Trying to buy Fire emblem on Japanese eshop..my card wont work??

Ghostlander

What the actual fuck? Several people have used north american visa cards on the eshop, but I'm getting an error?

What the hell do I do now? I blew my money to import a japanese 3ds specifically for this.

Edited by Ghostlander

Yes please send a picture of the error code so I can figure out what the internal error could be.

Ok never mind don't send it again xD.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

You attempted to add funds to your account?

EDITMODEDIT: yo don't triplepost neither

Edited by Integrity

Yes, that is not an error.

Edit: Sorry about that Triple Post, I was hurrying and forgot to just edit my post.

Edited by Hinokaizbae

Error Code: 026-7511

-Unable to complete a credit card transaction on the Nintendo Eshop

-The charge attempted was declined by the card issuer or the credit card information entered was incorrect

Apparently either Visa is declining the Eshops access to your credit card or your just entering your information wrong, be sure to check that your information is correct and if the problem still persists it would do good to call your credit card provider about the problem.

Error Code: 026-7511

-Unable to complete a credit card transaction on the Nintendo Eshop

-The charge attempted was declined by the card issuer or the credit card information entered was incorrect

Apparently either Visa is declining the Eshops access to your credit card or your just entering your information wrong, be sure to check that your information is correct and if the problem still persists it would do good to call your credit card provider about the problem.

So it's 100% sure that it's not because of selected region? I should go up to my bank and tell them wtf is going on?

Error code: 026-7511 Your credit card is not available. Please contact your credit card company you use for more information.

This error code usually implies that your specific region's credit card is not useable on the Japanese Eshop. This is common outside of Canada and some of the US. The most typical solution is to purchase an Eshop card, which have a certain amount of yen on them and you enter the code to add that to your Eshop.

Unfortunately these are region locked so you would need to order a Japanese one, but it will not cost you more money than you would pay otherwise (other than perhaps some shipping fees, which are low for something like this.)

No the cause of the error is not because of your region, the error only states that either the info is wrong, or its being declined. So to answer your first question, yes it is 100% not because of your selected region from what I understand of the error code. Instead of going to your bank it would be best to just call Visa themselves, they could most likely help the problem more than your local bank could. I am basing my answers solely off of what Nintendo is telling me the error code is. If you cannot get the problem resolved, its best to use a different credit card to complete your purchase. If you do not have another credit card available to you, do what gayserbeam said and purchase an Eshop card.

Edit: I've seen many people use English credit cards for Japanese EShop purchases, so what is puzzling me is that it isn't taking yours for some reason.

Edited by Hinokaizbae

I used a site someone suggested to purchase an ecard. Offgamers.com ?

Anyway, I went through with the purchase, it said there was an error, but I got an email confirming the order and that I was charged.

I didn't get the code, the support hasn't answered..so...I just get fucked everywhere today? Order a 100 dollar japanese 3ds that I got solely for the game I wanted to get, which I cant get because of several layers of fuckery.

Well aren't you just having a bad day? Sorry about that. Your best bet is to purchase the EShop card because apparently its just not gonna take your credit card. So you have contacted the support? Is there a phone number on the website that you could call? If there is you should definitely call that immediately. After support has responded to your question reply to the thread again to let me know.

Well aren't you just having a bad day? Sorry about that. Your best bet is to purchase the EShop card because apparently its just not gonna take your credit card. So you have contacted the support? Is there a phone number on the website that you could call? If there is you should definitely call that immediately. After support has responded to your question reply to the thread again to let me know.

Won't let me buy any pre-paid cards either. I got a fraud email earlier, and said Yes it was just me, but I still can't use it on the eshop, or to purchase any pre-paid cards.

Banks not open, I don't see how else to figure it out. Waiting till tomorrow at the least is pretty ass, just to figure out what's going on.