Do you ship for love or for stats?

MajorMajora

264 members have voted

1. 1. For what reason do you ship?

• I want my units to be happy
    • Eugenics, baby

Just a poll to see people's preferences. Do you ship based on who you think's a good couple, or for who will give you the best shot at victory? I know that I ship for love, even when playing lunatic. I'm dumb like that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely on who looks good together!

In Awakening, I would pair units up based on hair color. I would try to get as close as I could to their official artwork hair colors, but that was difficult. I don't think that's the case this time in Fates. Now I'm just pairing units up if they look cute together or not. Kamui x Silas is definitely one of my favorites!

I never marry for stats! How irrelevant! How preposterous! You cannot fight love!

I always pair the two most fitting characters together (based on support conversations/my own impressions) (bonus points for favourites with my own character, of course *coughcoughSumiaandHanacoughcough*)

LOVE BEATS ALL!

*Ahem* I mean, yes I always pair my characters based on who makes the best couple. However in this game I just can't choose who would be the ideal partner for my F!Kamui..... Good choices are Silas, Xander, Leo and Jakob. Good change from Awakening though, where the only viable option was pretty much Chrom XD

Typically I do what feels right (or funny) in easier difficulties, mostly because dooming my units to be with units they'll hate/suffer with isn't right to me. If I'm playing Lunatic though, I'm doing semi-eugenics, semi-love, because I don't want to end up making a unit a lot less useful than they could be.

Love, really. I'll rank up the child-tied one up to B with a couple of different options, and whoever has the cutest support with them up till then gets chosen. I do try not to double up on inheritable classes though.

Breeding mechanics is here to stay in Fire Emblem for good, huh. For me breeding is a consequence of trying to access more stories between first-generation characters. On an average playthrough, them children rarely get screen time, because grinding is boring.

One of the main reasons I hoped children characters were nerfed/not as important this time around was so that there'd be no issue with choosing your favorite pairing. It always bugged me that my favorite Chrom pairing (Maribelle) resulted in probably the weakest Lucina due to her being based of Chrom so neither of them had good magic growth. because ehr stats were influenced heavily by the parents, you'd have to be crazy to use Maribelle in any mode other than normal.