Order of Operations in Base Stat Calcs for Kids?

astrophys

From the posted information:

Notes:

• The childrens’ actual base stats = [(mother’s current stats – mother’s class base stats) + (father’s current stats – father’s class base stats) + child’s absolute base stats] / 3 + child’s class base stats
  • The later you recruit a child, the higher their Level and stats. If their initial Level is higher than 10, add the corresponding number of Level Ups using the child’s growth rates in their current class to estimate their stats.

My question: When adding in the child's level ups….

Do you calculate them first to modify the kid's absolute base stats and then calculate the actuals, or do you calculate the absolute base stats (using the stated absolutes in the chart) and then add in the amounts of level ups to the result?

It makes more sense for the child's absolute base stats to be factored in first, determine the actual Level 10 base stats, and then account for the levelups. This is the only way their stats can be expected to be about the same as if you had actually recruited them at level 10 and leveled them normally

So, do I understand this correctly? (I apologize in advance for using Matoi as an example again… I've been focusing my examples on her because I'm planning to pair her with my Avatar, so naturally I was a bit apprehensive about making sure she'd turn out good).

And in any event, if I can show that I can do it correctly in calculating her results, then in principle I can do it correctly of ANY of the children.

To check my understanding, I'm going to run the calculations for one kid (Matoi)… is this the right idea? (I'm not asking you to check every single number, only that the general flow of my procedure seems to make sense)

Subaki - Joins at level 5

22 Hp, 8 Str, 0 Mag, 13 Skl, 10 Spd, 7 Lck, 9 Def, 10 Res, 7 move

Has 15 levels that he can gain before 20/0; on Average:

30 Hp, 14 Str, 3 Mag, 22 Skl , 15 Spd, 13 Lck, 15 Def, 13 Res

Hinoka - Joins at level 8

23 Hp, 9 Str, 4 Mag, 13 Skl, 16 Spd, 12 Lck, 9 Def, 15 Res

Has 12 levels that she can gain before 20/0; on average:

28 HP, 15 Str, 5 Mag, 19 Skl, 23 Spd , 19 Lck, 13 Def, 22 Res

Pegasus Knight base stats:

16 HP, 3 Str, 0 Mag, 5 Skl, 7 Spd, 4 Lck, 2 Def, 6 Res

Difference between Subaki's current and Pegasus base stats:

14 Hp, 11 Str, 3 Mag, 17 Skl, 8 Spd, 9 Lck, 13 Def, 7 Res

Difference between Hinoka's current and Pegasus base stats:

12 Hp, 12 Str, 5 Mag, 14 Skl, 16 Spd, 15 Lck, 11 Def, 16 Res

Matoi's absolute base stats:

8 HP, 8 Str, 3 Mag, 5 Skl, 6 Spd, 9 Lck, 5 Def, 6 Res

Average these… (I'll round down when /3 gives a fraction)

11 HP, 10 Str, 3 Mag, 12 Skl, 10 Spd, 11 Lck, 9 Def, 9 Res

Add in Pegasus base stats

27 HP, 13 Str, 3 Mag, 17 Skl, 17 Spd, 15 Lck, 11 Def, 15 Res

Now, whether by recruitment at that level or leveling after the fact, give Matoi 10 levels at her growth rates [i'm rounding down in all calculations, so some of the values might actually be understated]

+5 Hp, +4 Str, +1 Mag, + 5 Skl, +5 Spd, +5 Lck, +3 Def, +4 Res

20/0 Pegasus Warrior Matoi, recruited from average outcomes of 20/0 Subaki and 20/0 Hinoka

32 HP, 17 Str, 4 Mag, 22 Skl, 22 Spd, 20 Lck, 14 Def, 19 Res

Promotion bonus to get to level 1 Falcon Warrior:

+2 Hp, +2 Str, +4 Mag, +1 Skl, +3 Spd, +1 Lck, +3 Def, +3 Res

34 Hp, 19 Str, 8 Mag, 23 Skl, 25 Spd, 21 Lck, 17 Def, 22 Res

Gain 19 levels of growth to get to 20/20 Falcon Warrior:

+9 Hp, +8 Str, +5 Mag, +10 Skl, +9 Spd, +10 Lck, +7 Def, +7 Res

20/20 Falcon Warrior Result (might be slight underestimate due to systematic round downs)

43 HP, 27 Str, 13 Mag, 33 Skl -> 32 Skl (capped), 34 Spd (capped), 31 Lck, 24 Def, 29 Res

Would this be roughly the right procedure? I won't do this for the others for a long time (not until the game is closer to coming out for the US), but if I can confirm that this is the correct way to estimate things then I can in principle calculate it for any of the other children, not just Matoi.

Thanks.

The later you recruit a child, the higher their Level and stats. If their initial Level is higher than 10, add the corresponding number of Level Ups using the child’s growth rates in their current class to estimate their stats.

So from the moment u get the paralogue if u keep playing other chapters the kid will level up till u enter the paralogue or how? Sorry I don't understand this part, can someone explain me?

I don't have the game yet (2016 North American localization) and what I put there is copied and pasted from the information provided by this site, but apparently they took steps in this game so that children units can be brought up to speed very quickly by putting in various measures to scale their strength to your story progress, in that their starting level is based on how far you've gotten in the game before recruiting them.

I don't know the exact details, that said.

I don't know first hand, but I believe I've read about there being a cap…

HOWEVER, after a certain point, there also seems to be "child seals" that promote and auto-level you to a promoted level fitting to your progress as well.

I don't know the chapter -> level correspondences, that said.

To clarify, child characters always join unpromoted, so they'll never be above Level 20 unpromoted.

The Child Seal is used to then promote and bring your child to standard, if they would be above Level 20.

Child Seals won't bring them higher than Level 18 Promoted