Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

Choose +strenght -luck since azura have super low defense

This, and sacrifice Dwyer. Jakob comes pretty late in the game and Dwyer's almost useless outside of MyCastle.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone here base the pairings on how the couple's chemistry works (like me), or is it all numbers, stats, and classes like from what I've seen in this topic?

I base it on chemistry and supports, and I know a lot of other people do as well. You're just more likely to see people asking for optimization tips than shipping tips because different people prefer different ships.

Does anyone here base the pairings on how the couple's chemistry works (like me), or is it all numbers, stats, and classes like from what I've seen in this topic?

I do it on a mixed basis--Like I really liked Laslow x Orochi's support but no way in hell am I screwing up Soleil like that--(Although I like Saizo/Orochi more anyway so lmao) but just because Rinkah!Shiro isn't as good as Oboro!Shiro doesn't mean Rinkah!Shiro isn't good and that's good enough for me to favor supports in this case.

Like, it doesn't have to be super optimal but it shouldn't screw up the kid.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I do it on a mixed basis--Like I really liked Laslow x Orochi's support but no way in hell am I screwing up Soleil like that--(Although I like Saizo/Orochi more anyway so lmao) but just because Rinkah!Shiro isn't as good as Oboro!Shiro doesn't mean Rinkah!Shiro isn't good and that's good enough for me to favor supports in this case.

Like, it doesn't have to be super optimal but it shouldn't screw up the kid.

Eh? Orochi!Soleil isn't that bad, you get decent magic with high skill. The only thing you have to afraid of is her low speed and defense. The only problem is that Laslow doesn't really benefit much from the diviner class, but I think it's worth a shot for a mixed set like the Dark Filer or the Basara class.

The pairing in Fates isn't as flexible as Awakening and for some kids, you have to be careful with certain pairings as they can screw up the child really badly.

Eh? Orochi!Soleil isn't that bad, you get decent magic with high skill. The only thing you have to afraid of is her low speed and defense. The only problem is that Laslow doesn't really benefit much from the diviner class, but I think it's worth a shot for a mixed set like the Dark Filer or the Basara class.

The pairing in Fates isn't as flexible as Awakening and for some kids, you have to be careful with certain pairings as they can screw up the child really badly.

I don't like low speed and defense, so bar kids who really can run extreme nuke sets I consider it as good as useless. For that level of low speed and defense your mag better be REALLY good to compensate. Ophelia? Raj? Asugi? Alright. People who don't have nearly as high magic isn't worth the other stat drops.

Anyone wanna rate my pairings for revelation ?

Elise!Ophelia x MU (+Spd -def)

Laslow x Azura

Silas x Hana

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Rinkha

Takumi X Oboro

Saizo x Orochi (flame shuriken)

Kaden x Kagero

Azama x Setsuna

Subaki x Hinoka

Hayato x Nyx

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Sakura

Keaton x Camilla

Odin x Elise

Niles x Felicia (shining bow)

Hinata x Peri

Arthur x Effie

Benny x Beruka

Jakob x Selena

The last 4 pairings aren't a priority , so I just left them with all the girls I hadn't paired yet

I don't like low speed and defense, so bar kids who really can run extreme nuke sets I consider it as good as useless. For that level of low speed and defense your mag better be REALLY good to compensate. Ophelia? Raj? Asugi? Alright. People who don't have nearly as high magic isn't worth the other stat drops.

Fair enough, We all have our own different style of playing the game and some might find the right benefits in different pairings. I respect that.

may I ask if Midori and Kiragi need a +Str Avatar as mother or +Spd is still better? (For pvp)

And what does Sophie need from her mother? In term of both stat and class.

Thank you!

On my Revelation run I won't be using every kid. the ones I really want are Sophie, Caeldori, Percy, Velouria, Selkie, Kiragi, Ophelia, Shigure, Soleil and maybe male Kana and Forrest. Still a bit of a list but eh. I'm pretty set on Camilla!Velouria and Effie!Percy so far, but that's it, so I'm looking for some guidance on what to look for when choosing a mother/father.

Vague and broad advice/answers are fine (since asking for "guidance" is pretty broad to begin with), but I have two specific questions:

1. What makes Elise!Ophelia much more recommended than Felicia!Ophelia? Felicia gives more balanced stats and the difference in Magic and Luck is negligible imo and not having negative defensive modifiers makes it easier to rectify mistakes. Or is a max defense stat of 29 (sorcerer) pretty bad to begin with? It seems pretty good to me...

2. What makes Asugi so desirable?

Thank you!

Edited by intrusion

Gonna start my first Revelation run soon, and I wanna plan ahead on the marriages. Would it be a good idea to go after the "support-less" units (Scarlet, Fuga, Shura, Reina, etc) or should I marry someone else?

Gonna start my first Revelation run soon, and I wanna plan ahead on the marriages. Would it be a good idea to go after the "support-less" units (Scarlet, Fuga, Shura, Reina, etc) or should I marry someone else?

That depends if you're marrying for story or for stats and what gender you're playing as. If you're playing a female, you can marry whoever you want with no problem. If you're playing male and want all the kids, then you should go for the Corrinsexuals. If you're playing male and don't care about the kids, and like marrying based off support dialogue, then marry whoever you want--just make sure you lose a "weak" kid, like Dwyer or Hisame.

The only one I will say you shouldn't marry is Scarlet, for spoiler reasons.

That depends if you're marrying for story or for stats and what gender you're playing as. If you're playing a female, you can marry whoever you want with no problem. If you're playing male and want all the kids, then you should go for the Corrinsexuals. If you're playing male and don't care about the kids, and like marrying based off support dialogue, then marry whoever you want--just make sure you lose a "weak" kid, like Dwyer or Hisame.

The only one I will say you shouldn't marry is Scarlet, for spoiler reasons.

I know what happens to her. And yeah, this run is male, and I actually was planning on marrying her. I do care about stats a little bit, but it's not the most important thing to me. I just wanted to know if Scarlet and others were worth marrying or not for stats, story, etc. Edited by Vere

Uh so like I'd like to start a third Revelation file and would like my pairings picked. The only pairings I'm not going to change is MU/Xander and Leo/Felicia.

The other pairings I'd like to be handpicked would be for the following children: Shigure, Midori, Dwyer, Velouria, Selkie, Shiro, and Caeldori.

Uh so like I'd like to start a third Revelation file and would like my pairings picked. The only pairings I'm not going to change is MU/Xander and Leo/Felicia.

The other pairings I'd like to be handpicked would be for the following children: Shigure, Midori, Dwyer, Velouria, Selkie, Shiro, and Caeldori.

I'm probably not the best at this (still waiting for someone to answer me lol), but I'll give it a shot.

Azura and Kaze make great babies, they'll get sweet +4 Skill and +7 Speed modifiers. The -3 Defense kind of stings, but the speed makes them kickass Master Ninjas and it's not like you'll be using them as tanks.

Dwyer's a mixed bag. His ability and growth make him a little difficult to work with. It really depends on what you're planning to do with him. His dad gives him good physical modifiers and growths from the get-go so you're probably gonna want to capitalize on that, so Selena's not a bad choice, imo. Peri's pretty good too.

Velouria wants either Effie or Camilla. I'd go with Camilla, but they're both excellent.

Hmmm, again, not too sure what to do with Selkie. Her Defense growth and modifier aren't gonna be great no matter what you do though, so I'd go with Charlotte if she's free. I went with Setsuna (the other moms were taken) and I was quite satisfied with the results, it's kind of hard to mess up Velouria and Selkie.

Shiro's probably gonna be a Spear Master, so Kagero's really good. His other moms (except for Camilla) tend to go a bit too far with the negative modifiers for him imo. Like, Hana gives him a -4 Defense modifier.

Caeldori wants Oboro or Hinoka.

You're probably gonna want to get someone else's opinion on this as well, but that's my two cents. I hope I helped, at least!

Edited by intrusion

Need some advice on this (for my current Revelations run). Benny and Charlotte aren't on the list cause I didn't know you needed Elise to talk to them. *sighs*

Playing F!Corrin, with +Spd/-Luck build, and I'm fine with pairing her up with anyone, so yeah.

Xander/Hinoka
Ryoma/Camilla
Takumi/Hana
Leo/Sakura
Elise/Odin
Laslow/Peri
Jakob/Azura (or Felicia)
Keaton/Effie
Kaden/Felicia (or Azura)
Subaki/Rinkah
Saizo/Setsuna
Arthur/Beruka (or Mozu)
Hinata/Selena
Hayato/Nyx
Silas/Kagero
Niles/Oboro
Kaze/Beruka
Azama/Orochi

So I will eventually play Fates and I want you guys to tell me if my pairups sound good?

Nohr: CorrinXSelena

SilasXMozu

AzuraXLaslow

FeliciaXLeo

EliseXOdin

EffieXArthur

NyxXJakob

BennyXCharlotte

XanderXBeruka

KeatonXPeri

CamillaXNiles

Still deciding Hoshido pairups

So I will eventually play Fates and I want you guys to tell me if my pairups sound good?

Nohr: CorrinXSelena I would advise for this or against since this is your MU, but if you decide to marry a kid unit or Corrinsexual, Selena works well with Kaze.

SilasXMozu Perfectly fine.

AzuraXLaslow Again, fine.

FeliciaXLeo I don't really recommend this. Felicia is not the best Mag mom out there and really harbors a lot of stats. It's not bad, I just don't recommend it.

EliseXOdin One of Odin;s best pairs.

EffieXArthur This is okay, but Effie can be used elsewhere to make other children better, but it's not bad, it's actually really good, but Effie is better for other children.

NyxXJakob Don't do this. Unlike what it may seem, Jakob is Str based, not Mag. Nyx would be much better with Leo or Niles In fact I would put Effie here, Arthur with Felicia and Nyx with Leo.

BennyXCharlotte It's like Arthur and Efiie, it's a good pairing, but Charlotte is better elsewhere. I recommend switching your Xander and Benny pairings. Both kids will still be really good.

XanderXBeruka See Benny.

KeatonXPeri It's good, it makes Velouria balanced. While Velouria would be better with say Effie, but since I assume this is optimization, this would be better since all parties get extra classes out of the deal.

CamillaXNiles Perfectly optimal. If you want though, you could switch Camilla and Peri around, but that is optional (I recommend switching though).

Still deciding Hoshido pairups

Hope this helped.

Could you guys help me optimize my pairings?

Mu/Scarlet

Oboro!Shiro

Sakura!Asugi

Setsuna!Selkie

Kagero!Dwyre

Mozu!Midori

Rinkah!Kiragi

Hinoka!Caeldori

Hana!Hisame

Azura!Sophie

Felicia!Mitama

Orochi!Rhajat

All of them are pretty much fine. You may just have a bit of a problem with Selkie's growths, but that's about it.

All of them are pretty much fine. You may just have a bit of a problem with Selkie's growths, but that's about it.

I did some moves and put Ryoma with Rinkah, Azama and Sakura, Felicia and Saizo, and Oboro and Takumi. How does that fare?

I did some moves and put Ryoma with Rinkah, Azama and Sakura, Felicia and Saizo, and Oboro and Takumi. How does that fare?

Not Azama and Sakura. Azama, while it may not seem like it, is more Str then Mag. In fact he has the biggest negative Mag mod in the game. Where is Kagerou may I ask? She should stay with him. In fact, I would stick with your original and pairings but maybe switch Rinkah and Oboro if you want to.

Soon i will start my lunatic Run and i need advice of my pairings some are the ones from my hard run, also i know i full aware i will lose a child.

Corrin x Selena ( +Strength -luck) the talent i still thinking to choose Samurai or Ninja

Jacob x Azura

Silas x Mozu

Kaze x Beruka

Ryoma x Kagero

Takumi x Hana

Saizo x Orochi

Kaden x Peri

Hinata x Rinkah

Azama x Felicia

Subaki x Hinoka

Hayato x Nyx

Xander x Charlotte

Keaton x Effie

Arthur x Setsuna

Lazlow x Camilla

Niles x Oboro

Odin x Elise

Leo x Sakura

Not Azama and Sakura. Azama, while it may not seem like it, is more Str then Mag. In fact he has the biggest negative Mag mod in the game. Where is Kagerou may I ask? She should stay with him. In fact, I would stick with your original and pairings but maybe switch Rinkah and Oboro if you want to.

I have Kagero with Jakob. So I should keep Sakura with Saizo?