Bonus for having an Awakening save file?

I think it would depend on what the bonus was, really. Although, I would find it strange, since FEif and Awakening are two entirely different games. I could understand for something like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Monster Hunter X, since they're directly build upon each other, but if and Awakening are and should stay separated imo.

I think it would depend on what the bonus was, really. Although, I would find it strange, since FEif and Awakening are two entirely different games. I could understand for something like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Monster Hunter X, since they're directly build upon each other, but if and Awakening are and should stay separated imo.

not!Owain and the other children, plus the Awakening Amiibo bring up some relation in the game. So will Anna when she is there. I could see a spotpass item come into play if the save was found, that would be a nice little touch

But I agree with you, as Awakening and If are separate Fire Emblem branches they should have as little to do with each other as possible.

Plot twist, Luna, Lazward, Odin, and Pieri are only accessible if you have Awakening.

Pieri? Because of Noire, right? The only thing Pieri and Noire share between each other is a violent alter ego, but even then, they function differently (and I would hope Pieri's isn't quite so hammy). I doubt Pieri would be associated with her if she weren't introduced alongside Laz and Odin.

...Phooey, I just find it bothersome. Sorry if that came out as aggressive.

Well, it could be interesting if Fire Emblem could detect an Awakening save file, and give you something based on that.

I think Tales of Symphonia 2 had a little something where you got some early items if you had a save file from the first Symphonia.

Just curious, have any fire emblems that weren't direct sequels had something like this for each other? I don't remember getting any bonuses from playing Blazing sword in Sacred Stones.

But GBA don't have internal data storage, so you couldn't have bonuses like that.

Edited by Kragors

I have a physical copy, which means that all of my save data is stored on the cart. So how would this mechanic work?

Some forms of data are stored on the system itself rather than the cartridge such as spotpass data and the like. They could do something with that possibly.

Personally I wouldn't mind if there was such a mechanic included in the game but I have no idea how they'd implement it. Like would it be giving you a few starting bonus items? Some extra cash? Chrom (lol)? I mean what would make sense in this context? I can't imagine it being that much of a significant bonus, otherwise they'd run the risk of pissing off potential buyers/newcomers who feel like they're getting gypped out of a full experience.

Nah. cause of Cynthia. I find those two to be more alike, to be honest.

I'm 100% certain that Pieri is a seperate character.

Lazwald, Odin, and Luna all retain their mother's hair colors, and some semblance of their Awakening counterpart's personality.

Pieri, on the other hand, doesn't have either Tharja's, or Sumia's, hair colors. While her personality seems to be close to Noire's on paper, when we actually see it in-game, it may end up being different altogether. Furthermore, Pieri isn't voiced by Yamamoto Ayano, nor is she voiced by Yoshida Seiko. Sorry to everyone who thinks that Pieri is a clone or copy of some sort, but it's just unfortunate circumstance that she was revealed alongside Laz & Odin. I'm fairly certain she's simply intended to be 1/2 of Nohr's Social Knight archetype.

And as for comparing her to Lissa? The only thing they have in common is pigtails.

But to answer the topic question, I'd like it if we got a basic, 5 Mt Falchion for having an Awakening save. Maybe even either gender Robin's first hairstyle added to the My Castle room for choosing.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

Lazwald has pink hair?

No, but Inigo's default hair is that greyish brown. I agree with BlizzardWolf, and can't see why Pieri is counted amongst the Awakening expies, given that she doesn't follow the pattern nor can she be attributed to any one FEA character/child. Lazward, Odin and Luna all have their counterparts' default hair colour, voice actor and their personality, but possibly without the hidden melancholy which came with their being from a destroyed future.

No, but Inigo's default hair is that greyish brown. I agree with BlizzardWolf, and can't see why Pieri is counted amongst the Awakening expies, given that she doesn't follow the pattern nor can she be attributed to any one FEA character/child. Lazward, Odin and Luna all have their counterparts' default hair colour, voice actor and their personality, but possibly without the hidden melancholy which came with their being from a destroyed future.

Oh right, I forgot they had defaults for when you play a future chapter without having picked their dad yet. Wish Inigo's had been pink in those (Although oddly enough Yarne's little hair stripe is pink in those? What did Olivia do with Panne?)

Oh right, I forgot they had defaults for when you play a future chapter without having picked their dad yet. Wish Inigo's had been pink in those (Although oddly enough Yarne's little hair stripe is pink in those? What did Olivia do with Panne?)

In his official artwork, Yarne's hair tuft is white. Strangely enough, Morgan's "default" hair in the Avatar logbook if you haven't picked their other parent is bright pink as well, even though their default artwork hair in black.

In his official artwork, Yarne's hair tuft is white. Strangely enough, Morgan's "default" hair in the Avatar logbook if you haven't picked their other parent is bright pink as well, even though their default artwork hair in black.

Clearly there are many alternate futures where Olivia is knocking people up.

Clearly there are many alternate futures where Olivia is knocking people up.

I love this community

@OP Really don't see them doing anything besides MAYBE allowing you to recruit your previous avatar. Nothing else even seems like it would be that special.

I love this community

@OP Really don't see them doing anything besides MAYBE allowing you to recruit your previous avatar. Nothing else even seems like it would be that special.

But would it be my completely overpowered end game re-set over and over again Robin?

But would it be my completely overpowered end game re-set over and over again Robin?

I honestly have no idea. I imagine it would either come with really low stats, or you would have to best it in a battle similar to the spotpass teams in Awakening, and once you beat it it would join your team. Though I find this highly unlikely as it would require more resources to be added into the game.