Maid vs War Priestess

Andrastus

Maid vs War Priestess  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of healer should I make my F!Kamui?

• Maid (Nohr Playthrough)
    • War Priestess (Hoshido Playthrough)

This is my first post! Woo! Anywho, I'm interested in making my F!Kamui into a healer in one of my three playthroughs. But the real question is, should I go Maid during my Nohr Playthrough or go War Priestess during my Hoshido playthrough? I know that when it comes to max unit optimization, it's not a really good idea but I'm just a sucker for healer classes and it's going to make me happy.

I really like both classes. I love the whole healer/rogue aspect of the Maid with the daggers/throwing daggers and absolutely love the animatons, but I really hate the outfit and the fact that the name of the class is called "Maid". I also really like War Priestess because the outfit is just ridiculously pretty and the archers seem a lot better in this game than they do in Awakening. Halp.

Edited by Andrastus

I personally find War Priestesses better since they can take advantage of their high Mag stat by using a Shining Bow which is buyable unlike the Maid with whom you have to be lucky with in order to get the one Mag Kunai in the game.(Being Felicia's Ice Tray)

Maid imo. Does a bit better as a support unit. They can use a variety of 1-2 range weapons, better defense so more fights are possible to support without dying to a physical hit. Also the debuffs give you multiple ways to support. Otherwise, they are pretty much the same unit. WP killing mages is her real advantage.

Edited by Psyruby

I think War Priestess is the better choice, not only she has Renewal, but bows are really good, especially on Nohr, which lacks bow users, in fact you should use War Priestess on your Nohr playthrough, that being said, Maid is still a pretty good class.

Maids are magekillers, and I heard mage killers are more useful in the Hoshido path,

However this is coming from someone who doesn't own the game, so take what I said with a grain of salt, I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Water Mage

I chose War Priestess purely because I find it to have the better skills. Otherwise, I'd say Maid because I find Kunai to be better weapons than Bows (I'm just not a bow person, personally).

If you want OP self regeneration: War Priestess

If you want to receive the same healing you gave to the person you healed: Maid.

Honestly, War Priestesses are more suited to combat and thriving in it due to their bows and renewal, while Maid's are better support units, using their hidden weapons to debuff and Servant's Joy (Heal the same amount you healed a person, and given their above-average magic, makes it quite effective). Also, War Priestesses have magic counter, which make them a strong anti-mage despite their bow disadvantage. Maids get Tomebreaker, though it might be a bit unnecessary since hidden weapons are already strong against tomes anyway.

Edited by Jester Capri

I personally find War Priestesses better since they can take advantage of their high Mag stat by using a Shining Bow which is buyable unlike the Maid with whom you have to be lucky with in order to get the one Mag Kunai in the game.(Being Felicia's Ice Tray)

This seems pretty important to know, thanks!

If you want OP self regeneration: War Priestess

If you want to receive the same healing you gave to the person you healed: Maid.

Honestly, War Priestesses are more suited to combat and thriving in it due to their bows and renewal, while Maid's are better support units, using their hidden weapons to debuff and Servant's Joy (Heal the same amount you healed a person, and given their above-average magic, makes it quite effective). Also, War Priestesses have magic counter, which make them a strong anti-mage despite their bow disadvantage. Maids get Tomebreaker, though it might be a bit unnecessary since hidden weapons are already strong against tomes anyway.

Hm, I like the idea of OP self regen over receiving healing when healing someone else. I also like magic-counter. But then again, maids are able to melee and range. Hrmmm...

Thanks for the help thus far everyone. The input so far has been extremely valuable!

For Nohr, War Priestess all the way because you'll have an additional bow user and you can get the magic bow. Renewal is an amazing skill and dramatically increases the unit's survivability.

For Hoshido? Probably War Priestess! You already have 7 characters who can use Hidden Weapons as their default weapon and two of those characters are Maids/Butlers themselves.

If you want to get the Maid/Butler skills, you can get them via a buddy seal with Felicia in either route. The only way to get War Priestess skills in Nohr is to choose the class yourself.

Edited by NekoKnight

For Nohr, War Priestess all the way because you'll have an additional bow user and you can get the magic bow. Renewal is an amazing skill and dramatically increases the unit's survivability.

For Hoshido? Probably War Priestess! You already have 7 characters who can use Hidden Weapons as their default weapon and two of those characters are Maids/Butlers themselves.

If you want to get the Maid/Butler skills, you can get them via a buddy seal with Felicia in either route. The only way to get War Priestess skills in Nohr is to choose the class yourself.

This. This is actually a good idea. I'm sold. War Priestess for my Nohr playthrough. Thanks everyone!