Flying for practical use...

Fore

I prefer the gals too, but I never used them anyway. Florina's just... I couldn't get into using her. Too weak, I guess. And then there's the fact that Fiora's like, a pixelated Goddess, so... >_>

Plus, if you use the sisters, you've got Triangle Attack up your sleeve.

Some people could. I intend to my next run, just to try them out. And because I'm in Hector Mode now, so I can get Farina, making the sisters worth while.

The triangle attack not often useful but it's fun. The game is easy enough to give the player a relatively free reign over which units he or she chooses to use. I've had no problems with using all three of the sisters granted that they can all support each other, strong bow users come up infrequently, and they've decent enough speed to double attack in most fights despite their inherently low constitutions. I suppose it's similar to going for an all magic, all sword, or all lord playthrough except the Peg sisters are fairly resilient in themselves given proper leveling. It's not the most well rounded team but their small disadvantages don't make them any less ideal if one likes to rampage across the map quickly as I do.

I usually end up with two or three flying units in most Fire Emblem games (in the one's I've beaten at least). FE7 is more of an exception in that I've had no problems going with Florina, Fiora, Farina, and Heath in one playthrough of FE7 because they're overpowered. I also don't like to use Paladins which probably contributes to my use of flying units. I like being able to focus on a single weapon level, and Paladins can't run through mountains.

Archers and Snipers are to infrequent, and the peg sisters all get enough speed and luck to avoid anyways. Doesn't avoid much unless he has the weapon advantage. The only thing I can really complain about their lack of con, but it's to be expected given how small the three look. But heath isn't much better.

Perhaps, but I don't think FE7 is difficult enough for the use of multiple flying units to be a disadvantage anyways. The Peg sisters work well together and flying units don't suffer the drawbacks of terrain restrictions. Flying units aren't necessary so long as other decent choices fill their roles, but Paladins are the same way. In terms of practicality I suppose one should best determine his or her playing style when deciding which units to use. Somebody who sends out a frontal force would be far better off with Paladins or some other tank-like units. The Peg Knights can be vulnerable and Dragon Knights have more pronounced weaknesses. If a player, however, prefers to send out smaller parties to clear out the sides or less easily accessible areas of a map then flying units fit the role perfectly and are unlikely to prove difficult to use. I don't normally play with a well defined central force or line; I spread my units and try to force the enemy to do the same so I can more easily tear across a map with faster units.

I prefer the gals too, but I never used them anyway. Florina's just... I couldn't get into using her. Too weak, I guess. And then there's the fact that Fiora's like, a pixelated Goddess, so... >_>

Plus, if you use the sisters, you've got Triangle Attack up your sleeve.

THANK YOU! Fiora IS a pixelated goddess!

As for the Heath thing, he is pretty good, but his resistance is what kills him a lot while the sisters have a balance so if they have the delphi shield, I can throw any of them (mainly Fiora :)) in a pool of enemies (excluding axes unless she has an axereaver) and she'll do quite well

but I still do like using heath

Have fun with half a team weak to bows. :P

The most fliers I've ever used was 2. I just don't see the point in being able to do a triangle attack. How often is that useful?

yeah that's what I thought. I never used more than one of the sisters in any game I've played. Plus with Oswin, Kent/ Sain/Lowen for a paladin and then Heath for another flier (if needed), I'd just have too many lance users

Have fun with half a team weak to bows. :P

The most fliers I've ever used was 2. I just don't see the point in being able to do a triangle attack. How often is that useful?

More often than you'd think. Especially if they rounded supports, they will be unstoppable if you set things up right so that every enemy is killed. Also a good starting way to raise Farina.

true...unless you leave 2 of the peg's next to each other and an enemy comes between them, you have to waste attacks for a triangle attack...unless it's a boss...honestly if the peg's could move after attacking (like in 9 &10) then you could easily set it up...but in the GBA games, the triangle attack isn't useful...Heath FTW!

• 2 weeks later...
But Florina owns Heath! Well, and she's cute, and you get that CG in the end with Hector and Florina. But then again, there's no reason to not use ALL the flyers...

only problem with that is bows, and especially ballistas. A few shots and their gone, but they are good to have one or two around