Question about buying physical/digital.

Nyanko

I read somewhere that if you buy a physical copy of one route and then download the other route, you get some extras. If you buy physical copies of both routes, you won't get those extras.

Is that true? The person didn't specify what the extras are. What would I miss out on if I bought physical copies of both routes?

Well, I was hoping to recruit characters I want from the opposite route. I'll have two 3DSs once the games come out in NA. I live in a rural area and can't rely on getting streetpasses to recruit characters. :( I don't mind spending more money to buy two physical copies if that actually works, but I don't want to miss out bonus items either. Do we know what the bonus items are yet?

I think buying Hoshido + Nohr paths gets you two Dread Fighter scrolls, and buying all three paths gets you two Dark Falcon wings to promote your units into those classes. I could be wrong though...? I don't have both paths.

And there's no need to worry about getting characters from the other path! You can play online my castle battles, and winning allows you to recruit one of the units you fought. One easy way I tell between if it's a Hoshido or Nohr My Castle is by the Armory and Vendor map symbols. A Hoshido Castle will have a curved blade symbol as the armory, and a stave (or baton, whichever you call it) with the little flaps at the side as the Vendor. A Nohr Castle will have a generic sword and stave symbol as their Armory and Vendor. If it has all four, it's a third path Castle.

I think buying Hoshido + Nohr paths gets you two Dread Fighter scrolls, and buying all three paths gets you two Dark Falcon wings to promote your units into those classes. I could be wrong though...? I don't have both paths.

And there's no need to worry about getting characters from the other path! You can play online my castle battles, and winning allows you to recruit one of the units you fought. One easy way I tell between if it's a Hoshido or Nohr My Castle is by the Armory and Vendor map symbols. A Hoshido Castle will have a curved blade symbol as the armory, and a stave (or baton, whichever you call it) with the little flaps at the side as the Vendor. A Nohr Castle will have a generic sword and stave symbol as their Armory and Vendor. If it has all four, it's a third path Castle.

Thanks!! That's a relief. Like I said, I don't really get many streetpasses where I am so if it's online that makes it so much better.

Are the online battles something you can do as many times as you want? I know it's a silly question, but I was wondering if there are any restrictions on it.

Nah, you can visit as many other castles as you want! No restrictions, and it's great for building supports!

In Hoshido, you'll earn some extra experience from those online castle battles, whereas Nohr will only earn you some supports. In both routes, you can buy weapons from their armory, if you don't want to battle, but you'll exit immediately if you do so.

Nah, you can visit as many other castles as you want! No restrictions, and it's great for building supports!

In Hoshido, you'll earn some extra experience from those online castle battles, whereas Nohr will only earn you some supports. In both routes, you can buy weapons from their armory, if you don't want to battle, but you'll exit immediately if you do so.

Sounds great. That means I can save a bit of money. Thanks again!!

Maybe a little off topic but does anyone know what happens if you own both versions physically then then buy the 3rd path DLC for one of the games? is it accessible on both physical games or only for the game it was originally downloaded for? I'm guessing it probably the later but I'd be nice to have a confirmation.

Maybe a little off topic but does anyone know what happens if you own both versions physically then then buy the 3rd path DLC for one of the games? is it accessible on both physical games or only for the game it was originally downloaded for? I'm guessing it probably the later but I'd be nice to have a confirmation.

I can't confirm, but I suspect it's the latter. Even without changes in the game's contents, each version seems to identify itself as its own internally. I suspect this because the shop gave me the option to get the Special Edition version of the 3rd route without so much as asking for a download code. Wouldn't be unreasonable if the two general versions are treated as different games internally.