And the fandom gets to work

Thane

Hi, I'm the artist here. And while I haven't replied to your permission ask, you've already posted it here. Please refrain of doing so.

But the main point why I even bother coming to here and reply is, there's a lot of comic / art in this thread that's reposted from artists on tumblr (presumably without permission) nor credit so please pay in mind next time. Source and credit properly (linking) where you find the arts, and ask for the original artists permission if they state so.

Don't be a jerk. It's hard to trace back original art to its source, especially given that it's the internet. If you want us to give credit, just ask.

Edited by dragonlordsd

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm the artist here. And while I haven't replied to your permission ask, you've already posted it here. Please refrain of doing so.

But the main point why I even bother coming to here and reply is, there's a lot of comic / art in this thread that's reposted from artists on tumblr (presumably without permission) nor credit so please pay in mind next time. Source and credit properly (linking) where you find the arts, and ask for the original artists permission if they state so.

Now, while I'm well aware that I should probably just let this drop, but I'm still quite confused why this matters when they aren't claiming they made it themselves. Your feelings of artistic integrity aside, I'm trying to look at this logically. If it's on the internet (especialy a site like tumblr) art will be reposted or available on google images or something unless you take several specific steps to hide it. I don't understand the point of uploading art you don't want redistributed/viewed.

Don't be a douche. It's hard to trace back original art to its source, especially given that it's the internet. If you want us to give credit, just ask.

You reallllly could have worded that better. Might wanna edit that out.

You reallllly could have worded that better. Might wanna edit that out.

Too late, you already quoted it :p

Don't be a douche. It's hard to trace back original art to its source, especially given that it's the internet. If you want us to give credit, just ask.

Also, they never traced to the original artist, they knew who it was they credited rea-iam, they just posted it before permission was given, from my understanding, at least..

Edited by L95

There's quite a bit of not sourcing your art properly here in general. I believe my comic was posted on the first page and while I don't really mind people posting my silly fanart comics, please link back to the original post kthnx

I mean there's a reason why I linked my art blog in my signature

are you kidding me

Reverse Image Search exists

I believe there's another one out there I don't quite remember the top of my head but it's there

It's not that hard to source these days

I see a bunch of them with even their tumblr urls right in the work is it that hard to just put a link back

Just remember to properly source next time.

ANYWAY I might as well toss in some Rinkas (one of them featuring Elfie)

My work, etc.

http://cuniculosus.tumblr.com/post/120314700766/more-rinka-hype-o-took-some-liberties-on-the

http://cuniculosus.tumblr.com/post/120169164666/fe14-hype-o-loving-rinka-and-elfie-boobplate

Just remember to properly source next time.

ANYWAY I might as well toss in some Rinkas (one of them featuring Elfie)

My work, etc.

http://cuniculosus.tumblr.com/post/120314700766/more-rinka-hype-o-took-some-liberties-on-the

http://cuniculosus.tumblr.com/post/120169164666/fe14-hype-o-loving-rinka-and-elfie-boobplate

Done. I've also updated the OP to ask everyone to do the same.

Great work, by the way.

I drew a couple of If drawings a while back. There's one that I think is okay, which I'll link in a second. :)

Edit: Here's the doodle that I was talking about, if you're interested. :)

post-5132-0-09101700-1433610333_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fantasia