Aqua Betrays Kamui?

twice

Actually, yeah. I like Aqua but I'd love to see something to that effect. I've been wanting a villain-protagonist for some time.

EDIT: Oops, I thought you meant Kamui was the main antagonist or something. Wouldn't mind either one of them.

Edited by Draco

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, yeah. I like Aqua but I'd love to see something to that effect. I've been wanting a villain-protagonist for some time.

EDIT: Oops, I thought you meant Kamui was the main antagonist or something. Wouldn't mind either one of them.

Interesting, but I personally wouldn't really want to play as the villain of the game as I don't think it would work.

Dude do you really want to play as a villain protagonist that much? You do don't you?*sighs*

Honestly I'd prefer not to have Aqua turn out to be a villain. Especially since fire emblem games have a lot of replay value, and going through the story with the knowledge that one of your units is actually evil the whole time and there's nothing you can do about it would really annoy me. A token evil unit like Tharja is fine, but not an actual antagonist.

EDIT:

You're right. ShadowofChaos pretty much confirmed in this thread that Kamui can't fully control his dragon form.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54456&p=3808069

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. I think it's possible she intentionally angered Kamui to make Kamui transform in hopes of getting him to learn how to control his dragon form. Because she doesn't believe Kamui can win the war without accessing his dragon power. Him being afraid to use his transformation also explains why Kamui has dragonstones at lower levels but not on higher levels that we've seen.

Well, the idea of dragons losing control of themselves isn't anything new to the series, and having them lash out at loved ones in their moments of madness has certainly been done before... The execution however is what I'm more interested in, especially since (despite the obvious pain she's in), Aqua kept some composure and asked Kamui to return to their senses. I question if this is the first time Kamui loses control in their dragon form, or if Aqua has had experience with this in some other manner.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. I think it's possible she intentionally angered Kamui to make Kamui transform in hopes of getting him to learn how to control his dragon form. Because she doesn't believe Kamui can win the war without accessing his dragon power. Him being afraid to use his transformation also explains why Kamui has dragonstones at lower levels but not on higher levels that we've seen.

Of course, I can also get behind this. The partial transformations we've seen before might lend credence to it, as maybe Kamui rarely goes "full dragon" for that exact reason?

I think there are screenshots where Kamui can't use dragonstones so I think that's the scene where Kamui obtains his dragon powers. He probably can't control it at first or it goes while or something like that.

I honestly think her necklace has something to do with it.

Me too, I'm expected Aqua to have some kind of ability to eventually help you master your dragon form. Being the former princess of Nohr, it's also possible she might have the 2nd largest amount of dragonblood which somehow helps her "tame" Dragon Kamui.

Well, the idea of dragons losing control of themselves isn't anything new to the series, and having them lash out at loved ones in their moments of madness has certainly been done before... The execution however is what I'm more interested in, especially since (despite the obvious pain she's in), Aqua kept some composure and asked Kamui to return to their senses. I question if this is the first time Kamui loses control in their dragon form, or if Aqua has had experience with this in some other manner.

Of course, I can also get behind this. The partial transformations we've seen before might lend credence to it, as maybe Kamui rarely goes "full dragon" for that exact reason?

I don't think it's the first time. I remember one of the early videos shows a dragon holding Aqua while they both plunge underwater, which I believe someone speculated could have been the lake where Kamui and Aqua were seen talking at.

And I do think that would explain partial transformations. Either he doesn't trust himself to fully transform or maybe his transforming skills get sealed somehow and he can't.

You know, I'm actually really impressed by that scene; I know nothing about art or anything, but it really looks realistic the way Aqua reacts to getting a giant hoof on her throat.

Now that's an odd sentence. Still, the colors are great and I really like how it's all drawn. Very powerful.

I do think honestly they gonna push Aqua and Kamui, the protagonist going out of control that only can be calm down by the heroine is a common trope used between a couple.

I do think honestly they gonna push Aqua and Kamui, the protagonist going out of control that only can be calm down by the heroine is a common trope used between a couple.

Thus far he's only been seen losing his mind in her presence though. She seems to be closer to the poison than the antidote.

^ Teenage mutant horny dragon?

Dragon puberty. Finally, a realistic portrayal of teenagers: complete bewilderment of all things sexual and lots of fridge raiding.

Edited by Thane

^ actually judging from his skinny legs, he could do with a little more fridge raiding and less roughing up of Aqua. Well in kaimui's case i would imagine it would be more farm raiding than fridge raiding. That skinny litttle dragon needs to eat more whole cows imo.

He is still not a deer though

Aqua's pendant is the key to mega evolving Kamui. However, due to his choice ingame, Kamui got the status of confused.

This is the gr8est thing mentioned on this topic.

Best 10/10

Edited by antonio616

^ actually judging from his skinny legs, he could do with a little more fridge raiding and less roughing up of Aqua. Well in kaimui's case i would imagine it would be more farm raiding than fridge raiding. That skinny litttle dragon needs to eat more whole cows imo.

He is still not a deer though

Nah man, when I was a wee teenager I could eat an entire cow without putting on any extra weight. Clearly, the most realistic portrayal of dragon puberty yet.

Seriously though, I am curious as to why he's attacking Aqua, especially in his dragon form. Maybe he was just trying to teach her how to use a lance but she kept swinging it so stupidly with flashy moves that he just lost his patience.

A bit late but I came upon a revelation, so I heard some speculation that Aqua's glowing necklace has a dragon stone in it which is the reason it is glowing in this scene. My guess is that your first encounter with Aqua is when you first learn of your powers to transform, this encounter is (probably) the scene in which she is singing next to the river and turns around surprised to face you. You probably talk for a bit or perhaps it's part of a larger scene that plays out and then leads you to go berserk as the stone calls out to you and brings forth your powers, powers which you can't fully control. Perhaps you (or Garon) has always known about your powers and dragon stone was prohibited from being within your reach because of your tendency to go berserk, however something happens this time during this encounter with Aqua that enables you to control it, or at least calm down from your rage-induced frenzy. The main reason I think that this is all part of the same scene is because it appears to happen underwater but the only thing that conflicts with that theory is the fact that she speaks to you when this happens, so I'm not really sure, it could be some sort of telepathy I suppose or just 'magic' but I don't know. But yea, that's my little revelation I came to, whether or not any of it is true well, we'll just have to wait and see. xD

Looking at the new E3 trailer I think that this might not be that unlikely anymore.

I mean the scene where kamui is about to attack aqua and she says that it'd be ok if kamui killed her as him/herself really looked to me like aqua had done something that she couldn't forgive herself for,which caused kamui to go berserk.