Water as a symbol

Water is a symbol used in a lot of literature, and it symbolizes a lot of different things depending on the story and the writer. So I'd like to take a look at water in what we've seen in the game. It definitely seems to be a large presence. One of the main character's names is Aqua, a word meaning water. She can be seen at and in a large lake of some sort, and Kamui strangles her in the middle of what seems to be this lake. Water in literature usually symbolizes purification and rebirth, like in a baptism. However, it can also symbolize violence or death, through the character drowning. You tell what it means through the author's tone and the way the story is told. For example, in Lord of the Flies it serves as a barrier preventing the boys from leaving the island. What does high school english have to do with this game? Well, that's simple. It raises some more questions about the game. It seems to be peaceful around Aqua, but also shows violent qualities through the scene where Kamui is attacking Aqua in the water. What does this have to do with the story? What does it have to do with Hoshido and Nohr? This is where the discussion comes in. What are your opinions?

There's... also this.

577abfaf9b53532d32e6906f39fc02a9.png

Isn't that perhaps a possible reference for her being the dark dragon and kamui being the light dragon? idk but it could be and it fits with what Aqua says in that scene.

I know it's supposed to be symbolic but all I can think of when I see aqua walking into water is "who doesn't start swimming after the water gets about waist level?" like it's faster than walking at that point and looks more natural than WALKING INTO THE FREAKING WATER IN FULL CLOTHES WHY

I know it's supposed to be symbolic but all I can think of when I see aqua walking into water is "who doesn't start swimming after the water gets about waist level?" like it's faster than walking at that point and looks more natural than WALKING INTO THE FREAKING WATER IN FULL CLOTHES WHY

I'm not too sure she's supposed to be swimming.

Suicide by drowning used to be very common given that all you had to do was walk into the water until it got over your head and stayed there. Some people would even put stones and stuff into their clothing so they wouldn't float up to the top.

I'm not too sure she's supposed to be swimming.

Suicide by drowning used to be very common given that all you had to do was walk into the water until it got over your head and stayed there. Some people would even put stones and stuff into their clothing so they wouldn't float up to the top.

Well that's a disturbing mental image.