Help an FE4 noob! End of chapter 3

Book Bro

So I've been playing Genealogy for the first time, very slowly due to reasons, but I've finally reached the end of chapter 3.

Now, I'm aware Quan, Ethlyn, and Finn will be leaving once I seize. I need some help as far as their inventory goes. This is what I was thinking:

-Quan keeps Gae Bolg, Return Ring (I heard Altenna makes good use of it but doesn't she join really late? Should I really keep it with Quan?); sells his Silver Lance (who should take it?)

-Ethlyn keeps the Light Sword, Pursuit Ring; sells her staves so Adean or Raquesis can take them. Should I give her the Thunder Sword instead?

-Finn is a tricky situation, I'm trying to pair him with Raquesis but they haven't fallen in love and I'm 25+ turns into chapter 3. Regardless I don't think he passes down any weapons, but what should I do with his Brave Lance? Also is it likely I've screwed myself out of this pairing? ;/

Thanks for any tips!!

I keep the Silver lance with Quan so that Altenna can get it. Altenna only needs the Return ring during endgame, so having her keep it isn't a huge issue because she earns money pretty easily.

If possible, I'd give the Armorslayer to Ethlin too. The Thunder sword is basically the same as the light sword.

Definitely give the Brave Lance to Fury so that she can pass it down to Fee. I'd also try to have Fin promoted in order to make your life in chapter 7 easier.

Edited by momogeek2141

I keep the Silver lance with Quan so that Altenna can get it. Altenna only needs the Return ring during endgame, so having her keep it isn't a huge issue because she earns money pretty easily.

Would you suggest giving it to someone else then instead of keeping it with Quan, and then just have Altenna but it back when she johns? Tbh I've been using Warp much more than Return so I dunno how useful having the ring around will be.

If possible, I'd give the Armorslayer to Ethlin too. The Thunder sword is basically the same as the light sword.

Definitely give the Brave Lance to Fury so that she can pass it down to Fee. I'd also try to have Fin promoted in order to make your life in chapter 7 easier.

Will do, thanks for your advice! And yeah, Finn promoted a while back and has been the MVP ever since. Dreading not having him and Ethlyn around.

Leave Cuan with nothing. Altenna doesn't need any inheritance/money. Fin can take the Silver Lance since he's promoted, might as well get items as early as possible. If Fin ends up falling in love with Lachesis, you still get the Silver Lances earlier if you don't pass it down anyway.

You could toss a silver sword on Ethlin too, and maybe a defence/speed ring. Leaf likes either one of them.

Unpaired Fin can take a bunch of lances (spare steels, javelins, irons, silvers) to sell and just get earlier in the generation. Like said earlier, it's better to pass down the Hero Lance to Fee via Fury. You could just load her storage with all the lances too instead of Fin, since Fin doesn't really need money.

I'll probably give the Silver Lance to Finn then, are his items in the second generation different depending on if he has a partner or not?

If he's paired (or has no items) he starts with an iron lance. He keeps all his items if he's unpaired. He'll have the iron lance regardless, so whatever item is in the last item slot will go to his storage.

Edited by General Horace

All right, thanks for the info, I'm still hoping he and Raquesis get enough points from what remains of the chapter. The fortune teller lists him for Raquesis, but Tiltyu for Finn...

Oh boy. That's not good news. As long as you seized Silvail after turn 29 or something, Fin won't fall in love with Tiltyu unless they're stuck together. Although I'd be worried for Lachesis. What stage is Fin at for Lachesis? (likes, loves, etc)

I think Silvail was done much earlier than that :(

Both Finn and Raquesis say they're fond of Tiltyu/Finn respectively. Not sure how to check his feelings towards Raquesis... I kept them together most of this chapter (and by that I mean they ended turns separately maybe once or twice). They weren't together during chapter 2 for the most part.

Edit: I still have a save file from turn 11 before seizing Silvail... Worst case scenario maybe I'll just load it back up >_< At least the rest of the chapter after that point is pretty straightforward

Edited by Book Bro

Yeah, you might want to do that, grind up some love between Lachesis and Fin, and then seize. Tiltyu and Briggid fall in love with Fin REALLY fast, so you probably are better off preventing it by seizing on turn 29.

Also, just for the future, start grinding your pairings in chapter two, unless it's Aideen, in which case you might want to start in chapter one if her lover is to be Jamka, Midir, or Azel.

Yeah I saw when I looked it up after Finn was liking Tiltyu despite being completely on the other side of the map from her haha. Do you think I should wait even longer than turn 29? Since they didn't get many points in chapter 2, iirc. Is it even possible to get them enough points now? Unfortunately I can't remember the details of ch2 since I did it quite a while ago.

Good to know about grinding pairs early. I'm hoping the rest of my plans will work out! Most of them seem to list the right partners in the fortune teller.

Augh... Not looking forward to doing all this again D: I'll try going to turn 50 on my current save and if he still hasn't fallen in love with Raquesis I'll load the other one and hope for the best.

It's sort of cheating, but you can always use your emulator's action codes to insert lover codes if it's really necessary, rather than having to go back and play it all again.

Oh, the phone emulator, right? I don't think you can, sadly.

If you must, you can use Jealousy to have Fin and Lachesis get +10 points instead of +5. Just place Fin next to Tiltyu and Briggid (You're gonna have to move fast for this) and then place Lachesis also next to Tiltyu and Briggid, making a square formation like this:

LT

BF

Because of Jealousy, Lachesis will steal both Tiltyu and Briggid's love bonus, so Lachesis will get +12 per turn while Tiltyu and Briggid get only 10.

EDIT: Upon further reading, I realize that it only works if you haven't reset the game at all. If you have, you'll need to restart from that turn you mentioned.

Edited by momogeek2141

Welp, tried doing the jealousy thing from the turn I had saved just before ending the chapter, the good news is Finn didn't fall in love with Tiltyu! ...the bad news is he fell in love with Briggid D:

So gonna try starting again from the older save. -.- Wish me luck lol

In case it doesn't work I'm gonna keep this newer save too, is Finn/Briggid a decent pairing at least? I was originally gonna put her with Dew. Raquesis is interested in Dew now so maybe I can just swap my planned pairings for those four. XD Or try having her go with Beowulf.

Yeah the jealousy thing was doomed from the start because you probably reset. Fin Briggid is okay, the last thing her children need is luck. Prayer helps Patty kinda. Other than that...the good Briggid pairings have more benefits. Lachesis/Dew isn't good except for a funny conversation in chapter 5. Beowulf is a better option.

So I went back to my old file, and while Finn and Raquesis fell in love with each other this time they didn't get enough points to become lovers. I figure I screwed myself back in chapter 2 by not giving them enough points. :c Oh well, no biggie! I'm going to try getting her and Beowulf together instead. Apparently her falling in love with Finn and then doing Beowulf too is canon anyway. The good thing is as I redid the chapter I managed to get a bunch of other pairings secured, so it was worth it! Thanks again for the help everyone, now I can actually finish up the chapter.

• 1 month later...