Nintendo Digital Event Info

Devalon

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do Sakura and Elise sound so old? "Nii-sama" will never sound right if she says it now

I would have thought Elise voice would have fit her better than her japanese voice that sound too off... I pretty like the little sisters and Kazahana's engdub.

Dual versions probably won't work in the west. They're fine for Japan where FE has a solid fanbase, but over here the FE fanbase consists of a small group of hardcore fans (like, for example, on this site) and a ton of people who only played Awakening. Those Awakening people might get scared off if they have to buy two games to get the whole experience with Fates, which could hurt FE's chances at a future (remember that there was a chance that Awakening would have been the last game in the series). Also, if they were bringing the whole "two versions" thing over to the west, they probably wouldn't have removed every reference to it from every Direct that talked about the game.

They could be holding off announcing this to avoid pissing off Japanese fans if they release Fates as one game for the standard 3DS game price in the west ($40 here in Murica), at least until after the two games are released over there. Of course, this would probably be the first time Nintendo ever screwed over Japan for the benefit of Everyone Else (usually, they do the opposite), so I still don't know what's going to happen.

So, why hasn't the board name been changed? This is an English website and we have an English title for the game now... :P

But Vincent is a weeb.

Elise is still called blonde loli.

I hate Kamui's voice. Ugh... Everyone else sounded good, though.

Don't worry, there will probably be some voice options in character creation that will fit him better, or not. Anyway, we can always change voice acting to japanese (i hope).

Fire Emblem Treehouse event is at 19:00 EDT, 16:00 PDT, 0:00 BST, 1:00 CEST...

Thanks!

Hmm, I'll be staying up late again XD

I'm surprised they haven't released artwork for the siblings yet

Yeah, I was disappointed.

Genei Ibun Roku #FE had 11 character artworks in the press kit.

Maybe later?

But Vincent is a weeb.

Elise is still called blonde loli.

Knew I forgot something.

Also, expect a surprise sooner than later.

Although I haven't had any time to work on that as of late...

Don't worry, there will probably be some voice options in character creation that will fit him better, or not. Anyway, we can always change voice acting to japanese (i hope).

That's what I'm counting on. I usually like to use the default options on the first playthrough, but I'll definitely be changing his voice.

Edited by Sir Frederick

Apparently, the two versions thing is now confirmed for the west. That sound you're hearing is the sound of all the new people drawn in by Awakening getting pushed away.

And this still begs the question of why the fuck did Nintendo not reveal this until some offhand mention in an interview? I mean, they purposely removed all references to this being two games from every trailer shown outside Japan. They're only making it worse for themselves by doing this.

Apparently, the two versions thing is now confirmed for the west. That sound you're hearing is the sound of all the new people drawn in by Awakening getting pushed away.

And this still begs the question of why the fuck did Nintendo not reveal this until some offhand mention in an interview? I mean, they purposely removed all references to this being two games from every trailer shown outside Japan. They're only making it worse for themselves by doing this.

Oh great! Being Canadian, new 3ds games retail $50. An amiibo retail $16. With this in mind, to get the full FE:IF experience (Assuming the 67% discount) I'm looking at an overall tax-included cost of over $165 in the long run, and that's before any other DLC. If the games are the size of Awakening, fine. But if they go against their word, I'm not going to be happy shelling out this much money.

Seriously? But all this time, NoA's been treating it as one game. WTF. I mean, not that I MIND two versions, but the way they presented it they were passing it off as just one whole game. :/

Edited by Anacybele