jurassic park/world

Phoenix Wright

jurassic park/world  

13 members have voted

1. 1. what's better

• j. park
    • j. world
    • book
    • other dino movie (tell us in your post)

which is better? i saw jurassic world yesterday and jurassic park today. i can say that honestly, i preferred world. they're both very good, and have a lot of the same flaws imo, but world was just slightly better.

never read the book. my bro says it's best though

Edited by Phoenix Wright

What about The Lost World? Anybody? Anybody? How about Jurassic Park 3? Come on guys, don't leave me hanging here =(

Of the two, I prefer the original because it left more of a lasting impact even though Jurassic World was a surprisingly enjoyable movie.

Edited by Refa

I watched Jurassic World first before Park and I definitely prefer park because there was a lot of build up and morality questioning about cloning and revitalizing the dinosaurs. That's not to say world is bad. No far from it. I liked the character interactions in world more and the overall theme of the actual amusement park actually being run and fully functional was something I thought was great to see. It definitely had good world building. Look at the movie promotional website. You can see just how much lore and effort they put into the World movie. It was definitely better at building the settings than tomorrowland which I was severely disappointed with.

For some reason I never had a problem with the 2 kids in world and that seems to be everyone's complaint when it comes to the flaws of the movie. Sure some of the scenes like where they talked about their family relationship was a bit of a curveball but it really didn't impact the overall movie all that much. The kids in the original Park movie was 5 times worse for me.

Jurassic Park > Jurassic World >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lost World >>>> Park 3

Edited by kingddd

World is definitely more fun if you just want some more straight-up action. It has some cool new ideas, the ending is awesome, but the characters and story in the first one are much more believable and memorable. The CG also failed to look realistic in some necessary shots, and it probably wouldn't have been a problem if they had some puppets and animatronics. I actually like Jurassic Park 3 over 2, believe it or not, World is better than both of those though.

I actually preferred The Lost World. I fully understand all of its flaws, but I felt it had the best action scenes, and that's why I watched these movies in the first place, so yeah.

The only one that I thought was just not even very fun was Jurassic Park 3. So for me it's The Lost World > Jurassic World > Jurassic Park > Jurassic Park 3.

• 4 weeks later...