Puppeteer class

XialonWind

I can imagine it shooting out poisonous gas or needles from its mouth, maybe even fire. But yea, it'll be interesting to see how it works in actual combat.

I find the puppeteer really cool, and since IS has seemed to decide to give the horses besides pegasi to Nohr i like their non horse idea of a 7 move mount. On weapons i have no clue, but most likely not magic as i believe she gained no magic on promotion, and the chance of a 0 base magic hybrid class is quite unlikely.

I like the idea of this unit equipping tomes and hidden weapons. It's not like you can use a marionette to increase your own mobility without magic hijinks anyway.

Also, if the tome usage comes with decent res, the triangle advantage of hidden weapons over tomes would make it a terrifying puppet mage slayer.

^ the class appears to have a zero magic base, (not gaining any on promotion and ninjas having zero magic base) so using tomes would be quite unlikely, every hybrid class so far has had a non zero magic base stat. She did gain + 4 strength +3 def/res and plus 1 speed/skill/luck and has 7 mov, so make of that what you will.

Edited by goodperson707

My first reaction to seeing Puppeteer in the trailer was unbelief, jawdrop and hysterical laughing fit. In my defense I at first thought we had a new funny mount akin to ridable Camel/Ostrich ideas I've seen flying around.

The idea of riding a puppet you're controlling is rather interesting. Though that doesn't sound too speedy to me... What was its movement?

And we seem to be looking at a mounted class with no clear weakness? Or will it somehow count as armored? Which would make sense since this far all armored classes are on Nohr side.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who laughed at it. It's hard to take that thing seriously. I don't know why but I kind of imagine it's going to float in midair when attacking.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it's attack animations and the weapons it uses.

I like the idea of this unit equipping tomes and hidden weapons. It's not like you can use a marionette to increase your own mobility without magic hijinks anyway.

I wouldn't be so sure. Think of a bike. It's entirely controlled by you, yet it increases your own mobility. Plus it IS called a puppeteer. The quality model probably allowed them to get away with not showing any strings, but looking at the animation, this thing clearly seems controlled by hand.

It could be magic of course, but I don't think the opposite is improbable.