Ninten is love, Ninten is life

Question concerning my mother  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Mother game?

• Mother
    • Mother 2
    • Mother 3
    • EarthBound (NES)
    • EarthBound (SNES)
    • EarthBound Zero
    • EarthBound 2
    • Mother 1
    • Mother 1+2
    • Mother 4
    • EarthBound Beginnings

Definitely Mother 3.

I played it on emulator and it's a wonderful game, easily making my top 10 favorite games. Not only that but fans have been hounding Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the west and they're doing Mother 1 instead? Uh... okay.

I played Mother 1 before - it was actually the first one I played, but now it's the only one I haven't beaten - but it's pretty dated and I think Mother 3 would've been a much better choice.

Plus Lucas as Smash DLC makes some publicity for it.

Mother 1 was already translated before Mother 3 existed. They actually had the game translated near the end of the NES's life cycle, but it wasn't released because RPG's weren't popular then.

Definitely Mother 3.

I played it on emulator and it's a wonderful game, easily making my top 10 favorite games. Not only that but fans have been hounding Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the west and they're doing Mother 1 instead? Uh... okay.

I played Mother 1 before - it was actually the first one I played, but now it's the only one I haven't beaten - but it's pretty dated and I think Mother 3 would've been a much better choice.

Plus Lucas as Smash DLC makes some publicity for it.

Draco, why get 1 Mother game when you can have two. Mother 3 is definitely coming next for sure. If Mother 3 came first then Mother 1 would probably have been forgotten. Edited by Rabbattack

If they add Ninten in Smash, he'd better be the toughest of the PSI guys.

Also, damn son, Sakuya's eyes,

If they add Ninten in Smash, he'd better be the toughest of the PSI guys.

In his game, Ninten doesn't actually learn any offensive PSI.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Ness and Lucas don't learn PK Fire, PK Ice, or PK Thunder you know. In the description for Paula's trophy it said she taught Ness those moves before he went to Smash. Same can be assumed for Lucas.

Robin uses Nosferatu too, so their is no problem.

Side Special PK Beam. In Mother 1, Ana could learn PK Beam, so technically Ninten could use it.

He also has access to teleportation and 4th-D slip, which the latter is basically another teleport.

Down special could be PSI Magnet or PK Shield (reflector).

To be honest, Mother 2/EarthBound is my least favorite, I've played through some, but I basically know the ending, it's the most generic kill the villain who wants to destroy the world.

Mother 3 is about family and watching the main character grow up.

Mother 1 is gives you Giygas's backstory and the origin of PSI, the whole deal with Magicant is much more interesting than EarthBound imo.

Itoi even said that Mother 1 was made the players, Mother 2 was for money, Mother 3 was both.

I have nothing against Mother 3.

Edited by Rabbattack

I meant it as in, he's the most durable. Mighty Glacier and everything. His specials are just him whacking things to death with melee attacks or using items. He don't need PK powers to beat things up.