Fox Boy

dragonlordsd

So, as usual, I can't understand any of the text from the Famitsu leak, and I'm curious about the fox boy.

First, is he a fox taguel/laguz?

If so, does he transform? If not, what is his class?

Is he confirmed to be Hoshido specific? If so, do the Nohrians have their own animals? That would be interesting, if each side had their own unique animals.

He looks cool. And Kitsunes are pretty big in Japanese lore, so its not a huge surprise.

Also the thread title reminded me of Eggmans line to Tails in Sonic Adventure 2 lol.

I'm a fan of foxes, so needless to say I like his design. Given the traditions behind foxes in Japanese mythology, I'm holding out hope that he'll be a Magic-oriented shapeshifter (yeah, yeah, I know Nasir was as well in Radiant Dawn, for all of two maps where you mainly used him for support anyway).

If he does use a stone of some type, then I wonder how ranking will work for him? We saw that Kamui's dragonstone had ranks, and I've wondered how that'll work as well, but do you think that the higher the rank, the better the bonuses the stones give or will the allow the user to transform into a bigger better version of a dragon, fox, octopus, etc.?

It might be a case of different but not automatically better bonuses. Like, the basic rank E stone will let you transform and give you basic stat boosts, while the D rank might let you hit harder but doesn't give as much def, while C rank will make you near impervious to damage but you'll barely hurt them, etc etc.

Not sure if the different stones would have different character models to go with them, but it'd be cool if they did.

Edited by capmalachi

I know this is a very VERY out there theory but I hope he has a connection to Xane somehow. If this new fox character really is a shapeshifter, and if this game is set in the same world as Akaneia/Valentia(which is why Severa/Luna is in the game), maybe it could explain why Xane can shapeshift. Maybe Xane is part Yokou and part Manakete, and that's the reason he has both powers but lacks the fox ears.

I dunno. I just really want Xane... I was disappointed that he wasn't in Awakening...

Edited by Jagen

I know this is a very VERY out there theory but I hope he has a connection to Xane somehow. If this new fox character really is a shapeshifter, and if this game is set in the same world as Akaneia/Valentia(which is why Severa/Luna is in the game), maybe it could explain why Xane can shapeshift. Maybe Xane is part Yokou and part Manakete, and that's the reason he has both powers but lacks the fox ears.

I dunno. I just really want Xane... I was disappointed that he wasn't in Awakening...

I was actually thinking the same thing! Not that he was connected to Xane, but that his class would work similar to Chameleon at least..

What I think would be interesting is a mage-type shapeshifter with various abilities including possible debuffs. (Ankle bite - minus two movement for foot units and minus four for mounted maybe?)

I seem to recall certain types of dragon laguz hitting resistance but I'm not entirely sure. I do remember manaketes usually hitting defense though, right?