What's with all the Takumi hate

SpeedB00st

Here's how it happened:

Something happens to Takumi and he can't participate in a couple of battles.

The first battle he couldn't participate in dragged on forever, so somebody suggested it was Takumi's fault.

It then snowballed from there.

(Also, he tries to kill Elise in the Nohr route).

And of course, this.

Omg!

A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE EMBLEM CONFIRMED! FAILED KILLING OF SMALL ROYAL FEMALE, GETS LABELED ASSHOLE FOREVER.

Im loving this game already

Apparently its some story reason, but I don't even think that's really justification for the hate. Plus he has a fair bit of justification for the mistrust anyways, its realistic and people tend to not like more realistic characters.

Plus dude has a cool design and actual good bases for an archer.

In addition to this, I also think it doesn't help he's an archer, not exactly FE fandom's favorite class. Not saying FE fans hate archers, but his class certainly won't help his personality unless he ends up being really good.

In addition to this, I also think it doesn't help he's an archer, not exactly FE fandom's favorite class. Not saying FE fans hate archers, but his class certainly won't help his personality unless he ends up being really good.

Very true on the Archers thing. I know they are working up the class a bit with Fates but they have 25 years of Archers being a bit underwhelming to overcome.

Takumi does need to put the grump away though.

Not saying FE fans hate archers, but his class certainly won't help his personality unless he ends up being really good.

Sounds exactly like another long-haired archer that also happens to dislike the protagonist of their game. Please tell me Takumi is as good as our favorite hater of filthy subhumans.

Sounds exactly like another long-haired archer that also happens to dislike the protagonist of their game. Please tell me Takumi is as good as our favorite hater of filthy subhumans.

Judging solely off of growth rates, Shinon 1-ups him where it matters (though Tak is a bit more well-rounded).

EDIT: Actually, scrartch that; Shinon's flat out better than him. Everywhere.

Edited by The DanMan

Omg!

A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE EMBLEM CONFIRMED! FAILED KILLING OF SMALL ROYAL FEMALE, GETS LABELED ASSHOLE FOREVER.

Im loving this game already

Please don't go there.

Even Darkstar > Takumi

Very true on the Archers thing. I know they are working up the class a bit with Fates but they have 25 years of Archers being a bit underwhelming to overcome.

Takumi does need to put the grump away though.

As long as he eventually chills, I'll be fine. But if he spends most of the game being a prick it will annoy me.

At least Takumi is competent. Darkstar is just some loser.

I'd argue the opposite, we haven't even seen the last of Darkstar and we literally no nothing of his backstory or motives, which is why I never understood why he was a hot topic of discussion when I started browsing the internet. From what I know Takumi is kind of a dick even in the Hoshido campaign...

I'd argue the opposite, we haven't even seen the last of Darkstar and we literally no nothing of his backstory or motives, which is why I never understood why he was a hot topic of discussion when I started browsing the internet. From what I know Takumi is kind of a dick even in the Hoshido campaign...

It's more that horrendous quote of his. "Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night."

What a dork.

He'll probably do some stuff then get owned by Balon Swann.

I don't like him much. Nothing really draws me to him. He's an archer. On top of that, he's the only sibling who dislikes you. All in all, not much to like about him, IMHO.

Why should he like you? A stranger that comes to your land after being raised by the enemy. He has legitimate reasons to fear you won't back Hoshido when the chips are down.

Why should he like you? A stranger that comes to your land after being raised by the enemy. He has legitimate reasons to fear you won't back Hoshido when the chips are down.

I never said he has no reason to dislike Kamui. I just said that that is a "turnoff", so to speak, for me.

Because Takumi is in fact the true main villain who killed everyone's waifu and will forever be hated for his crimes against the fanbase

Edited by Shadow Knight

• 6 months later...

Judging solely off of growth rates, Shinon 1-ups him where it matters (though Tak is a bit more well-rounded).

EDIT: Actually, scrartch that; Shinon's flat out better than him. Everywhere.

Which Shinon are you referring to? The one where he comes pre-promoted when a trained Rolf is usually better, or the one where he can promote into a Marksman. Cause, Takumi comes unpromoted, and Shinon in Radiant Dawn doesn't beat Takumi in every stat, just slightly in some cases, also, Takumi comes with a unique Bow.