End of Valorous Roland

Paper Jam

The dialogue at the end of Valorous Roland (and I presume The Berserker as well, although I haven't checked that) is different depending on whether Eliwood and Ninian have A support or not. The script at http://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/scripts/game-script/eliwoods-story/chapter-28-valorous-roland/only applies if they do.

If they do not have A support, this follows Nergal teleporting in. Changes are in italics.

(Nergal teleports in)

Eliwood:
“Blackheart! Nergal!”

Nergal:
“Ninian proved useless. I’ve come for a replacement.”

(Nils is teleported over to Nergal)

Eliwood:
“Nils!”

Nergal:
“Don’t waste your breath. He won’t be awake for some time. Nils will do for me what Ninian would not.”

Eliwood:
“Scum! What have you done with Ninian!?”

Nergal:
“It’s not what I’ve done. It’s what you’ve done, Eliwood.”

Eliwood:
“What?”

Nergal:
“Eliwood, did you never once question it? Why the siblings were needed to open the Dragon’s Gate? Why did it have to be Ninian and Nils?”

Eliwood:
“……”

Nergal:
“The answer is simple. The Dragon’s Gate cannot be opened by humans. Why would humans be able to open a gate that was designed… for dragons?”

Eliwood:
“…What?”

Nergal:
“It’s pitiful, really. Poor Ninian’s plight. Coaxed by my honeyed words, she passed through the gate… Though unable to return home, she refused to aid me and wandered lost and alone, until… she was slain by the hand of the one she loved.”

Eliwood:
“What… What are you saying?”

Nergal:
“Can you not guess? Or is it that you are afraid to know? Very well. Let me tell you, Eliwood. The ice dragon there… The beast slaughtered by your hand… That is Ninian. The girl who adored you. She returned to her true form and lost all human memory. Yet you, above all else, remained in her heart, and she came here…. Look upon the creature you have slain. That is Ninian.”

Eliwood:
“…Ah…”

Nergal:
“Go on, look. She’s using the last of her strength to take human form for one last time. I believe there may still be time enough to say farewell. You know, of course, that you cannot save her.”

Eliwood:
“Nergal!! You foul demon!!”

Nergal:
“It’s not me. You, Eliwood. You killed her. You–“

Eliwood:
“I… Aaaaaaahhh!!!”

Hector:
“Calm down! Get hold of yourself, Eliwood.”

Eliwood:
“I… I……”

(The ice dragon turns into Ninian)

Ninian:
“Lo…Lord Eliwood…”

Eliwood:
“…Ninian?”

Ninian:
“…Ah…”

Eliwood:
“Ninian! Ninian!”

Ninian:
“Eliwood…”

Eliwood:
“Ninian… Please, Ninian, don’t die… I… What have I done?”

Ninian:
“I’m glad…”

Eliwood:
“What?”

Ninian:
“That you are unharmed, my lord… I'm so glad…”*

Eliwood:
“Ninian…”

Ninian:
“…Lord Eliwood… Please… Ple…ase… this…land… prote…… … ……”

Eliwood:
“…Ninian… Ninian? You can’t… Answer me… Niniaaaaaaan!!!!”

Nergal:
“That’s enough. You will await the end of the world trembling in the shadows of dragons!”

Athos:
“I will not permit it. Instead, I will see you perish in flame!!”

(Athos attacks Nergal with Forblaze but only does 5 damage)

Nergal:
“The purest fire… Flame breath. Very impressive, Archsage Athos. However… However, fire is no longer my foe! Look! Not even a legendary blade can cause me harm! At long last, I am impervious! Ha ha…ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!”

Athos:
“…Gaa…”

Nergal:
“Miserable, aren’t you, Athos? Yet out of respect for the great man you used to be, I’ll leave. After all, 500 years ago, we followed the same path, did we not, old friend? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!”

(Nergal leaves)

Hector:
“What do we do now? Not even legendary weapons can stop him!”

Nils:
“…Uhh… …”

Lyn:
“Nils! You’re awake! Are you OK?”

Nils:
“…Ninian! ……Ninian. …Ninian!? Where is my…”

Lyn:
“……”

Hector:
“………”

Eliwood:
“…Nils… …I’m so sorry.”

Nils:
“…Uuh… Aaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!”

*I'm not sure whether this line in particular is actually different depending on whether Eliwood and Ninian had A support, or whether it was mistranscribed.