3DS region exploit question

POMF

Yes, you can. However, there are some disadvantage:

- Unable to use HOME MENU when quitting your game.

- Cubic Ninja is required, which is rare these days.

- You can't access Japanese eShop to download third path, DLCs, etc.

Edited by RainThunder

Yes, you can.

Would the game be in English? The Japan copy of Smash 3DS in the video plays in English, but there's no currently translated Fire Emblem Fates game... so what would happen then?

Yes, you can. However, there are some disadvantage:

- Unable to use HOME MENU when quitting your game.

- Cubic Ninja is required, which is rare these days.

- You can't access Japanese eShop to download third path, DLCs, etc.

Thank you very much :)

Would the game be in English? The Japan copy of Smash 3DS in the video plays in English, but there's no currently translated Fire Emblem Fates game... so what would happen then?

So I don't have much experience with this exploit (I've messed around with the previous exploit and tried awakening which was in Japanese) but since the game isn't out in English yet it will probably be in Japanese.

You're going to have to:

-Find cubic ninja, which is rare and often expensive

-Reset your updated 3DS to a former software version, deleting all your data

-Import a physical copy of FEif from Japan that you cannot update, access online features or buy the other paths

ALTERNATELY, you could just import a Japanese 3DS. If you buy an original 3DS, you can get it cheap- mine was only about $100 US, the average is about $150 - $250 US. Then you can download the game from the Japanese E-Shop. This is easier, more reliable, often cheaper, and will allow you to download any other Japanese games you want in the future.

SSB has English language text file in its data, but FE:if doesn't, so you can only play it in Japanese.

on another note does anybody know a way to downgrade my 3ds firmware back to 9.7.0

and how to erase my cubic ninja saves

You can't reset to a specific version. You can downgrade back to the original 4.x firmware, but it won't work with that either. You need the exact firmware it requires. If you don't have that, it's not going to work.

ALTERNATELY, you could just import a Japanese 3DS. If you buy an original 3DS, you can get it cheap- mine was only about $100 US, the average is about $150 - $250 US. Then you can download the game from the Japanese E-Shop. This is easier, more reliable, often cheaper, and will allow you to download any other Japanese games you want in the future.

Hmm, we can access the Japanese E-Shop regardless of location? Well, that would make sense. I mean, it is a Japanese 3DS!

Great! I found average priced New Japanese 3DS's on eBay, so I think I'll grab one now! I don't need to learn Japanese anymore, thanks to the translators here at SF lol.

EDIT: couldn't grab a japanese 3DS, so I ordered a japanese fire emblem fates to test the region exploit.

Edited by Carter

on another note does anybody know a way to downgrade my 3ds firmware back to 9.7.0

and how to erase my cubic ninja saves

Did you back up your nand? No luck otherwise. Anyway, there's no benefit to having sysnand above 9.2 afaik.

Hmm, we can access the Japanese E-Shop regardless of location? Well, that would make sense. I mean, it is a Japanese 3DS!

Great! I found average priced New Japanese 3DS's on eBay, so I think I'll grab one now! I don't need to learn Japanese anymore, thanks to the translators here at SF lol.

I think I'll do this as well! I can't wait 6 months minimum, so might as well!

If you want to play the translation Scires, DJ and others are working on, you won't be able to do it without hacking/piracy (and <=9.2 firmware), Japanese console or not.

Hey just so everyone knows I tried using regionTHREE and I had no success with it (it goes to a blank screen and never boots up, awakening is fine but IF doesn't load) so I was just asking if regionFOUR works instead, I would reccomend not spending money on Cubic Ninja unless your are certain that it works.

Hey just so everyone knows I tried using regionTHREE and I had no success with it (it goes to a blank screen and never boots up, awakening is fine but IF doesn't load) so I was just asking if regionFOUR works instead, I would reccomend not spending money on Cubic Ninja unless your are certain that it works.

I ordered my copy of Fates (Conquest), and that should be arriving on July 14. Will it work? I sure hope so.

But, I've been googling whether Fire Emblem Fates works with regionFOUR or not, and some people on reddit have said it works on their 3DS: https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/3bx9rv/does_regionfour_work_with_fire_emblem_if/

So I have high hopes that it will work. Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, but at least I'll have something to satisfy me until I get both English versions (and the later 3rd route). I'll edit my post once my copy arrives!

You're going to have to:

-Find cubic ninja, which is rare and often expensive

-Reset your updated 3DS to a former software version, deleting all your data

-Import a physical copy of FEif from Japan that you cannot update, access online features or buy the other paths

What size sd card would you recommend for an import console? And american sd cards work just fine?

What size sd card would you recommend for an import console? And american sd cards work just fine?

I used the SD card that came with the console, but yes, SD cards are universal and region free, as long as there is no 3DS data on it already.

Edited by gayserbeam