Fire Emblem: IF Special Edition Boxing

falcoknights

Apparently, someone everyone in Hong Kong got their hands on a special edition before release..

images below (includes the boxing, cartridge, and some artbook stuff):

game box

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo2_1280.jpg

side of packaging

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo10_1280.jpg

presumably the other side of the packaging?

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo5_1280.jpg

artbook page (hinoka and camilla)

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo7_1280.jpg

artbook cover (front or back, probably back)

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo8_1280.jpg

back of packaging(?)

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo6_1280.jpg

a description of some sort

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo4_1280.jpg

game cartridge (it's 2-in-1)

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo3_1280.jpg

back of one of the game boxes(?)

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo9_1280.jpg

packaging front:

ff1c05f431adcbefa7852deea9af2edda1cc9fe7

edits: added packaging front, edited some captions to reflect what's what better.

Edited by falcoknights

Looks pretty spectacular. Hopefully it makes it stateside. If nothing else a package with both physical games and a code for the third path DLC.

yeah, it looks great! i'm pretty excited about the artbook and its full-body of how they're standing in their portraits, to be honest.

and same, if we don't get this, i'm at least hoping for the 3 in 1 purchase thing to come here. it'd be a lot less work to get all three versions of the game, imo.

Edited by falcoknights

game cartridge (hoshido?)

tumblr_nqd5gaFF7E1ur5e8oo3_1280.jpg

I think the special edition puts both routes on the same cartridge. Can anyone confirm?

That's definitely what it looks like, and definitely the version I want to play. :P

I think the special edition puts both routes on the same cartridge. Can anyone confirm?

That's definitely what it looks like, and definitely the version I want to play. :P

In the pictures there are game cases for both Hoshido and Nohr each with presumably their own cartridge. Also Nintendo stated in the revealing japanese direct that it would be sold in two versions.

i believe that was early speculation?

because as lordtaco2 said, there is indeed both game boxes in the set, so they just bundled them together in the set. you get the cards, the artbook, the 3rd path code, and both game cartridges.

Edited by falcoknights

i believe that was early speculation?

because as lordtaco2 said, there is indeed both game boxes in the set, so they just bundled them together in the set. you get the cards, the artbook, the 3rd path code, and both game cartridges.

It looks more like the Norh page is the back side of the cover, on one cartridge. You can see another here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3843995608

Edited by Ryo

It looks more like the Norh page is the back of the cover. You can see another here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3843995608

Upon looking at it closer it is just the back. So maybe they did put it on one cartridge. We'll find out soon enough from those that import it.

Plus it wouldn't make much sense to go through the trouble to get all those pics and only post a pic of one of the two cartridges.

Edited by LordTaco42

It looks more like the Norh page is the back side of the cover, on one cartridge. You can see another here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3843995608

i don't mean to be rude, but i don't really understand what you're saying. would you mind rephrasing it, or?

edit: nevermind, i understand it now. i'll edit the op, then.

Edited by falcoknights

If they did decide to make the special edition on one cart that makes me even more pumped to get it. Makes it that much easier to put the third path and all other corresponding DLC on one cart anyway that way you don't have to pay for it twice to get bonus stuff on both versions. Then again the DLC could also be version specific.

Yes the special edition puts both routes on the same cartridge,actually its one of the LE's main selling points.

Its already been officially confirmed pre-release,and the unboxing pics coming out confirm this as well.

Edited by Laie

Yes the special edition puts both routes on the same cartridge.

Its already officially confirmed pre-release,and the unboxing pics coming out confirm this as well.

Thank sweet baby jesus in a tuxedo. Lets just cross our fingers that it'll get a Western release as well.

screams I want that ARTBOOK ; A ;

the only reason I didn't preorder the special edition was because I wanted two physical copies (not the two in one thing)

and now I'm really upset b/c it was a great deal and the ARTBOOK

oh well I'll scour every website for someone who decides to sell theirs cries

but yeah, fingers crossed that NA offers the special edition as well ! ; u ;

It's just in one cartridge? I thought both games would be too big to fit them in judging from the digital version size, unless IS use 8GB cart.

I heard that both the games togheter were 3 giga if so a 4 giga card like the "resident evil revelations" one will fit for them..

I know a lot of people aren't gonna like this but I hope NoA doesn't bring over the special 2 in 1 cart

reason being is that I really really want it and seeing how badly anything Nintendo as of late is being scalped to death makes me cringe. + it will probably go on sale at the most inconvenient time possible.

hopefully Nintendo gets cold feet at the end of localization and makes the 2 in 1 the standard edition, I really wouldn't mind if it were $60 or so.

edit: HOLY S%&T I'M NOT SURE BUT DOES THAT SAY THE 3RD PATH DLC DOESN'T COME OUT UNTIL JUNE OF NEXT YEAR

Edited by Captain Karnage

I know a lot of people aren't gonna like this but I hope NoA doesn't bring over the special 2 in 1 cart

reason being is that I really really want it and seeing how badly anything Nintendo as of late is being scalped to death makes me cringe. + it will probably go on sale at the most inconvenient time possible.

hopefully Nintendo gets cold feet at the end of localization and makes the 2 in 1 the standard edition, I really wouldn't mind if it were $60 or so.

edit: HOLY S%&T I'M NOT SURE BUT DOES THAT SAY THE 3RD PATH DLC DOESN'T COME OUT UNTIL JUNE OF NEXT YEAR

i'm personally hoping they do- i really want that artbook, tbh. concept art and the like is my weakness.

it's also mentioned it's going to be sold as two over here, which is another reason i want special edition. i'm hoping that they do end up releasing or making more than they did, as there was such a high demand. plus, it would increase my chances of getting my hands on one, lbr....

and also, yeah-- the DLC doesn't come out until next year, but the special edition gives you a code for it. so you basically have it preordered, if that makes sense.

i'm personally hoping they do- i really want that artbook, tbh. concept art and the like is my weakness.

it's also mentioned it's going to be sold as two over here, which is another reason i want special edition. i'm hoping that they do end up releasing or making more than they did, as there was such a high demand. plus, it would increase my chances of getting my hands on one, lbr....

and also, yeah-- the DLC doesn't come out until next year, but the special edition gives you a code for it. so you basically have it preordered, if that makes sense.

I hope they do. A couple of my friends are on the 'if they don't sell a two in one I probably won't buy the game' bandwagon, and while I'm not, I'd still like the special edition for the artbook and such.

Also, the DLC doesn't come out until june of next year? Yikes, that's going to be a long wait. Hopefully when we get the game over here there's either enough replayability to keep it fresh for a year or NOA plans to translate the third path quickly/at the same time and release it two/three months after the japanese version of the DLC. Somehow, I doubt that though.

That looks so good! I seriously hope that 2-in-1 game makes it stateside.

Also, the DLC doesn't come out until june of next year? Yikes, that's going to be a long wait. Hopefully when we get the game over here there's either enough replayability to keep it fresh for a year or NOA plans to translate the third path quickly/at the same time and release it two/three months after the japanese version of the DLC. Somehow, I doubt that though.

I feel like they'd want to release the third path quickly to keep the game hot while it's still relatively new. NOA could potentially be working alongside IS to localize it? We'll just have to wait and see though!

That looks so good! I seriously hope that 2-in-1 game makes it stateside.

I feel like they'd want to release the third path quickly to keep the game hot while it's still relatively new. NOA could potentially be working alongside IS to localize it? We'll just have to wait and see though!

That's what I'd think too. Especially with Fire Emblem still being new to popularity over here you wouldn't want to drag out a release of big DLC like that or you'd lose out on people being interested in it.

Please let this bundle be released Stateside Nintendo. I really want that artbook. Translated obviously.

I'm slightly optimistic just because of how much quick we got all of our DLC compared to Japan. The 3rd route likely comes out only a few months after an NA release, so hopefully they'll have a lot more free translation time.

I hope they do. A couple of my friends are on the 'if they don't sell a two in one I probably won't buy the game' bandwagon, and while I'm not, I'd still like the special edition for the artbook and such.

i mean i'm gonna buy the game, 2-in-1 or not. i do hope it is two in one release over here (at least a special edition). one less cartridge to keep track of is a good thing.

well, i'm assuming- i've seen estimates anywhere from 2-6 months after the actual release date, so likely around the end of the year, or october-november-ish. it could also be early next year, but i'm thinking that localization might not be at the same time, considering it wasn't for the maingames. that being said, i think it's pretty safe to say next year.