Sequel to FE8: Need Ideas

Hey guys! I'm new to these forums! I'm planning to create a ROM hack of FE8 as a sequel because I loved the original game, and I think it would be cool to have a sequel, revisiting the old characters, except at advanced promotions (for example, Vanessa will now be a Level 1 Falcoknight). I think I need some inspiration for the storyline.

I have a starting idea, but I need more to fill in almost 30 chapters xD.

Also, I am thinking of following up on that big disaster that Knoll mentioned back in the original FE8.

Prologue: An Urgent Message

The Second War of the Stones left Magvel in a state of unrest. Several soldiers were left disembodied or dead. Bandits roam the land, and the nations of Magvel are too unorganized to stop them. Villages, great sources of income, were now destroyed, and any refugees who escaped were now forced to roam as beggars... Grado was still under the control of Renais, turning King Ephraim, who once cared little about anything to do which wasn't concerned with fighting, into the most powerful man on Magvel.

Fire Emblem: The Last Stone (what I plan to call it) will start out in Carcino, where rebel forces have grown strong again following the chaos ensuing during reconstruction. Gilliam, now General of the Frelian Armies (Level 5 General), has been sent by King Hayden to defeat the rebels at Carcino.

Gilliam: I can't believe it...

Moulder: Is there something wrong?

Gilliam: The rebels are overpowering our military...

Moulder: Carcino's rebel forces seem to have only grown since we last beat Pablo...

Vanessa: If I may interrupt, General Gilliam, our forces have just been cornered to this fort...

Gilliam: Vanessa, please fly to Castle Frelia and request for reinforcements. We will hold out until then...

Vanessa: Aye, sir.

Vanessa flies, bumping into Syrene, who was just about to deliver a message to Gilliam from Castle Frelia. Before they can exchange messages, a group of bandits attacks...

After the bandits are killed...

Vanessa: Syrene! I have an urgent message for you! The rebel forces at Carcino are overpowering us!

Syrene: We have more urgent matters right now... Castle Frelia is being invaded. Countless refugees, widows, and orphans are are charging into the castle!

Vanessa: Is the royal family safe?

Syrene: Last I checked, yes... But I fear for Princess Tana and Prince Innes, who decided to charge straight into battle...

Vanessa: We must head to Carcino and pull back the forces!

So anyone have any suggestions for me? New lords? Chapter ideas? Anything, really.

Edited by Morva