Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Hey all, I have Birthright and I wanted to know if the following pairings are good for the respective children:

Azura x Takumi = Shigure & Kiragi (Kiragi likes it fine, since Azura"s frail growths don't affect a ranged attacker. Shigure is fine Growth wise, but Takumi"s Archer isn't super useful on him)

FeMU x Kaden = Kana & Selkie

Felicia x Hayato = Rhajat (Works well)

Sakura x Asama = Mitama (Probably the closest you can get to a mixed Mitama in general.)

Setsuna x Jakob = Dwyer (Honestly, I don't think Setsuna is that great for any child on Birthright, since all she gives is a lot of Speed. Dwyers a little slow, so I guess it works.)

Oboro x Subaki = Caeldori (great all around, no complaints)

Kagero x Ryoma = Shiro (super strong and good class options. No complaints).

Rinka x Kaze = Midori (This pairing is a lot better for the parents than Midori herself, but she's super specific to make right, you need to go pretty far out of your way.)

Hinoka x Silas = Sophie (great for everyone involved)

Orochi x Saizo = Asugi (Magic Asugi is best Asugi. Saizo can even go Diviner if you want).

Hana x Hinata = Hisame (pretty decent all around. Savages class options help Hana's bulk a good deal)

My FeMU's boon and bane will be +Spd and -Lck (to benefit Selkie), not sure about class yet though, maybe Dark Knight since there are none in Hoshido?. I also intend on trying to play Lunatic.

Thank you!

Comments to be updated soon Edited by Avalanche

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to start a Revelations save file, but would love some feedback on pairings before I get into it.

Pairings that are pretty much set in stone:

Silas x Mozu

Tsubaki x Selena

Ryouma x Rinka

and the rest:

FeMu x either Takumi or Suzukaze. Whichever child needs FeMu more, I suppose. Planning on doing +Skl/-Def. I do like the idea of a green haired avatar + green-haired Midoriko (for matching brows!), though.

Aqua x Suzukaze (or someone else, if I pair him off with FeMu)

Jakob x Oboro

Saizou x Orochi

Asama x Effie

Hayato x Sakura

Hinata x Peri

Kaden x Setsuna

Harold x Kagerou

Odin x Felicia

Niles x Elise

Lazward x Hana

Benoit x Belka

Leon x Nyx

Flannel x Camilla

Marx x Hinoka

Not sure where to put Charlotte. I had originally paired her with Saizou, but Orochi seems solid if I want to make the most out of Gurei's already stellar magic growths.

so I have Kana with class set: Nohr Princess, Ninja, Wolfskin (her mother is Velouria), who's the better hubby for her between Oboro!Kiragi and Setsuna!Hisame? Kiragi will give her Archer class, while Hisame will give her Samurai..

I'm about to start a Revelations save file, but would love some feedback on pairings before I get into it.

Pairings that are pretty much set in stone:

Silas x Mozu

Tsubaki x Selena

Ryouma x Rinka

and the rest:

FeMu x either Takumi or Suzukaze. Whichever child needs FeMu more, I suppose. Planning on doing +Skl/-Def. I do like the idea of a green haired avatar + green-haired Midoriko (for matching brows!), though.

Aqua x Suzukaze (or someone else, if I pair him off with FeMu)

Jakob x Oboro

Saizou x Orochi

Asama x Effie

Hayato x Sakura

Hinata x Peri

Kaden x Setsuna

Harold x Kagerou

Odin x Felicia

Niles x Elise

Lazward x Hana

Benoit x Belka

Leon x Nyx

Flannel x Camilla

Marx x Hinoka

Not sure where to put Charlotte. I had originally paired her with Saizou, but Orochi seems solid if I want to make the most out of Gurei's already stellar magic growths.

As long as the kid is physical, Charlotte is great for them. I think she's technically Siegbert"s best mom and Xander's best pair up if that helps. Everything seems pretty good, but I'd maybe replace Oboro with Charlotte for Jakob and give Oboro to someone like Kaden. Edited by Avalanche

FloraxMaMU(Ninja)
Master Ninja
Sol, Aether, Resistance +2, Replicate, Kunaifaire

Think this unit could tank well enough to get use out of her personal, or is there a better class for MaMU to bestow (I'm very partial to Replicate and kunai debuffs)? I want to make her tanky as possible.

Alternately, what about this?

(+SKL/-LUC)FeMU!Soleil
Nohrian Trust, Hoshidan Unity, Replicate, Draconic Hex, (Warp/Trigger Skill)

supported by

(")FeMU
Replicate, Aegis, Pavise, Sol, Aether.
Edited by Butterfly Pink

so I have Kana with class set: Nohr Princess, Ninja, Wolfskin (her mother is Velouria), who's the better hubby for her between Oboro!Kiragi and Setsuna!Hisame? Kiragi will give her Archer class, while Hisame will give her Samurai..

I would say Hisame. He gives her much more such as Astra and Life or Death. If you get Kana to buddy Midori, she then get Apothecary and get Spendthrift from Merchant which will just be OP af, alongside Wolfssegners Str. Who is Velouria's mother actually?

I would say Hisame. He gives her much more such as Astra and Life or Death. If you get Kana to buddy Midori, she then get Apothecary and get Spendthrift from Merchant which will just be OP af, alongside Wolfssegners Str. Who is Velouria's mother actually?

Yeah I was inclined to choose Hisame for her and buddy Midori lol

it's Camilla!Velouria :)

Now I'm torn.. because in my plan, if Hisame married Kana, then Midori will get Kiragi and that means Kiragi won't get any class from Partner Seal since he already got Herb Merchant from Oboro.. :(

Edited by KamuiSama

Thank you! What pairings would you recommend for those that you don't think would fit well?

Your Pairings are really solid, but one change I do recommend is moving Azura to Jakob and Mozu (who I don't believe you Paired at all) to Takumi. Azura makes Jakob's son quite powerful (far more so than Setsuna at least) and Jakob give's Azura's son decent Growths and Wyvern Rider for some completely unknown reason. For Mozu's part, she get's Spear Fighter from Takumi (if you decided to keep her a Villager she can use her Lance Rank in a 100% better class) and Kiragi can at least pretend to have a niche by way of Aptitude (doods like the most obsolete kid, so he'll take ANYTHING to separate him from his old man...). Also, I would actually encourage you to take a Strength Boon over Speed. Reason being that you can actually make Selkie a decent attacker (remember, Growths for kids are now only derivative of the variable parent, not both like in Awakening) instead of making the fastest (I think?) Hoshido kid even faster.

Edited by Avalanche

Your Pairings are really solid, but one change I do recommend is moving Azura to Jakob and Mozu (who I don't believe you Paired at all) to Takumi. Azura makes Jakob's son quite powerful (far more so than Setsuna at least) and Jakob give's Azura's son decent Growths and Wyvern Rider for some completely unknown reason. For Mozu's part, she get's Spear Fighter from Takumi (if you decided to keep her a Villager she can use her Lance Rank in a 100% better class) and Kiragi can at least pretend to have a niche by way of Aptitude (doods like the most obsolete kid, so he'll take ANYTHING to separate him from his old man...). Also, I would actually encourage you to take a Strength Boon over Speed. Reason being that you can actually make Selkie a decent attacker (remember, Growths for kids are now only derivative of the variable parent, not both like in Awakening) instead of making the fastest (I think?) Hoshido kid even faster.

Okay. I will give Azura to Jakob. What about if I give Mozu to Hinata and Hana to Takumi? Are those good?

Thanks again!

Okay. I will give Azura to Jakob. What about if I give Mozu to Hinata and Hana to Takumi? Are those good?

Thanks again!

Sure, go for it. Hana is better as Takumis partner (he loves extra Speed) and Hana!Kiragi works fine. Mozu!Hisame does face class overlap (he already gets MoA via Samurai), but is fine otherwise.

I already married my Avatar to Azura, which means that I lose out on a kid. Here are my planned pairings:

-Ryoma/Kagero

-Hinata/Setsuna

-Saizo/Orochi

-Hayato/Sakura

-Kaze/Mozu

-Azama/Felicia

I'm not sure on how I should arrange Oboro, Takumi, Silas, Hana, Rinkah, Subaki, Hinoka, and Kaden (and possibly Jakob). Advice/feedback on current pairings/leftovers?

Edited by ChaosGallade

Quick question, how would I be able to get all the kids in birthright with a male MU? I heard that it is impossible to get it if I pair up my MU and azura. Is it true that my MU must marry either reina or scarlet in order for me to obtain every children?

Quick question, how would I be able to get all the kids in birthright with a male MU? I heard that it is impossible to get it if I pair up my MU and azura. Is it true that my MU must marry either reina or scarlet in order for me to obtain every children?

Yes, or you can marry yourself to a child.

Dragon Fang deals the higher damage, Luna has a bit of a higher Trigger rate. Skills such as Quioxtic can mend this, however.

I see.. so for 2nd gen Dragon Fang is better then. Thank you!

Yeah I've been working on grabbing Hoshidan Unity + Dragon Fang for the children

same here lol... Rend Heaven is good but it doesn't work well with Magic user because physical enemies tend to have 0 Strength and vice versa. Also Quixotic is like double edged sword, I hate to give enemies more hit to counter attack.

Hey guys, so when Revelations comes out Thursday, I was planning to make my first run on it Lunatic.

However, I'm stuck on my avatar's boon/bane, especially since I want this run to be my main run/castle, etc. so I'll be investing all my postgame grinding stuff in this file.

I was thinking either +Spd/-Lck or +Mag/-Lck (since I do kind of want to end as a witch, nohr noble or dread fighter-though mag doesn't matter for this but still).

The major difference that I'm concerned with is just the Spd mod being 2 less with +Mag/-Lck. Plus I'll be marrying Kaze, and I've done +Spd/-Lck, but the -2 Str mods kind of kills the kids so I was thinking the +Mag would let them be good in Mag at least. Is Spd really that much more viable in Lunatic? I've never tried a different asset and flaw for Lunatic... I mean +6 Spd is still amazing lol but I'm spoiled with the +8 and plus that means my avatar gets +2..

Oh and the kids' stats with +Spd/-Lck :

HP | Str | Mag | Skl | Spd | Lck | Def | Res:

0 | (-2) | (0) | (5) | (8) | (-2) | (0) | (2)

And +Mag/-Lck:

HP | Str | Mag | Skl | Spd | Lck | Def | Res:

0 | (-2) | (4) | (3) | (6) | (-4) | (0) | (4)

Edited by Elif

(Planning out my Revelation team, I intend to use the Midori Miracletank but aren't sure on the details)

Mozu!Midori(Basara)

Quixotic

Hoshidan Unity

Luck+4

Miracle

Shadowgift

(or instead of Miracle, should I give her another MU inheritance of Nohrian Trust, and give her partner Miracle and Vantage? (and I guess Dual Guarder if I can get it idk)

I always see her paired with Mozu!Siegbert, but I have other plans for Xander? Using an Orochi!Forrest (Basara) and the statue, and I guess Rally Luck, can this Midori get 100% activation without potions? (I'm not going for someone who can solo everything, just a reliable tank)

(I also thought about, instead of giving her Miracle at all, if she needed another skill slot to get that chance up, could she feed off of Kaze's personal?)

Hi guys, may I have some suggestions for my Midori 'card'.

Her mother would be +luck -skill avatar.

Class: Basara

Skill: Hoshidan Unity, Nohrian Trust, Quixotic, Luck + 4 and Vantages

She would also carry a Basara character in guard stance, with skills: Miracle, Astra, Vengeance, Aegis and Pavise.

Therefore, her final Miracle activation rate would be 35 + 4 + 5 (from Basara she carries) + 3 (personal stats) + 8 (statues) + 40 (from personal skill, Hoshidan Unity and Quixotic) = 100%

When the bold stance skill gets released, I might considered to use it instead of luck + 4 and use rally or potion to boost the activation up to 100.

Hi guys, may I have some suggestions for my Midori 'card'.

Her mother would be +luck -skill avatar.

Class: Basara

Skill: Hoshidan Unity, Nohrian Trust, Quixotic, Luck + 4 and Vantages

She would also carry a Basara character in guard stance, with skills: Miracle, Astra, Vengeance, Aegis and Pavise.

Therefore, her final Miracle activation rate would be 35 + 4 + 5 (from Basara she carries) + 3 (personal stats) + 8 (statues) + 40 (from personal skill, Hoshidan Unity and Quixotic) = 100%

When the bold stance skill gets released, I might considered to use it instead of luck + 4 and use rally or potion to boost the activation up to 100.

Looks pretty good!

Actually, the boost from Hoshidan Unity, Quixotic and her personal skill adds up to 45%.

I'd personally remove one of the procs on the pair-up Basara to Aether or Sol so Midori has some sort of recovery so she can trigger Miracle again. And a +Luck avatar isn't required! She can reach 100% with a +Spd/-Skl Avatar too, which could be more beneficial for her (so that others don't double her when she's at 1 HP) or +Str (though Kaze's mods might get in the way for Str). Also, you can pair her up with a Basara that she can support and who gives Lck boost in pair up! If you choose someone like that, you could remove Luck +4 if you want and add Renewal instead, that is, if I'm doing my math correctly haha. : )