So I have the game now...

raazychx

And I'm playing on the Nohr path... I just arrived at the My Castle.

I'm so excited to play this game. Can't read Japanese worth a darn, but I finally got through the menus and such...

And I'm playing on the Nohr path... I just arrived at the My Castle.

I'm so excited to play this game. Can't read Japanese worth a darn, but I finally got through the menus and such...

Same here. I'm playing Nohr and can't read a lick of Japanese either, but nonetheless, it's an exciting game! My understanding of the game's story comes from the live-streams I've watched, translations of everything FE:if-related on the forums here (Tumblr, too), and my interpretation of the cutscenes. The rest of it --- like the menus and the gameplay --- is not that bad. I'm on Chapter 10, so can't wait to play more!

You choose Mamui or Femui?

Edited by flannnnnnel

Same here. I'm playing Nohr and can't read a lick of Japanese either, but nonetheless, it's an exciting game! My understanding of the game's story comes from the live-streams I've watched, translations of everything FE:if-related on the forums here (Tumblr, too), and my interpretation of the cutscenes. The rest of it --- like the menus and the gameplay --- is not that bad. I'm on Chapter 10, so can't wait to play more!

Chose Mamui. Normally, I play a female (I'm male), but since I'm just doing a trial run of the game, if you will, I'm trying to just play my way through.

I really wish I had access to a Japanese teacher...

Sounds it will be rough if you cant read the language heck if that is the case how are you going to manage the narrative or supports?

Chose Mamui. Normally, I play a female (I'm male), but since I'm just doing a trial run of the game, if you will, I'm trying to just play my way through.

Just so you all know, I translated menus here, (they're on the forums as a stickied thread, too) and chapter information here, and...story summaries and all that : ) And if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Character profiles are around too but may have spoilers and such, well more than the above sections. : )

Edited by Kirokan

Thank you so much, Kirokan. I have a small problem, I'm trying to figure out how to learn skills via My Castle... Can you show me how that's done? I succeeded once, but I don't quite remember the path.

I know you have to have money for it, but I'm trying to learn skills way early in the game. A lot of people are leaving their avatars open for skill learning, which is cool. I want to learn a few in particular...

Thank you so much, Kirokan. I have a small problem, I'm trying to figure out how to learn skills via My Castle... Can you show me how that's done? I succeeded once, but I don't quite remember the path.

I know you have to have money for it, but I'm trying to learn skills way early in the game. A lot of people are leaving their avatars open for skill learning, which is cool. I want to learn a few in particular...

You're welcome! I have not actually covered a lot of My Castle yet, but there is an entire thread dedicated to it, so perhaps you may find help there? : )

I figured it out. One has to choose a second option, and not the first option, after defeating the enemy avatar.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think you also have to choose to invade their castle, and not defend from the enemy.

I chose Femui (I'm a chick, so I prefer playing as chicks, haha!) for my first playthrough, but I might play as Mamui on my second or third playthrough (or on the Hoshido path). How far have you gotten in the game? I'm going on Chapter 17; the game's so awesome!

A Japanese teacher would be nice... But at least there are a lot of fan translations available! :-D

Hope you're enjoying the game!!

I'm on chapter 12 in the Nohr path right now. I'm playing Classic/Normal, and I make mistakes here or there that kill my units. I was on the last few turns, too >.<

On the bright side, I've collected skills I've needed to collect. I'm only missing a Dark Knight skill (Magic -6).