FE8 Newbie Question?

So I just got Myrrh and she immediately became my best unit with her amazing growths and defense and gained 12 levels in chapter 16. My question is, is there any drawback to using her? I feel like this is too nice of a move by Nintendo to give a unit this good and I'm pretty suspicious that she maybe does an Orson or something. D=

There's also this:

You can also use this glitch to acquire monster weapons, which Myrrh can use, for example the Draco Zombie's wretched air.

Edited by Blue Druid

Myrrh has the drawback that without her Dragonstone, even if you give her an unlimited use weapon, if that weapon is not Wretched Air or one of the Demon King weapons (She can wield them all) then she's stuck with Tier 1 stat caps which makes her practically useless. Therefore, never let the Dragonstone break, keep repairing it with the above glitch, or get her a Wretched Air ASAP because she desperately needs the stat boosts to stay relevant.

Edit: If you're playing this as a downloaded rom, you can also use the Nightmare editor to make the dragonstone unlimited uses. It's slightly cheaty but it beats the tedium of glitch abuse IMO.

Edited by Klokinator

Myrrh is the best unit to take out the demon king as long as you get her to level 20. Make sure to use the glitch above so that you have the dragonstone and the final boss will be a piece of cake.

I got past that chapter without ever knowing about the glitch ;-; I'm playing the Wii U downloaded version if that means anything. I'll just end up saving like 6 or so uses of the Dragonstone for the final boss.