Sorry if this a dumb question but... Does the effect of Cost 4/3 Mamori protects Armor units from being destroyed completely? Like, you can't even kill them by attacking?
I asking because when I read the effect I though it mean that it protects them of being destroyed by effects only, but my friend says is for being destroyed of every way. So wich is correct?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this a dumb question but... Does the effect of Cost 4/3 Mamori protects Armor units from being destroyed completely? Like, you can't even kill them by attacking?

I asking because when I read the effect I though it mean that it protects them of being destroyed by effects only, but my friend says is for being destroyed of every way. So wich is correct?

No, it's just movement (e.g - Marth) and destruction effects (e.g - Gaius, Camilla). They can still be defeated by a battle.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Hello guys! Just a quick question about moving units around the front line and backline, can movement skills like flyer's support skills apply to Lords/MC as well? i.e. moving them from front line to backline? and also, can you move tapped allies from front to backline/vice versa?

Thanks! :D

I just want to clarify the ruling on Selkie's (Promoted) [Hoshido] skill, where she gains 10 attack per unit deployed, on the comments section on the wiki it says, that her attack boost also works during the enemy's turn but limited to once a turn. Is that the official ruling for that skill? So you can gain attack multiple times during your turn assuming you fulfill the condition by deploying units but when it's the enemy's turn its limited to one, thus Selkie's max Attack during opponents turn can only be 70 Attack?

I just want to clarify the ruling on Selkie's (Promoted) [Hoshido] skill, where she gains 10 attack per unit deployed, on the comments section on the wiki it says, that her attack boost also works during the enemy's turn but limited to once a turn. Is that the official ruling for that skill? So you can gain attack multiple times during your turn assuming you fulfill the condition by deploying units but when it's the enemy's turn its limited to one, thus Selkie's max Attack during opponents turn can only be 70 Attack?

No, it seems whoever wrote that comment screwed up a bit.

The effect is that she gains 10 attack per unit deployed during either turn, until the end of that turn. During the opponent's turn, it is not limited. I fixed the comment up.

No, it seems whoever wrote that comment screwed up a bit.

The effect is that she gains 10 attack per unit deployed during either turn, until the end of that turn. During the opponent's turn, it is not limited. I fixed the comment up.

I see! Thanks for clarifying that, it makes Selkie more appealing as a MC.

Hello! I was wondering if units like Chrom and Henry trigger their own skills whenever they class change? Like if Chrom was my MC and I promoted him to his Cost 4, would he get a +20 boost and do double damage for the turn on top of drawing a card for Class Changing or does his effect only apply to ally units who class change after his Cost 4 is on the field?

Hello! I was wondering if units like Chrom and Henry trigger their own skills whenever they class change? Like if Chrom was my MC and I promoted him to his Cost 4, would he get a +20 boost and do double damage for the turn on top of drawing a card for Class Changing or does his effect only apply to ally units who class change after his Cost 4 is on the field?

It's as you said, it's when another unit class changed for both Chdom and Henry. They don't activate their own effects on their own class change.

Hi! Sorry if this was asked before but I felt like I couldn't really find an answer:

Do promoted and leveled up units retain skills from the cards they used to be?

For example if i used a cost 1 Lucina, B01-056HN then level it to cost 2, P04-010PR and then finally class change to a B04-064Sr. Would I be able to use "enlightened edge" on top of "princess of the future", and while we're at it, "name of the Hero King" as well?

Hi! Sorry if this was asked before but I felt like I couldn't really find an answer:

Do promoted and leveled up units retain skills from the cards they used to be?

For example if i used a cost 1 Lucina, B01-056HN then level it to cost 2, P04-010PR and then finally class change to a B04-064Sr. Would I be able to use "enlightened edge" on top of "princess of the future", and while we're at it, "name of the Hero King" as well?

When you level up or class change a unit, the unit cannot use previous skills from cards underneath. Unless it is stated: it probably won't happen though.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked.

1. If the main character of a deck only makes you lose one orb, and you have 5, how do you lose the other 4?

2. Is there a reason to believe this will ever come over seas or is it japan-only?

2. Is there a reason to believe this will ever come over seas or is it japan-only?

There's been no word at all about an international release, either for or against, but it's pretty unlikely to happen.

1. If the main character of a deck only makes you lose one orb, and you have 5, how do you lose the other 4?

You lose an orb every time your Main Character is hit while they are attacking your main character.

Oh. So if the MC dies it helps because you stop losing orbs?

The MC doesn't die. It remains on the field even if it gets defeated. Every time your MC gets defeated by their attack you lose an orb. You lose when your hit again while at 0 orbs.

I know its been asked before probably, But being new to cipher, I read that the Lucina card with the Ability that treats her name as Marth cant support, but can crit and evade using him, and vice versa. But can they both be on the field at the same time? I think no, cuz of her ability... Just looking for clarification on this.

My question is for Mist's (B03-006SR) ability, Sonic Sword. Does the tome affinity replace her original sword affinity? So if she faces an "Armor Expertise" unit (Draug, Effie, etc.), does Armor Expertise trigger?

My question is for Mist's (B03-006SR) ability, Sonic Sword. Does the tome affinity replace her original sword affinity? So if she faces an "Armor Expertise" unit (Draug, Effie, etc.), does Armor Expertise trigger?

The Tome affinity doesn't replace her sword affinity, the official card text in Japanese practically states that she gains the effect of 1-2 range and her attack and also gains a Tome affinity, it doesn't replace. It would be considered both.

Armor Expertise wouldn't trigger, because it only triggers if the attacker is not a Tome attacker -> Mist's attack would be considered both Sword and Tome.

The Tome affinity doesn't replace her sword affinity, the official card text in Japanese practically states that she gains the effect of 1-2 range and her attack and also gains a Tome affinity, it doesn't replace. It would be considered both.

Armor Expertise wouldn't trigger, because it only triggers if the attacker is not a Tome attacker -> Mist's attack would be considered both Sword and Tome.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification.

I have a question regarding this line:

The total cost of all units played during this phase may not exceed the cards in your bond area (1 card means one cost 1 unit, 2 cards mean two cost 1s or one cost 2, 5 cards means one cost 5, five cost 1s, a cost 2 and a cost 3, etc.)

Does that count only the top cards or all cards in the stack? (In the vanguard and rearguard area of course)