how to play it now in america?

Mobfos

Hey I love fire emblem I've played all of them that have been released in the US but I really want to play Fates. As much as i want to wait, I just need to play it now but I have never downloaded an emulator or rom or anything of the sort and was hoping some of you guys could maybe help walk me through the steps of how to play it now and download the menu patch and stuff? Thanks!

Edited by VincentASM
: )

ugh that's so unfortunate, I don't know how I'll wait till frickin 2016

You don't have to, if you have a couple hundred dollars to spare.

Not to get your hopes up (because I don't know how they did it) but I've seen screenshots of a English patched Fire Emblem Fates on 4chan.

To even begin this conversation, you need a 3ds that's on firmware version 9.2 or lower. If you don't, none of this matters and you cant english patch much less play the image file via hacks.

Well, I'm sure most of you might know of this, but if you guys have a copy of Cubic Ninja, you guys can use Smealum's Regionfour and play FE:If using an imported physical cartridge (I did this using my O3DS and it worked fine)—so you don't necessarily need to get a Japanese 3DS. Buying a copy of Cubic Ninja and FE:If is still pretty pricey though, but comparatively cheaper than getting a Japanese 3DS as well as a physical copy of FE:If.

And I think it's actually quite nice to have the translated patch, given that some people who already own a Japanese copy of the game don't want to wait for a localized version. I've also heard people discussing that having the fan-translated version would be useful, especially if the localized version ends up being censored or if other content is changed/cut.

Edited by agneauette

And I think it's actually quite nice to have the translated patch, given that some people who already own a Japanese copy of the game don't want to wait for a localized version. I've also heard people discussing that having the fan-translated version would be useful, especially if the localized version ends up being censored or if other content is changed/cut.

This pretty much. I might just import the game if the fan translation is done in a timely manner.