an Endgame mob has third?

Mist: Sword C

I didn't know she transferred over a sword skill, but the info here says it does. If she really does transfer over swd stats, this'll be a big help, since I spend most of my exp with her curing as to not take CExp from others. Therefor she rarely gets swd exp. Would consider using both on her.

Ilyana Thunder A

Anything to help Dawn Brigade? Also want to make sure she reaches SS before her curing stages, since once she gets staves she'll probably not be attacking anyone.

Soren: Wind A

I'm told he starts out at a low level in RD, so maybe A is enough to get him to SS by the end? I don't know how Wexp calculates in RD. Same with Ilyana, want to reach SS before his curing stages.

Jill Axe B

I didn't know she started w/o a Lance in RD, so I played with the lance alot in PoR, getting it to A. Missed a lot of WExp for the axe. Same with Ilyana, maybe it's better for DB to give it to her?

Haar Axe B, Lance B

Never used him before, so it's his base stats. According to this site he starts with As in RD, so there doesn't seem to be a reason to give them to him.

I'm still a bit unclear on how WExp transfers over; something about 40 for C, 80 for B, 120 for A and 160 for S? Does this only count for those that reached lvl20 promoted, or is this for everyone? Will my lvl10 Tanith get extra sword skill simply because her sword is C or above? I'm assuming since Haar has Bs in in his weapons, when I get him in RD he will have A+80?

Just about everything else useful has already been capped. Ike, Boyd, Gatrie capped HP, Mist, Soren, Ilyana capped magic, and all 11 of them capped str,skl,spd,def,res, with the exception of Gatrie who didn't cap res. No, it wasn't extreme RNG blessing, I just have a very "tight" playstyle; I ended basically every chapter with every character @90ish exp, so I could Bexp abuse the stats every base camp to cap what I wanted. I was very careful of who killed what, and how much exp each attack/kill would give to insure everyone could use the base Bexp evey chapter. To those who are curious, yes it takes a long time for some characters to get all the stats I wanted; I typically spent ~90 min on Soren alone at every base camp chapter 18+ making sure he got the str/def + other stats it would require. I'm sort of a perfectionist that way I guess, which is why I want to make sure I get the most out of these 2 seraph robes and 2 weapon scrolls as I can. I intend to follow a similar pattern in RD. If anyone has some suggestions on who to give the robe/scrolls to it would be much appreciated, thank you.

wow, i salute you. i couldnt get some of those stats capped for some of my units.... wow

anyway, weapon levels will tranfer even if they're not at 20/20 so dont worry about that.

for the arm scrolls, give em both to mists sword, cuz Ilyana only starts out with thunder and with an A in thunder to transfer, it'll get up to S b4 she promotes cuz thats all she can use, and its the same with Jill's axe, Soren will be very close to S in wind then u can focus on his fire and thunder, Haar will be close, if not will cap both lances and axes

OR you can give both of them to Soren's thunder or fire (preferrably fire) cuz Soren has a lot of weapon levels to get and at least he can get some transferred over, unlike Ilyana (fire and wind dont transfer cuz shes not promoted)

Bryce has a speedwing that he'll drop if u need to use it

choose Naesala for the final chapter cuz he comes with a coin and that will transfer

and for the Seraph robes, give them to Mist and Jill, cuz they'll need the extra HP the most

and just a suggestion for if u do this again, Sothe is not a bad choice cuz his stats transfer DIRECTLY, so u can cap his HP, Def, and Res, right when u get him (keep in mind that u only need to get his res to 15 cuz thats his cap in RD as a Rouge)

yeah i also got everyone close to a level at the end of a chapter and abused their level ups. Though chapter 17 was not easy to do that...

ive done two of these playthroughs to transfer data so i know how long it takes get those stats

choose Naesala for the final chapter cuz he comes with a coin and that will transfer

As a reminder, Naesala's coin won't really be transferred unless it's in your FE9 convoy. The only way to do that is to load items onto him and have him kill Bryce, then choose to send the coin to the convoy.

Otherwise, Giffca starts with his Strength capped.

Basically, for laguz, it'll be near impossible to cap anything. So don't use them unless your planning on BEXP abuse and giving them items.

As a reminder, Naesala's coin won't really be transferred unless it's in your FE9 convoy. The only way to do that is to load items onto him and have him kill Bryce, then choose to send the coin to the convoy.

Basically, for laguz, it'll be near impossible to cap anything. So don't use them unless your planning on BEXP abuse and giving them items.

when i got Naesala he was holding a coin

Coins

Any Coins collected in FE9 will appear in Ike's convoy at the beginning of Part 3.

Coins aren't for collecting, so don't fret if you sold them the first time. Instead they are used to give random bonuses to forged weapons.

Thank you for the input, and the add'l weapon transfer information.

Is it wise to level Soren's Fire/Thunder? I assumed he would just be using Wind spells the whole time, since Wind is no longer the "weak" spell in this game. Also, does a person's promotion level prohibit what level skill they can get? For example, can a (element) mage get SS? Or are they stopped at A/S? What about (element) Sage? I'm currently leaning towards Mist taking both scrolls, since I assume she wont have a lot of chances to get WExp in RD. If Soren will need those extra Fire/Thunder levels for some reason though, then I am considering giving them to him.

Actually, if I'm reading the "max stats" page on serenesforest correctly, a mage stops at A, and a Sage at S. Also, Mist's Cleric rank stops at A in swords. Which I think means if I get her to A in POR, then all I'd need would be a few sword swings in RD to take her to A cap there.

I understand that transferring isn't "needed" for anything, but I like to cap things, even if they aren't really needed; ie. a mage's str, etc. It gives me a sense of completion, and at the very least means my POR playthough had some merit to it.

Nasir doesn't look like he can cap anything at all.

I considered Sothe since I could have either taken him or Haar (I think, I'm not sure exactly how much exp he needed to go from 1-20, but I think it was enough that I would have needed to remove Blossom to do it). I still have a save data from before capping Haar, so I could always redo it and take Sothe to cap instead of Haar. However, I was under the impression that it wouldn't help much, since he already comes capped in some stats (SKL,SPD). Most I could do would be +4hp, +2str, +6def, +6res, and some luck that I basically ignore when I Bexp, since it takes long enough when I Bexp just getting the other stats. However, if I did this it basically means Sothe wouldn't get many stats at all as he lvl'ed, since RD Rogue caps aren't much better than POR Thief caps, except in SKL/SPD which are already going to be 20 whether I transfer or not.

I'm not really into using Royals, so I'm not expecting this to change for RD. Probably since you can't use them throughout the rest of the game, so it's hard to get attached to them. I'm hoping that since coins are supposed to be set which card they give, maybe Naesala's is set to be really good since it's his coin.

Yes, chapter 17 was quite notorious; I think that's what forced me to abandon Gatrie's chances of capping res. I would leave everyone close to 90s at the end of each part, then level them early in the next part, resetting if it didn't go the way I wanted. I had to greatly lower my expectations since I couldn't save after each character. I think I restarted part4 over 20 times.

Thank you for the input, and the add'l weapon transfer information.

Is it wise to level Soren's Fire/Thunder? I assumed he would just be using Wind spells the whole time, since Wind is no longer the "weak" spell in this game. Also, does a person's promotion level prohibit what level skill they can get? For example, can a (element) mage get SS? Or are they stopped at A/S? What about (element) Sage? I'm currently leaning towards Mist taking both scrolls, since I assume she wont have a lot of chances to get WExp in RD. If Soren will need those extra Fire/Thunder levels for some reason though, then I am considering giving them to him.

Actually, if I'm reading the "max stats" page on serenesforest correctly, a mage stops at A, and a Sage at S. Also, Mist's Cleric rank stops at A in swords. Which I think means if I get her to A in POR, then all I'd need would be a few sword swings in RD to take her to A cap there.

I understand that transferring isn't "needed" for anything, but I like to cap things, even if they aren't really needed; ie. a mage's str, etc. It gives me a sense of completion, and at the very least means my POR playthough had some merit to it.

Nasir doesn't look like he can cap anything at all.

I considered Sothe since I could have either taken him or Haar (I think, I'm not sure exactly how much exp he needed to go from 1-20, but I think it was enough that I would have needed to remove Blossom to do it). I still have a save data from before capping Haar, so I could always redo it and take Sothe to cap instead of Haar. However, I was under the impression that it wouldn't help much, since he already comes capped in some stats (SKL,SPD). Most I could do would be +4hp, +2str, +6def, +6res, and some luck that I basically ignore when I Bexp, since it takes long enough when I Bexp just getting the other stats. However, if I did this it basically means Sothe wouldn't get many stats at all as he lvl'ed, since RD Rogue caps aren't much better than POR Thief caps, except in SKL/SPD which are already going to be 20 whether I transfer or not.

I'm not really into using Royals, so I'm not expecting this to change for RD. Probably since you can't use them throughout the rest of the game, so it's hard to get attached to them. I'm hoping that since coins are supposed to be set which card they give, maybe Naesala's is set to be really good since it's his coin.

Yes, chapter 17 was quite notorious; I think that's what forced me to abandon Gatrie's chances of capping res. I would leave everyone close to 90s at the end of each part, then level them early in the next part, resetting if it didn't go the way I wanted. I had to greatly lower my expectations since I couldn't save after each character. I think I restarted part4 over 20 times.

I would get soren's fire and thunder up just cuz i like using stronger fire and thunder on beasts and dragons (especially dragons cuz of part 4 engame: part 3), and cuz thunder has a good crit. chance and fire is strong. Plus, like u said, u like to have a sense of perfection and if u want to cap all of soren's stats (even staves when he promotes) it would be good to transfer over a fire or thunder, but if u want to give them to mist, u can just slap a discipline skill on soren for a long time and he'll eventually get there

for mist i think she starts with a C level in swords so transferring over a C would get her up a bit in that level, but an A would really boost her up there, cuz i personally like using her for healing cuz she usually cant do much damage to enemies with her florete

Yeah, statistically, Thunder gets screwed in FE10. Wind gets pumped up and Fire stays good.

But when it comes to type-matching, you'll be seeing the most of dragon riders, so Thunder is actually a pretty good choice. Beasts and non-dragon flyers aren't as common, but Fire and Wind should be trained up too since they're that much better than Thunder.

I just assumed my mages wouldn't be getting more than 1 element past an A ranking, or even a C/B ranking for that matter. If it's anything like POR, once my mages get to staves they rarely cast from tomes anymore; takes away CExp from my others, and it's easier to get a mage to 98/99 exp if all they use is a staff. I like to cap things, but if I can't cap them I don't bother with them. Like luck, or magic for a melee; I think Boyd ended with 3 MGC? I'm of course assuming Thoron/Rexbolt will have a higher dmg than ElWind/ElFire, which may or may not be correct.

Something else I've been wondering about; what exactly is "blessing", when does it happen, what are the requirements, and who can do it? All I've been able to glean are bits and pieces, and there is no section in the main page that talks about it that I can find.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think blessing is when a heron (raphiel, reyson, leanne) is next to a unit missing hp, it will recover their hp equal to their magic on the next player phase

and capping stats and weapon levels are not like in PoR. It is possible to cap every stat and weapon level even with magic users. The good thing about staves is that if u use a stave, it will get equipped (not the next weapon below it) and that magic user will retalliate with it and they will gain weapon levels. So if u just put a magic user with a good amount of res in front of a magic boss, they will attack your magic user and IF they even damage you, you will recover some hp on the next turn, and staves dont do much damage when you attack with them, so its unlikely the boss will die in a few turns

And you get two discipline scrolls to help u out with weapon levels

And every magic type has an A weapon, an S weapon, and an SS weapon, so it's good to get Soren and Ilyana up so they can use stronger attacks against stronger enemies. And i'm pretty sure Thoron is stronger than Elwind/fire. I know Rexbolt is. That move is fuckin POWERFULL. Especially on all those damn dragons

Sorry, by blessing I mean when you bless a weapon. All I've been able to discern is you bless a weapon, it never runs out, and it's 1 per character, but 1 character can hold more than 1 blessed weapon. I don' know anything else about requirements, limitations, restrictions, who/how many can do it, etc.

I'm actually not liking the whole "equip a staff" thing, because it means I can't use a staff on one round, but counter-attack with my tomes/sword on the enemies turn. That's what I liked about POR, was that Mist/Soren/Ilyana could be on the front lines while healing, but still kill anything that attacked them, thus giving them WExp, and more versatility.

In POR, I think an ElThunder was stronger than the A-ranked Tornado? 7 vs 6 or something like that. Also, a forged Thunder was stronger than Blizzard @ 9 vs 8. Wasn't sure if the same happened in RD, since it seems Thunder took the place of Wind, while Wind moved up to Fire's power, and Fire took over the top spot from Thunder.

Sorry, by blessing I mean when you bless a weapon. All I've been able to discern is you bless a weapon, it never runs out, and it's 1 per character, but 1 character can hold more than 1 blessed weapon. I don' know anything else about requirements, limitations, restrictions, who/how many can do it, etc.

Right before you take on chapter 4-endgame-3 everyone's equipped weapon gets blessed by Yune, with the exception of Ike, who will always get Ragnell blessed.

Everyone? Wow, that's kind of cool. So as long as I can get some other magic users to carry the long-range tomes beforehand (Callil/Bastian maybe), I should be able to bless both the long-range and Rex-tomes for Soren/Ilyana. I take it this means there be a time @ basecamp to move weapons around immediately before? Or is this blessing thing at the end of a chapter/before you get to basecamp?

Everyone? Wow, that's kind of cool. So as long as I can get some other magic users to carry the long-range tomes beforehand (Callil/Bastian maybe), I should be able to bless both the long-range and Rex-tomes for Soren/Ilyana. I take it this means there be a time @ basecamp to move weapons around immediately before? Or is this blessing thing at the end of a chapter/before you get to basecamp?

Yes, you have a time at the base to prepare, but it is in the final chapter so only the 16 you have with you (6 plus 10 of your choice) can get anything blessed.

Oh; this is after you choose your final team out of everyone? That kinda sucks, so it's not really "everyone", just everyone who can go into the final area. I don't know much about RD chapters yet, I'm planning on starting my game this weekend since my POR playthoguh is now finished.

oh. dont forget to steal the Discipline scroll from the cavalier on like the 3rd or 4th chapter (the one where u recruit Aran)

cuz i forgot about it this last game.... and its helpful