Strange chest behaviour in FE2?

So, a guy I talk to, who works with that one wiki, Moydow is having an issue with a variety of chests in FE2, whenever he tries to open some of them, he gets this:

56C20A1.png

"Area reclaimed! [item] reverte"

What is this message? I've never seen this. Is there a fix to this issue? What causes it? I've played through Gaiden 3 times too.

He is using the FE2 translation by Artemis (artemis251.fobby.net/feg/FEG_EngTrans_Artemis251_v1.01.ZIP). (The same patch listed on Serenes here, so I imagine most people use this one.)

And before anyone asks, Moydow said he tried to make an account here but never got a confirmation email or a reply from an email to the admins, so I'm posting it for him because I'm pretty interested myself. Especially since this is keeping him from getting Falchion, lmao.

Edited by L95

I got this when I was playing, too. I had to have Alm send the (Royal?, I forgot, sorry) to storage before I could take the Falchion. So, I'm not sure.

EDIT: I'm not an expert on this, but I'm assuming the game doesn't let you send important items to storage, so it puts it back into the chest until Alm's item slot is empty.

Edited by Sophie