Teach Me How to Ike!

Maou

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-tilt to B-air is something I don't see many Ikes use. It's difficult to pull off consistently, but it's something worth considering as it true combos earlier than D-tilt to F-air. I also think we should utilize the auto-cancel properties of Quick Draw more outside of recovery purposes.

Here is a video I made today that illustrates the above points. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81h5jo1lqnc

Edited by Xuan Wu

D-tilt to B-air is something I don't see many Ikes use. It's difficult to pull off consistently, but it's something worth considering as it true combos earlier than D-tilt to F-air. I also think we should utilize the auto-cancel properties of Quick Draw more outside of recovery purposes.

Here is a video I made today that illustrates the above points. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81h5jo1lqnc

Those look pretty cool and clever, but very situational. I'm unable to tell if you can DI a little to avoid getting stringed into the grabs or more of those combo's. Your opponent must be low percentage and you need low rage. The Quick Draw ones could possibly go wrong by your opponent Shielding and it's probably better to just grab.

Those look pretty cool and clever, but very situational. I'm unable to tell if you can DI a little to avoid getting stringed into the grabs or more of those combo's. Your opponent must be low percentage and you need low rage. The Quick Draw ones could possibly go wrong by your opponent Shielding and it's probably better to just grab.

You make a good point. I think you might be safe when N-air is spaced from max distance; it also helps that its landing lag was reduced by 3 frames as of 1.0.8. As for Quick Draw, you could also auto-cancel it into a grab, though it stops all momentum, preventing the slide.

You're definitely right that it's better to go for Grabs and Throw combos, in most cases. Still, these could be feasible as mix-ups, to some extent, as they are pretty much "great risk, great reward" type situations. ^-^

Edited by Xuan Wu