Multiple endings for the Paths.

Alazen

How can this game be linear when the very first announcement direct stated that this game is all about YOUR CHOICE affecting the story's outcome?

Surely this can't mean picking between 3 "routes" due to the act of choosing which "story" to play right?

Same way Tales of Xillia 2 was all about your choices affecting the story and its outcome, but in the end it was literally only two choices that affected the endings (one choice that would either continue the game or lead to the Bad End, and one choice right after the final boss that would either give you the True End or the Good End) and everything else was just random dialogue.

How can this game be linear when the very first announcement direct stated that this game is all about YOUR CHOICE affecting the story's outcome?

Surely this can't mean picking between 3 "routes" due to the act of choosing which "story" to play right?

The same way most RPGs that emphasize it end in the same or very similar way each time and that your choices amount to a couple lines of text or a characters dead. Like in Fable 1 and 2 whether you're Good or Evil you still kiill the same bad guy at the end, in Dragon Age: Origins you still defeat the dragon and it's the same ending with very minor changes based on your choices.

The three routes having different diverging stories from each other would be more than most games that emphasize that sort of thing actually offer.

Edited by arvilino

The same way most RPGs that emphasize it end in the same or very similar way each time and that your choices amount to a couple lines of text or a characters dead. Like in Fable 1 and 2 whether you're Good or Evil you still kiill the same bad guy at the end, in Dragon Age: Origins you still defeat the dragon and it's the same ending with very minor changes based on your choices.

The three routes having different diverging stories from each other would be more than most games that emphasize that sort of thing actually offer.

Ok so, barring the locked allegiance depending on which version you buy and similar endings being pretty much a given, does that really mean that there will be very little mid-game choices? How does this affect the post-game storyline (assuming that this will be as long as Awakening and have something similar to the Plegia/Valm arcs)? Is the amount of choices here an exaggeration on the part of the devs or the real deal?

Why can't it mean that?

Im hoping for something involving gameplay like a bad ending for overusing dragon vein in the campaign.

Well if they do go this route they sure as hell better let us know that dragon's vein has "negative consequences" or something. I'll use any tactics at my disposal so it would really suck if I got a bad ending for that.

Im hoping for something involving gameplay like a bad ending for overusing dragon vein in the campaign.

What like you lose control and turn into a dragon? Is that only if the main character uses it too often?

Or do you mean in the way that it would mess with nature and you won but at the cost of ravaging the land?

What like you lose control and turn into a dragon? Is that only if the main character uses it too often?

Or do you mean in the way that it would mess with nature and you won but at the cost of ravaging the land?

I think that Kamui losing control to their dragon form could be a big part of the story, if the new commercial is any indication (or I'm reading too much into it). A person on tumblr mentioned that it could be the result of Aqua betraying Kamui...and shows that Aqua is very much involved with Kamui's dragon side. Maybe dragonstones aren't available until after Aqua shows up and is the one to explain the mechanics of that form.

If you get the digital version it's a choice. That effects all future playthroughs.

But you still have to pay extra for the other decision as it locks you out of the side you didn't pick until you pay for it

I'd really love to have more choices beyond just the big one.

But let's be real, Fire Emblem never really had that many story changing stories, so I am trying not to get my hopes up.

There might be some minor choices along the way that affect a bit of dialgoue, but it certainly isn't going to reach Dragon Age levels.

Well if they do go this route they sure as hell better let us know that dragon's vein has "negative consequences" or something. I'll use any tactics at my disposal so it would really suck if I got a bad ending for that.

Ravaging the land, drying up lakes and flattening mountains can't be good for the people after the war unless dragon vein can instantly repair the damage done.

Not sure about Kamuis dragon form didn't think about it until I saw your post.

Ravaging the land, drying up lakes and flattening mountains can't be good for the people after the war unless dragon vein can instantly repair the damage done.

Not sure about Kamuis dragon form didn't think about it until I saw your post.

Well if you're doing it only in the other countries lands it's not an issue.