My disappointment with 2016's FE titles remains . . .

Tamarsamar

That they are not the same game.

Remember the first preview trailer (now incorporated into the opening movie) for the game we now know as Fates? I was hyped because of all the signs: obvious eastern themes, otherworldly-looking monsters, an attack with ice effects--SMTxFE was finally on the horizon!

Except, no, that wasn't it--it ended up looking more like a Persona spinoff than anything else. Do we not have enough of those already?

This, in turn, further deflated my hype for Fates itself upon realizing that it brought in all those aforementioned things for no reason more significant than it just felt like doing so. Such a loss of expected potential.

I was really disappointed with how SMTxFE turned out too. The teaser trailer was a complete lie. It said FE and many of its protagonists would cross blades with characters of SMT. It didn't say it'd be some highly sexualized, heavily anime-looking garbage that has mostly only Shadow Dragon and Awakening characters.

I was really disappointed with how SMTxFE turned out too. The teaser trailer was a complete lie. It said FE and many of its protagonists would cross blades with characters of SMT. It didn't say it'd be some highly sexualized, heavily anime-looking garbage that has mostly only Shadow Dragon and Awakening characters.

It's just how things work nowdays, see all boobs in fates

I think if you are able to make alot of ''personas'' in this game like in the normal shin megami tensei ones at least, a whole compendium, i think there will be

a whole lot of fe characters

The betrayal by Intelligent Systems/Nintendo is real..

I still remember having such high hopes for Fates and generally being open for that SMTxFE game after the promising initial trailer.

What's going to happen nevertheless is that they'll keep pushing the cringeworthy content for the perverted audience in the future and I think that's the worst part.

I for one am not mad or anything, it's just dissapointing. It really is.

I still remember having such high hopes for Fates and generally being open for that SMTxFE game after the promising initial trailer.

What's going to happen nevertheless is that they'll keep pushing the cringeworthy content for the perverted audience in the future and I think that's the worst part.

I for one am not mad or anything, it's just dissapointing. It really is.

First of all, Atlus is the main maker of this game, and in the interview with the director (who was the one who did Radiant Historia), this was planned as a new IP, and not even a proper crossover.

The trailer wasn't even promising it was a teaser, we couldn't have known what the heck it was going to be just from that, sure some hopes were made, but now it is what it is. I was disappointed to, but then I realized Atlus knows what they are doing, it'll be successful probably. I mean they have IS and the Radiant Historia director onboard.

I also wouldn't say its really overally sexualized at all, it looks persona like

You haven't played the Persona series have you? You know its much more popular and widely received then SMT (Sadly yes), if they had done the FExSMT we originally thought would happen. It would not garner many sales at all, the gameplay looks nice, a nice mixture of elements.

I'd be lying if I said I like the direction of #FE, but perhaps it was all to be expected since it is going to be released on a system with comparatively low sales. Development costs are a lot higher than they once were and Atlus can't make all their products for very niche audiences. The sweet otaku bucks all the Persona-esque titles bring might even result to more available resources for the mainline SMT games in the long run, hopefully.

All in all, I just won't buy #FE. I've complained about FE14's design choices in prior threads enough by now, I'll leave up to future judgement whether I'll purchase it or not.

The teaser trailer said absolutely nothing. At no point it told us characters would cross blades or anything, it was literally characters photoshopped together which wasn't even new art. Outside of it being a crossover, there were no conclusions to be drawn for it.

I'll admit #FE wasn't what I had pictured, but still I want to play it. I haven't played much Persona, but I do like what Atlus does in its RPGs, so I'm willing to give this a chance based on the stuff we've seen.

And I still can't believe there are Splatoon characters in this game.

I for one am not mad or anything

You are coming across as the opposite of what you intend. Edited by Tryhard

The teaser trailer said absolutely nothing. At no point it told us characters would cross blades or anything, it was literally characters photoshopped together which wasn't even new art. Outside of it being a crossover, there were no conclusions to be drawn for it.

I'll admit #FE wasn't what I had pictured, but still I want to play it. I haven't played much Persona, but I do like what Atlus does in its RPGs, so I'm willing to give this a chance based on the stuff we've seen.

No, it said plenty. It didn't show any new art, you're right, but it still showed art of various FE and SMT characters. It gave false hope to what this crossover would be.

And Splatoon characters are in this crossover? Wtf... More reason not to bother with it.

You know I get that some of the FE games might not be everyone's cup of tea thats fine and all but in the end they are just games nothing to get too worked up about.

I'll admit I was perplexed by the SMT x FE game but after the treehouse event it does look like a decent RPG game and I'm open to at least try it out. As far as Fates go I'm pretty hyped about the new my castle feature and three alternate stories/paths and I'm also glad that they redid the balance of pair up and it seems far more strategic now than it was in the past. Also whether you like em or hate em you gotta admit they did a good job on the Amiibo models, their weapons, and classes.

I lose my hype with both games... But Fates was a great success... So... Probably will be the FE's Ultimate destiny... Farewell FE games that really hype? But something is more sure... Farewell the other continents or other things no-Akanea Related... And talking about that... I only expected #FE to see the other Lords in the game... Oh look! The game only has Akanea Related Characters.

*Sigh*

No, it said plenty. It didn't show any new art, you're right, but it still showed art of various FE and SMT characters. It gave false hope to what this crossover would be.

You know what they say about assumptions...

The real thing it showed was that SMT and FE were...crossing over. They didn't say what.

Can't look at everything literally, y'know.

That said, my dream for Walter meeting Chrom and having Mercerception is dead.

• 3 weeks later...

They haven't even revealed all the characters for #FE yet. Just because we've only seen Awakening and Shadow Dragon characters so far doesn't mean that's all that will be in the game. I'm betting Ike at the very least will be in the game, given his incredible popularity.

You know what they say about assumptions...

The real thing it showed was that SMT and FE were...crossing over. They didn't say what.

Can't look at everything literally, y'know.

Yes, but didn't we see SMT characters in that teaser? And a lot of FE lords? But now we see a Persona thing, which I heard is different from core SMT and features a different cast. And from what that interview on SMT x FE said, the majority of FE characters in it will be Archanea/Ylisse-related. Which means we definitely won't be seeing all those lords, probably only Marth, Ike, Chrom, and Lucina, less than half of what was there.

Yes, a teaser is just that, a teaser, but the product it's advertising still shouldn't be THAT far off from what it showed.

Yes, but didn't we see SMT characters in that teaser? And a lot of FE lords? But now we see a Persona thing, which I heard is different from core SMT and features a different cast. And from what that interview on SMT x FE said, the majority of FE characters in it will be Archanea/Ylisse-related. Which means we definitely won't be seeing all those lords, probably only Marth, Ike, Chrom, and Lucina, less than half of what was there.

Yes, a teaser is just that, a teaser, but the product it's advertising still shouldn't be THAT far off from what it showed.

To be fair, we had no gameplay video or anything yet, they probably weren't even sure what they were doing yet at the time, only that they wanted a collaboration between the two series. I'm pretty sure the teaser was just to get the idea of a collaboration, and it's not false advertising. We haven't bought anything yet, and they clearly showed the difference between what the teaser showed, and what they have now. It's just a case of things changing during development.

While a crossover story would've been cool, it also would've tried too hard to fit every single one of those characters in the teaser. I'm pretty excited to see what the story's all about, the only thing I don't really care for are the idol outfits.

To be fair, we had no gameplay video or anything yet, they probably weren't even sure what they were doing yet at the time, only that they wanted a collaboration between the two series. I'm pretty sure the teaser was just to get the idea of a collaboration, and it's not false advertising. We haven't bought anything yet, and they clearly showed the difference between what the teaser showed, and what they have now. It's just a case of things changing during development.

While a crossover story would've been cool, it also would've tried too hard to fit every single one of those characters in the teaser. I'm pretty excited to see what the story's all about, the only thing I don't really care for are the idol outfits.

Yeah, that's all true, but I still don't at all like how it turned out... I waited two years just to be really disappointed and I didn't even set my expectations really high. :(

I don't care for those idol outfits at all either. They're just so skimpy and wtf. Zipper panties? F-ing seriously?

fire emblem is dead

No. No it is not. Do you want to know how you can tell a franchise is dead? When they STOP MAKING GAMES FOR IT.

Try going up to some fans of Ogre Battle and tell them that YOUR franchise is the one that's dead. See how they react.

I just want to point out that that's not actually Callie and Marie, it's just two girls in a similar colour scheme singing a bad ripoff of the Splatfest theme. (Maybe they're very subtle and frankly pretty bad references, but I doubt that.)

On topic, it's pretty certain by now that #FE (and recent Fire Emblem games in general) have been designed to appeal strongly to the otaku/fujoshi crowd. The one good thing I see coming out of this is said audience throwing enough money at the 3DS/Wii U so that Nintendo can afford to go back to not resorting to pandering like this.