Difficulty questions

How important is it to use rally skills? I've only ever played Awakening up to Hard where there's no need to use them since your units are just plain overpowered anyway, so if they're pretty important in Fates I might have to start getting used to using them.

How important is it to use rally skills? I've only ever played Awakening up to Hard where there's no need to use them since your units are just plain overpowered anyway, so if they're pretty important in Fates I might have to start getting used to using them.

Like most skills, if you have a character with them, you'll be better off putting it to use than not, but they're not critical any more than most. They're good, though.

I finished Hoshido about two weeks ago and right now I'm on chapter 22 in Nohr. Both were on Hard Mode.

One thing that I noticed is that units from Hoshido have higher Speed and Skill but low HP and Defense, while Nohr units tend to be the opposite. For example, I've been stuck in chapter 22 for a couple of days, my Marx (or any other units) cannot land a hit on Kazahana and gets killed. While she doesn't do much damage normally she has very high Avoid and then she activates Breaking Sky which destroys Marx.

I'm definitely considering buying the DLCs so I can grind my way out of this chapter. But I definitely would not have gotten close to chapter 22 without having to buy skills from streetpass.

I finished Hoshido about two weeks ago and right now I'm on chapter 22 in Nohr. Both were on Hard Mode.

One thing that I noticed is that units from Hoshido have higher Speed and Skill but low HP and Defense, while Nohr units tend to be the opposite. For example, I've been stuck in chapter 22 for a couple of days, my Marx (or any other units) cannot land a hit on Kazahana and gets killed. While she doesn't do much damage normally she has very high Avoid and then she activates Breaking Sky which destroys Marx.

I'm definitely considering buying the DLCs so I can grind my way out of this chapter. But I definitely would not have gotten close to chapter 22 without having to buy skills from streetpass.

Have you been using Elfie (or any general, really)? The defensive formation skill + weapon triangle advantage I hear makes Kazahana a joke.

What you must remember about Fire Emblem is that it is a strategy game. In terms of Fates, I've not yet come across anything that changing my strategy didn't help. Make sure that you don't neglect Kunai/Shurekin users, make sure you've a few people with healing abilities, and there is no harm in rallybots. Having one will do wonders. In my Nohr Lunatic run, I made sure to analyze everything thoroughly and to try out different things if need be. I also had no issues with using characters I wanted. Nohr is full of tanks; so onviously using them to your advantage is what I'd say is most key. But, as stated, Nohr Lunatic is the hardest you'll play in Fates and I've played worse in other entries.

Based off stats, the Hoshido classes are all extremely fast. To the point that only one class in Hoshido has below 30 speed(Great Merchant). Nohr cares about attack Magic a lot more too. Even in the character maximums, Hoshido's have A LOT more str ups, while the Nohr have a decently even split. Nohr care about offensive/defensive stats, Hoshido care about support stats(skill, luck, speed). That's pretty much how it goes. There are exception here and there of course.