[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

Thats the issue Xanek, i end up with a message immediately after the "done!" that it crashed...

The second time I used the patcher, it crashed for me at that exact moment three times before it worked (the first time patching, it crashed once, then worked)...so at least keep trying...probably?

Edited by Kitsunin

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just to be clear, once Ninjhax 2.0 which supports 9.8 comes out (?), I can use my 9.8.0-25U 3DS and a FEIF special edition cart JPN and my SD card to play this patch? Just want to plan ahead in case I end up want to play it and need to buy stuffses

so now that Ninjhax 2.0 is out i was wondering if it's possible? I have: 3ds, SD card, and id need to buy: FEIF Special edition cart and Cubic Ninja?

also, if it does work, would i still be able to get the 3rd path dlc?

so now that Ninjhax 2.0 is out i was wondering if it's possible? I have: 3ds, SD card, and id need to buy: FEIF Special edition cart and Cubic Ninja?

also, if it does work, would i still be able to get the 3rd path dlc?

No, you can't use the patch with Ninjhax 2.0. To use the patch you need to use a CFW/Gateway and Ninjhax 2.0 can't run any CFW (or even Gateway for that matter).

Same goes for the third path DLC. If you really want to download the DLC with your FEif Special Edition cartridge, you'll need a Japanese 3DS (or a Japanese emuNAND). Right now, to play the game on your NA 3DS is, you'll have to use regionFOUR.

Edited by Linkmstr

Right now, to play the game on your NA 3DS is, you'll have to use regionFOUR.

Ninjhax 2.0 works just as well as RegionFOUR, I can play it just fine on 9.8, albeit in Japanese which I can't read, and to my knowledge with no access to the 3rd path either.

Ninjhax 2.0 works just as well as RegionFOUR, I can play it just fine on 9.8, albeit in Japanese which I can't read, and to my knowledge with no access to the 3rd path either.

Well, Ninjhax 2.0 has a better regionFOUR-like homebrew app, but yeah, even if you can play it, you can't exactly play the third path since it requires to connect to the Japanese eShop servers and a NA/EU 3DS can't do that. Well, there's still a year before the expiration date to claim the third path so maybe something will happen during that time in the 3DS hacking scene. :p

So the amiibo prompts are still untranslated.

I'm guessing these are to pick a gift item from the amiibo?

This is after talking to Lucina for the first time

woBgkx5.png?1

This is after talking to Robin for the first time

eI5CkTP.png?1

Edited by Xanek

Hello, I just wanted to point out a broken link that currently resides in a list of instructions that show how to download rxTools with only using cubic ninja. To be more specific, the very first one. I found the list of instructions in one of the links provided by SciresM's pastebin post.

I wanted to point this out just incase you all decided use the same pastebin post to instruct others on how to download the new, upcoming patch.

I would also like to thank you guys for translating this game for those who cannot understand the japanese language; especially when none of you are being paid to do this.

So the amiibo prompts are still untranslated.

I'm guessing these are to pick a gift item from the amiibo?

This is after talking to Lucina for the first time

woBgkx5.png?1

This is after talking to Robin for the first time

eI5CkTP.png?1

Yes, they're gift items. From the looks of it, we don't have those files.

Edit: jk we have it it's just still in raw

I wanted to point this out just incase you all decided use the same pastebin post to instruct others on how to download the new, upcoming patch.

The guide will be updated before the next patch (1.5 days).

Edited by luyairis

As long as I am here do you all mind if I ask a question?

If I decide to use these patches, will I be able to do so on a 2ds with the appropriate firmware? A simple yes or no would satisfy me just fine since I know that you all must have been bombarded with multiple, technical questions at this point.

As long as I am here do you all mind if I ask a question?

If I decide to use these patches, will I be able to do so on a 2ds with the appropriate firmware? A simple yes or no would satisfy me just fine since I know that you all must have been bombarded with multiple, technical questions at this point.

Yes

I'm assuming DLC is at the very end of the list of things to be translated?

There is 3 items from the Awakening DLC and a few options in the Paradise DLC that aren't translated.

Also the victory conditions in the DLC are untranslated.

Edited by Xanek

I'm assuming DLC is at the very end of the list of things to be translated?

There is 3 items from the Awakening DLC and a few options in the Paradise DLC that aren't translated.

Also the victory conditions in the DLC are untranslated.

Okay so it probably isn't very clear but really, the group translators pick what they want to work. Conveniently, the translators each just so happen to be working on a separate path.

I played the DLC and it's pretty short, so as soon as I get the .bin.lz files I'll probably translate them asap.

I think there is a mistake on the Mission Objective of Nohr 12. It said "Rout the enemy or Break Through in 16 turns"

I defeated Ryouma on turn 15, and he wasn't the last man standing. I hadn't sent Kamui to "break through" too... but the chapter ended!

Damn. i still had mooks to kill, and worse, the right-most chest wasn't open yet. Isn't "Rout the Enemy" supposed to be "Defeat Boss", here? Also, anyone know what was in that chest i missed? I have only the armorslayer... i made a separate save afterwards, so if it isn't anything special i'll just move on.

I think there is a mistake on the Mission Objective of Nohr 12. It said "Rout the enemy or Break Through in 16 turns"

I defeated Ryouma on turn 15, and he wasn't the last man standing. I hadn't sent Kamui to "break through" too... but the chapter ended!

Damn. i still had mooks to kill, and worse, the right-most chest wasn't open yet. Isn't "Rout the Enemy" supposed to be "Defeat Boss", here? Also, anyone know what was in that chest i missed? I have only the armorslayer... i made a separate save afterwards, so if it isn't anything special i'll just move on.

Nope. You'll notice "Rout the Enemy" and "Defeat Commander" are two different conditions. "Rout the Enemy" is basically another way of saying, "Defeat everybody." "Defeat Commander" is pretty much self-explanatory.

To win that map, you can either kill everybody , or basically have somebody walk right past Ryouma onto a red box, select the green option, then select "yes"..

http://prntscr.com/7wg607<-- Screenshot of victory conditions in the code.

(I mean think about it: If you defeated Ryouma and you didn't win, "Defeat Boss" would be an incorrect victory condition)

Edited by luyairis

Nope. You'll notice "Rout the Enemy" and "Defeat Commander" are two different conditions. "Rout the Enemy" is basically another way of saying, "Defeat everybody." "Defeat Commander" is pretty much self-explanatory.

To win that map, you can either kill everybody , or basically have somebody walk right past Ryouma onto a red box, select the green option, then select "yes"..

http://prntscr.com/7wg607<-- Screenshot of victory conditions in the code.

(I mean think about it: If you defeated Ryouma and you didn't win, "Defeat Boss" would be an incorrect victory condition)

But i defeated Ryouma and that's when the chapter ended! not the end of turn 16, and there were still mooks

I can confirm this. Chapter also ends when defeating Ryouma.

I'll have a proofreader check it then, thanks! (This was when we were still doing public edits, so that could be why...I'll check edit history later).

Also btw, the other chest was just 5,000g. Though that may be extremely helpful if you're doing Nohr. (I personally didn't get it on my Lunatic run but eh...whatever)

I'll have a proofreader check it then, thanks! (This was when we were still doing public edits, so that could be why...I'll check edit history later).

Also btw, the other chest was just 5,000g. Though that may be extremely helpful if you're doing Nohr. (I personally didn't get it on my Lunatic run but eh...whatever)

ah, yes, definitively worth doubling back, especially because i didn't get the big prize from visiting all the houses in the show chapter (8, i think). I'm running low on money...

Do you know when the chapter translation patch will be out? Not trying to rush you or anything.

Please try not to ask the same question on both threads.

We've already answered this question, it will mostly like be released today or tomorrow. We're still doing some checks, and also the FAQ needs to be entirely rewritten.

Please try not to ask the same question on both threads.

We've already answered this question, it will mostly like be released today or tomorrow. We're still doing some checks, and also the FAQ needs to be entirely rewritten.

First of all sorry for double posting, I'm new and I didn't know how to delete/edit my first post. Secondly, thanks for answering.

Would anyone happen to know if there is amiibo support on new 3ds xl version 9.0? I am currently running on this version and while selecting amiibo at my castle I just get an error message? If it's not possible for versions under 9.2 then how are people obtaining the amiibo characters?

Would anyone happen to know if there is amiibo support on new 3ds xl version 9.0? I am currently running on this version and while selecting amiibo at my castle I just get an error message? If it's not possible for versions under 9.2 then how are people obtaining the amiibo characters?

The amiibo feature on New3DS appeared on firmware 9.3. If you want amiibos to work without updating your New3DS's sysNAND, you'll have to somehow create EmuNAND and update that to 9.3.