Could a 0% Hard-mode run be possible?

Nintales

It would be funny. From some of my calculations, I kinda think it would be.

Frederick is a good unit for most of the early game, while Libra, Cordelia, Gregor, Tharja and Anna will come into your team.

Cherche can be quite good for low-turning with a forged hammer if you rig, I guess.

The probable requirements :

- Getting MU up to lv20/15 so she gets Rally Royal to make lategame easier.

- Cordelia as a Falcon and Sumia as a Dark Flier for the rallies. Cordelia could do boss-killing with a forged Beast Killer against Pheros, but not sure of it.

- Dumping Energy Drops and Naga's Tear on Chrom so he can deal decent damage with the exalted Falchion, and Secret Books to make it easier for him to dual attack.

- Early-promoting Vaike so you get Rally Strength.

I think this is possible, especially with duos. Even in no-duos, I guess, but that would be way harder.

Let's see.

Base Flavia (who is gonna be our Grima-Killer) gets 30 speed as a hero, and 32 speed as an assassin. She'll need just a Spd Tonic and a Rally Speed to double Grima, or if we're assuming duos, just a Chrom Pair-up and a Spd Tonic.

She'd get up to 38 str with a Str Tonic, a Rally Royal and a Rally Strength. Adding a Chrom pair-up, that's 39.

With a forged Brave Sword up to 14 might, she gets 17 might added, making 56 might on Grima.

Grima has 41 defense, he'll take 7 damage with Dragonskin. 28 damage therefore if no pavise proc, which puts him down to 60 Hps.

Base promoted Chrom gets with Rally Royal and Rally Strength 19 Strength. With a Strength Tonic, that's 21. If my memory is correct, you get two Energy Drops and one Naga's tear, increasing it up to 27. Exalted Falchion has 15 base might. Tripling it makes 45 might.

He gets therefore 72 might on Grima, dealing 15 damage on him, which makes 60 damage if he procs a Dual Attack each time Flavia duos.

You can kill Grima with no procs whatsoever if he doesn't proc pavise once, which is quite unlikely though.

But, with multiple Pavise procs, you can still dance Flavia with Olivia.

Grima can be rushed thanks to Say'ri's ability to ORKO the Zerker with two speed rallies, one strength and a forged Brave Sword.

The last chapter is doable at 0%, but I'm wondering about chapter 19, 20, 21, 23 and 25. Those are really hard.

Edited by Nintales

But what makes FE11H5 and FE12H2 more viable is that every map (bar the prologue and that one map in 12 which is a joke anyway) has a seize objective and you can warpskip chapters that seem too intimidating for the purposes of 0% growths. Awakening relies on you proccing stats even moreso than FE12 and the abundance of combat-heavy maps doesn't help in that regard.

Though I can't actually give an expert opinion on whether a 0% growths run of Hard is reliably executable or not.

Edited by Topazd