Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

The Skill/Speed comparison makes sense. If the skill difference is also negligible for, lets säy, accuracy/hit chance or what not, then I'll definitely stick to speed +. One thing I do not know however, is magic important to have for post-game as Holy Lancer with Effie as synergy in mind, should I take another weakness besides magic?

-Luc since a few pts won't mean anything either. it'll mean -1 Str/Mag tho. -Mag isn't a terrible flaw

Kanna is supposedly underwhelming and doesn't stand out much. I hope I like her enough to have her on my team, but it's just what I have been hearing, it is true I do not know what might make her bad, though.

this is probably in reference to in-game where starting stats matter. so probably means nothing post-game where only final class and mods matter (and this I already elaborated on)

Regarding the skill purchase: I'm guessing it was for me to change Rinkah to someone else in order to give Velour better stat mods? The reason being I could buy Counter if I REALLY wanted to have it? Just assuming. My reason to still take Rinkah for that particular skill was because it is kinda hard to get Counter on her otherwise AND I wanted to give her Lancebreaker (I believe lance was the right choice as a beast due to the anti-beast weapon, but maybe nobody uses them, I don't know :S), but I guess that is now a mute point.

Rinkah for Oni Savage but otherwise (if you're not too diehard for this pairing), then yea. it's probably better to swap to a different parent

Edited by GoXDS

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Luc since a few pts won't mean anything either. it'll mean -1 Str/Mag tho. -Mag isn't a terrible flaw

this is probably in reference to in-game where starting stats matter. so probably means nothing post-game where only final class and mods matter (and this I already elaborated on)

Rinkah for Oni Savage but otherwise (if you're not too diehard for this pairing), then yea. it's probably better to swap to a different parent

I'll have to think a bit about the these two flaws, luckily I still have quite some time to do that.

Ah, so Kanna as a main story asset. That would explain her underwhelming performance and the resulting opinions I've seen. Makes it more likely to be useful for me then.

I shall use Camilla as a new mother for Velour then. The S-support is atrocious, but Velour has now become the priority.

You've been quite helpful, my thanks to you.

How does Mozume!Velour work out as a Berserker Class in Invisible Kingdom/Touma Path, and PvP.?

(Don't say Elfie(Already taken by Asama), Charlotte(Already Taken by Nishiki), and Camilla(Already Taken by Lazward) for Velour's Mom since they are already taken)

Edited by Tide of Waves

How does Mozume!Velour work out as a Berserker Class in Invisible Kingdom/Touma Path, and PvP.?

(Don't say Elfie(Already taken by Asama), Charlotte(Already Taken by Nishiki), and Camilla(Already Taken by Lazward) for Velour's Mom since they are already taken)

My personal picks would be either Hana (+1Str/+1Skill/+2Spd/-1Lck/-3Def/+1Res) or Azura(+1Skill/+3Spd/-3Def) to help against the flaws of Flannel. You'll get more Speed with both and even some Damage with Hana, which are stats - as far as I understood the Berserker class - rather beneficial. Anyone should correct me if I am wrong.

Mozume isn't a garbage mother, though imo not optimal for your wish (+1Skill/+1Spd/+1Lck/-2Res). I don't think the defense drop matters much with Berserker, but - full disclosure - I haven't played the game, so my advice is just an assumption out of what I gathered out of interest until now.

My personal picks would be either Hana (+1Str/+1Skill/+2Spd/-1Lck/-3Def/+1Res) or Azura(+1Skill/+3Spd/-3Def) to help against the flaws of Flannel. You'll get more Speed with both and even some Damage with Hana, which are stats - as far as I understood the Berserker class - rather beneficial. Anyone should correct me if I am wrong.

Mozume isn't a garbage mother, though imo not optimal for your wish (+1Skill/+1Spd/+1Lck/-2Res). I don't think the defense drop matters much with Berserker, but - full disclosure - I haven't played the game, so my advice is just an assumption out of what I gathered out of interest until now.

Hmm.. I see. o:

I also wish for advices on my pairing choices for the Revelation Path. Like member MonkeyCheez3K, most of these pairings are based on personal preference. I already have an optimized team planned out for the fully competitive side so I was hoping if these pairings have any uses for the multiplayer section.

Also apologies to MonkeyCheez3K for stealing your format but I really like the way you organize them.

These are the pairings that I am going to use. (Both parent and children)
MU!Lancer (Speed+/Luck-)/Azura - Shigure,Kanna
Ryoma/Camilla - Shinonome
Leo/Sakura - Foleo
Silas/Oboro - Sophie
Kaze/Felicia - Midoriko
Lazward/Kazahana - Soleil
Saizou/Belka - Gurei
Hinata/Pieri - Hisame
Zero/Setsuna - Eponne
Flannel/Effie - Velour
Thank you for reading! I will be waiting for your opinion and advice. :)

These are my pairings for my nohr path. I still don't really know who to pair Zero or Joker with.. The bottom 5 children I probably won't use, so I'd like to know what pairing's are best for the parents.

Kanna, Foleo - (spellcaster?)Kamui x Leon

Ophelia - Elise x Odin

Velour - Elfie x Flannel

Midoriko, Shigure - Suzukaze x Aqua

Deere - Joker x Camilla/?

Sophie - Cyrus x Belka

Eponine - Zero x Pieri/Camilla

Siegbert - Xander x Charlotte

Soleil - Lazwald x Luna

I figured this thread is the best place to drop this marriage chart from r/fireemblem.

gAb8GGj.png

To use it you just open up paint and move the units you want to pair together.

All credit goes windytown on the Fire Emblem reddit

Here is the link to the thread.

Us70d6Q.jpg

Used it, thanks owo

Edited by Eriotto

I wasn't sure if we got an exact answer, but I'll just state the scenario I'm in:

My female Kamui has Lancer as her secondary class. She married Silas and thus the Kanna I got had Dark Prince, Lancer, and Cavalier. Now I'm planning to marry this Kanna to Midoriko for Herb Merchant and that leaves the whole Buddy seal choice of Lutz, Shinonome, or Siegbert. One would think to pick Lutz cause the other two have the classes, but I need to ask. So here are my questions:

1. Which class does Midoriko get? I'm hoping she gets Cavalier, but I'm not completely sure if she gets that or Lancer

2. Which class of Kanna's takes priority in the buddy seal: the set parent (Kamui) or father(Silas)? If Lancer is Kanna's "primary class" (since he can't pass Dark Prince), does that mean if I buddy with Shinonome he'll get Cavalier and Kanna will get Samurai? Same goes for if Cavalier is the main class and Kanna buddys Siegbert?

Did that make sense?

I want you to help me with choosing... classes for some characters, however i'll post every parring so... let's get started:

Mamui/Zero - Dark Blood/sorc, nothing special, no need help there.
Azura/Tsukoyomi - will use them separatly so no problemo.
Felicia/Jacob - Just supports, no help there.
Silas/Mozume - Bowman Mozume for Silas, Bonus speed,skl and str always good, itsn't it?
Kaze/Kagerou - Kaze will stay as ninja however Kagerou will be Shura for str and def in def formation,this should work right?
Ryoma / Elise - Mine first problem, i want Shinonome to get Elise mag. growth but i have no idea what to do with them, Also i wanted to use Ryouma as a Paladin then what class for Elise will support him the most while not turning elise off fights (want her to use whatever magic weapon she can)

Takumi / Camilla - nothing much to do here, Takumi will be Camilla Def,slave in battle~
Sakura / Marx - Is Exorcist Sakura and trueblade Marx viable? Or rather if Sakura needs speed from trueblade. However Exorcist will give Marx additional spd, maybe not much but i think it can works (and I'm getting intresting sieg)
Saizou / Rinkah - Simply Ninja Saizou and Rinka Shura, I know Saizou like to have bonus speed, however i belive in him and his growths (lol), but if you have an idea if i can give rinka certain class adding Saizou speed then go ahead, maybe i missed something. :P
Asama / Hana - Dread Asama and trueblade Hana, both are getting what they need and we're getting good Mitama~
Setsuna / Hinata - Additional speed for blacksmith Hinata? I'll take it.
Tsubaki / Nyx - Shocksticks are comming! Nyx will be mainly in defense stance probably, however speed from Tsubaki can help her as well.
Oboro / Nishiki - Won't change anything there, they're perfect for me~

Leo/Hinoka - Bonus speed for Leo, nothing much to add.
Odin/ Orochi - Ophelia might not me fast, however Odin will get bonus speed from Orochi, and after marriage, they will probably swap Classes. Orochi Sorc for more bulk and Odin as Exorcist to speed up Orochi a little.
Lazward / Pieri - Probably won't use them much, will stay at deflaut classes (Hero,Paladin)

Effie/ Arthur - Effie likes Arthur class, doesn't she?

Belka / Benoit - Won't use them, i won't lie, however +6 def for Ignis will be kinda hillarious. (forgot to add, Wyvern lord Belka and Berserk Benoit, that's what i thought, may be viable?)

Charlotte / Flannel - for Flannel and Velour, Charlotte at def.stance is awesome i heard~

And now childs:

Shigure / Ophelia - Shigure as Basara and Ophelia as Sorc, I want to do Magic Shig, I can also re-class Shig for Sorc and Ophelia for Exorcist, don't know what's better :P
Kinu / Gurei - Kinu holy lancer (Fox with lance, it remainds me of Elsword Ara) and Gures as a dread fighter probably,fine bonuses for her i think~
Deere / Soleil - Will use them separatly, will stay in deflaut classes (Butler,Hero)

Kisaragi / Velour - Bowman and Berserk, Don't know if this is good choice, i mean pairing them, however i want to try, any suggestions?

Syalla / Foleo - Syalla will be strategist or exorcist and Foleo will be Sorc i think, if you have better combination in thier case, let me know~

Matoi / Siegbert - Matoi will be Sorc and Sieg will be exorcist, as a Def.stance buddy he will give her 4 mag 4 spd AND 2 mag from personal, Also he won't have that bad mag.growth as exorcist either.

Hisame / Sophie - I was thinking about bowman for Hisame and paladin for Sophie, should be fine?

Shinonome / Midoriko - Shinonome as Basara (hybrid i would say) and Midoriko as Holy lancer, no idea how they'll end up but i wanna see, if you have better ideas in thier case, tell me~

Mitama / Lutz - Dread fighter and Wyvern Lord, Both will give each other good pair up bonuses imo.

Well, that's all! I appreciate your help. c : I just bold parrings i'm intrested the most, sorry i didn't do it before, however i was exhausted (it was like 5.00 a.m so...)

Edited by Eriotto

I figured this thread is the best place to drop this marriage chart from r/fireemblem.

gAb8GGj.png

To use it you just open up paint and move the units you want to pair together.

All credit goes windytown on the Fire Emblem reddit

Here is the link to the thread.

Eup I already made my own. I went and edited mine... basically I know Nohr and Hoshido 100%, but IK... I still dunno.

I9DEF8B.png

cxFS0c3.png

Need suggestion for my Hoshido (Birthright) pairings:

HnhfqaX.jpg?1

1. Kaze x Felicia

2. Jakob x Azura

3. Tsukuyomi x Orochi

4. Subaki x Hinoka

5. Ryoma x Oboro

6. Hinata x Setsuna

7. Takumi x Hana

8. Saizou x Sakura

9. Asama x Rinkah

10. Nishiki x Kagerou

11. Silas x Mozume

12. Corrin x Hinoka!Matoi

Are these good?

What would be a good asset and flaw and secondary class if I plan to marry Hinoka!Matoi?

Edited by KamuiSama

Well, depends…are you concerned with main-game (no-grind), main-game (with grind) or postgame (grind assumed)?

From a postgame perspective, Hinoka!Matoi is +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res.

So she doesn't really have any particularly stellar modifiers (nothing above 3) and she has a defensive bent in her mods.

There are several ways you could go: SPD to make Kanna at least get +4 SPD (and possibly +4 Skl as well), Str because it will synergize with Matoi's all positive Str/Skl/Def mods (result: +5 Str, +4 Skl, +5 Def), etc. +MAG is an alternate choice if you want a simultaneous SPD and offense (MAG) boost, although its not as effective for SPD boosting as +SPD.

Well, depends…are you concerned with main-game (no-grind), main-game (with grind) or postgame (grind assumed)?

From a postgame perspective, Hinoka!Matoi is +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res.

So she doesn't really have any particularly stellar modifiers (nothing above 3) and she has a defensive bent in her mods.

There are several ways you could go: SPD to make Kanna at least get +4 SPD (and possibly +4 Skl as well), Str because it will synergize with Matoi's all positive Str/Skl/Def mods (result: +5 Str, +4 Skl, +5 Def), etc. +MAG is an alternate choice if you want a simultaneous SPD and offense (MAG) boost, although its not as effective for SPD boosting as +SPD.

Postgame...

Will it be good if I choose +Mag/-Def and Dark Mage as Secondary Class in Hoshido?

How would Orochi!Mitama turn out? AsamaxOrochi is one of my leftover pairings, but I'm hoping she can be a good hybrid unit.

It's meh. Asama's mods conflict with Orochi's a lot, especially considering his massive -3 Mag mod. Luckily, Mitama's Str will not be butchered since Orochi doe snot have a Str mod but still, she will not be a good hybrid and will be lackluster. If this is the only pair possible then go for it, but someone like Kagerou or Hana would be much better. If Kagerou is paired with Saizou, then I highly recommend switching. While Gurei's Spd will be horrible, he will make a great hybrid Basara, or Jounin that uses an Explosive Shuriken.

-You can buy skills from Streetpass matches after you've beaten them and save 5 units at the end of one playthrough in your logbook and then buy skills from them in another playthrough.

So... Once I beat the game I can buy INF# skills? How costly will those skills be? Or is it one skill from one unit? Very confused in what you actually try to say here...

So... Once I beat the game I can buy INF# skills? How costly will those skills be? Or is it one skill from one unit? Very confused in what you actually try to say here...

I'll specify a bit:

-When you beat someone's team online in a My Castle battle, you can select a unit from their team to purchase a skill from. You can give that skill to the equivalent unit in your army (for example, if you buy a skill from an enemy Ryoma, you can only give it to your Ryoma). Afterward, the unit you purchased a skill from will be added to your Logbook and you can purchase any of their skills again for a fee of gold. You can even purchase skills that the unit has learned but does not have equipped.

-after you beat the game, you can choose five units in your army to permanently add to the Logbook. You can then purchase skills from these units to use in other save files. For example, if you marry Ryoma to Camilla in Revelations, have him learn Overbearing, then add him to the Logbook after the ending, you can purchase that skill for him in a Birthright playthrough, netting him a skill he can't get otherwise.

-you can also use the card shop to purchase units on your Spotpass team and add them to the Logbook for a large fee.

When a unit is in the Logbook, you can buy skills from them infinitely and the cost depends on the skill.

Edited by gayserbeam

I'll specify a bit:

-When you beat someone's team online in a My Castle battle, you can select a unit from their team to purchase a skill from. You can give that skill to the equivalent unit in your army (for example, if you buy a skill from an enemy Ryoma, you can only give it to your Ryoma). Afterward, the unit you purchased a skill from will be added to your Logbook and you can purchase any of their skills again for a fee of gold. You can even purchase skills that the unit has learned but does not have equipped.

-after you beat the game, you can choose five units in your army to permanently add to the Logbook. You can then purchase skills from these units to use in other save files. For example, if you marry Ryoma to Camilla in Revelations, have him learn Overbearing, then add him to the Logbook after the ending, you can purchase that skill for him in a Birthright playthrough, netting him a skill he can't get otherwise.

-you can also use the card shop to purchase units on your Spotpass team and add them to the Logbook for a large fee.

When a unit is in the Logbook, you can buy skills from them infinitely and the cost depends on the skill.

Thanks gayserbeam! This helps alot :)

It's meh. Asama's mods conflict with Orochi's a lot, especially considering his massive -3 Mag mod. Luckily, Mitama's Str will not be butchered since Orochi doe snot have a Str mod but still, she will not be a good hybrid and will be lackluster. If this is the only pair possible then go for it, but someone like Kagerou or Hana would be much better. If Kagerou is paired with Saizou, then I highly recommend switching. While Gurei's Spd will be horrible, he will make a great hybrid Basara, or Jounin that uses an Explosive Shuriken.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I was hoping to use her as a Basara. Would Mitama still be a poor unit from an in-game perspective, or would she still be lackluster compared to the other children?

Oh, that's unfortunate. I was hoping to use her as a Basara. Would Mitama still be a poor unit from an in-game perspective, or would she still be lackluster compared to the other children?

In-game, max mods don't really matter since you should not be completely focused on min-maxing, so while she would not be as good as other child units, she would still be usable. But it is most certainly not a good unit for post game PvP.